• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mind Scape

Started by rooker1, February 27, 2007, 07:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

looking very good there Robin and yes I did answer First place as well, i guess I just aint smartical lol.... cant wait to see more of that port and more riddle me's!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

thundercrack83

Looking good here, Robin, but then again, I wouldn't expect anything less!

On the riddle, I said, "second place," but only because I'd heard that one before...

Keep up the good work, my friend!

Dustin

rooker1

Here is a pretty big milestone for myself.

At 22222 Views and 742 Repies, that's really big for my books.  ()stsfd()

Next update after the weekend.
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

art128

Lol 22222 view  :D congrats fir that !  :thumbsup:
and can't wait the update  ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

bat

That's a very nice looking picture there! Great work on it!

And congrats on 22222(+) views! Looking forward to more... :)

squidi

congrats to 22222 views!

the port is looking great so far and i cant wait to see the ships

paul

thundercrack83

Congratulations on 22222 views, Robin! I'll be on the lookout for 33333...

Take care, my friend!

Dustin

rooker1

Thanks everyone for congratualting me on my view milestone, but I have even better news.

My wife and I are 5 weeks pregnant.  This will be our third and final one.

Matias is now 2 1/2 years old and Nicholas is 1 and 4 months old.  The new baby is to be around May 30th, same as my wife's birthday.
My birthday is May 27th and Nicholas' is May 6th, that's alot of birthdays in one month.  Just for the record Matias' birthday is March 21st.
I am so happy, this will be the perfect addition to my already perfect family.

Robin  ()stsfd()
Call me Robin, please.

dsrwhat316

Congratulations, Robin!  &apls &apls &apls That sure is a lot of b-days in one month (mine is in May, as well  ()stsfd())

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

thundercrack83

Many congratulations, Robin! I hope that everyone is doing well!

All on the birthday thing, my family's the same way--my mom, dad, and brother are all in August and I'm in November...

Good luck!

Dustin

CasperVg

Congratulations, Robin!
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

art128

Congratulations Robin, for that excellent news   &apls &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Sheep49

Congratulations Robin! That's exellent news! :thumbsup: &apls
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

emilin

Congratulations, Robin!

That must really be a happy occation for you and your family.

Edit: being in the same situation myself, but we're waiting for our first child... perhaps you have some pointers. ;D

Congratulations to you, Emil.  Not sure if my pointers are any good, but I could always try.  ;) Robin  :thumbsup:

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Pat

OK Robin and Emil make sure when you all talk about some pointers to let me know to please, me and Vicki are still trying for our first ourselves... Robin Congrats on being 5wks pregnant, I didn't think guys could do that one lol  :D .... LOL no really congrats my friend and I'm sooo excited for you and the misses!!!!  &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls Also another congrats for the page view marker of all 2's....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

kimcar

Hey  congrats my friend  &apls &apls I`m very happy for you and your family :thumbsup:

Nardo69

Hello Robin!

Let me do a Congratulation for the third child here, too!  :thumbsup: &apls &apls &apls &apls

Sorry for being absent so long but there are quite some problems as I told you on MSN!

My best wishes to you and your wife my friend!  :)

Bernhard   :thumbsup: 

JoeST

WOW, well done and lots and lots of congratulations to you Robin :) thats incredibly ace news, I hope all goes well and everything

best wishes

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

sebes

OK - so I return after 5 weeks absence and now you're 5 weeks pregnant  ???
Not sure what to think of that my friend  :P  Congratulations. Talk to you soon again.
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

rooker1

First of all let me thank you all for the warm congratulations, it's very much appreciated.  My wife is already using the pregnancy to her advantage.  Can't cook dinner, too tired....can't work right now, too tired.....can you get me this and that, I need to relax......can't get your beer for you, I'm pregnant, you'll have to get it yourself.  :D Just kidding on the last one.  ;D Anyways, it's all okay with me for the next nine months plus.... ::)

So...I just got back from a business trip over the last weekend and I thought I would share a few pictures with you all of the more than beautiful Qubec City.

This is the view from the front of the Delta Hotel where I was staying.

Here is a view down Avenue Honore-Mercier.  The streets there are all very steep, at least compared to where I live In Toronto where everything is relatively flat.

This is the Hotel du Parliment with Jacques Cartier statue in the front.  The landscaping around the entire building was so beautiful with a maze of paths surrounded by gardens of flowers and trees.

Some facts taken from Wikipedia on this incredible bridge.
The Quebec Bridge (Pont de Québec in French) in Canada crosses the lower Saint Lawrence River to the west of Quebec City, and Lévis, Quebec.
The Quebec Bridge is a riveted steel truss structure and is 987 metres (3,239 ft) long, 29 m (94 ft) wide, and 104 m (340 ft) high. Cantilever arms 177 m (580 ft) long support a 195 m (640 ft) central structure, for a total span of 549 m (1800 ft), the longest cantilever bridge span in the world. It is the easternmost (furthest downstream) complete crossing of the Saint Lawrence.
The bridge accommodates three highway lanes (none until 1929, one until 1949, two until 1993), one rail line (two until 1949), and a pedestrian walkway (originally two); at one time it also carried a streetcar line. It has been owned by the Canadian National Railway since 1993.

Chateau Frontenac.  Now this is a huge magnificent hotel that over looks the Quebec City and the Saint Lawrence River and is right in the Heart of Old Quebec City.  A major tourist attraction and where I spent most of my time.

A view from the upper wall to some of the residentail areas.

Some shops and resturaunts.

The view from the escalator.

There are four of my friends in this picture on our way to find a place for lunch.

If there is any interest in any of the pictures, I have actually taken about 175 picutes of the city, just PM me and we can talk.

Quote of the Day....
Albert Einstein (1879-1955) once said, "Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."

Interesting Facts....
Science of Brain Fitness
The human brain starts slowing down as early as age 25. Scientific research has started to show that we can stay mentally fit.
The brain has the ability to create new neural connections and pathways, at any age. This can be used as a sort of "brain savings account" that can be used later in life.

Look for the next Update in the next few days.  ;)

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.