• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mind Scape

Started by rooker1, February 27, 2007, 07:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob56

You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

jmdude1

im sure when i first glanced at that dancer she was going counter clockwise, but ever since shes been going clockwise. then i read the info about it after and it makes sense, i am a right brain kinda person. very interesting little tidbits you post here, i like them.  also, i like the pics of the bridge. i watched a program on discovery about the building of this bridge, its pretty amazing. AND....youre starting a new map! does this mean that youve stopped mindscape or youre just putting it on hold? or working on both? id like to see what you can do with those fingers of land you zoomed in on, some nice residential waterfront lots there im sure!

bat

Nice map there and looking forward to the development of that map from Blade2k5... ;)

thundercrack83

You are off to the races here, Robin!

First the Millau update, and now the information on Corpus Christi--and that map! I can't way to see how you develop it, my friend!

I'm so happy that November's here!

Dustin

Pat

Robin you are off to a rockin start here with the Corpus Christie map and I cant wait to see how you devolp it!!! Also when I first looked at the girl she was spinnning counter then she went clock then up and down I thought at first I was lossing it lol... then I read the chart then I realized I fit the chart pretty good...  ;)  See you tomorrow!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Jmouse

Now this is going to be an exciting development to watch. I'm from Houston and had relatives in Corpus Christi, so this is my old stompin' ground. We used to spend as much time in Galveston, Freeport and Texas City as possible, so I'm really interested in seeing how you deal with this Gulf Coast map.

Later...
Joan

DFire870

Robin, this is my first time here, but I'm glad I stopped in now because I used to live in Corpus Christi for about 5 years before moving north to Central Texas, so I can't wait to see how you recreate the area. Although it might be hard to do that considering most of the city is oriented diagonally.

And the Port of Corpus Christi is located in the northwest of the map, where that canal runs west off the map, but since the map is cut off you wouldn't be able to develop most of the port anyhow.

On another note, kinda strange that I just happened to stop in here when you posted this latest update... It's like something was calling me to your MD. :D

-- John
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

dedgren

QuoteAll we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

Two days of OSITM, two incredible Mind Scape updates.

I think you've made your decision clear, Robin.  But we knew that all along, didn't we?

This MD is pure gold, start to current date.  Thanks for sharing your vision with us, regardless of which side of the brain it comes from.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

JBSimio

I've stared at that dancer since yesterday (I can't help it... she's kinda cute) and I've only seen her go clockwise.  Not really surprising, I guess... I've known for a while that I am one of the "truest" left handed/right brained people I know.   :D

The map looks like it should make for some interesting development.  I'll be looking forward to what you do with it.

That bridge is just incredible!  Like Paul, I'm very partial to the one with the piers rising up through the clouds.  There's something very surreal and majestic about that one.

This is shaping up to be a VERY good month, Robin!   &apls

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

paroch

Nice update there Robin.

I was going to ask where Corpus Christi was, but looking at the other responses, I'm assuming it's in Texas.  Those little inlets look interesting - I assume they've been man made (to a degree) to allow as many homes as possible to have that all expensive water frontage.

The layout of the land is so different to anything I can picture in England - the way that there is a small narrow strip of land between the mainland and the sea.  Will be interesting to see how that gets developed.

And as for the spinning dancer - first time I looked she was going anti-clockwise, and then next time going clockwise.  Not sure what that says about me!!

All the best,

Paul

DFire870

Quote from: paroch on November 03, 2008, 09:07:27 AM
Nice update there Robin.

I was going to ask where Corpus Christi was, but looking at the other responses, I'm assuming it's in Texas.  Those little inlets look interesting - I assume they've been man made (to a degree) to allow as many homes as possible to have that all expensive water frontage.

The layout of the land is so different to anything I can picture in England - the way that there is a small narrow strip of land between the mainland and the sea.  Will be interesting to see how that gets developed.

And as for the spinning dancer - first time I looked she was going anti-clockwise, and then next time going clockwise.  Not sure what that says about me!!

All the best,

Paul

Paul, yes, the inlets were man-made so that every house in the area would have access to the water. This way the people who live there can drive their boats right up to the house. It's an interesting sight to drive by these houses and have all the boats parked next to them like cars. :P

And that narrow strip of land is actually part of the JFK Causeway which connects Padre Island to the mainland. There is a small gap in the causeway with a tall bridge over it so ships can go from that inner area to Corpus Christi Bay and the Gulf of Mexico (it's part of the Intracoastal Waterway).

-- John
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

rooker1

Hello Everyone,

Things are getting a little more fancy as everdy passes.  ;)  I have the new Main Banner from Dustin, and what a piece of art that is and I have started some work on other banners.  Tell me what you think.

bob56, nice to see a new face, I hope you stop by more often and continue to enjoy my MD.
jmdude1, I love those type of test.  A friend of mine and I pass emails back and forth with this type of stuff and I'm glad to share it with the people of SC4D.  As for MindScape, it's not on hold, this is it my friend.  I like to jump all over the place.  I get bored very quickly and never really finish a map before moving on to another, although I think I will do my best to stay on this one a little longer than usual.
bat,Thanks for stopping by, it's always nice to see you here my friend.
Dustin,Yes I am off to the races and you had better not miss an update cause they will coming out of here fast and furious.  :D
Pat,Ahhh, a rockin race, yah that's it.  The girl, what girl, you're going crazy my friend, hehe.  Yah, I had some strange moments while looking at her too.
Joan,Well now I have a lot to live up to.  I will have to try extra hard to impress you.  I don't think I will be doing the entire shore residential though, so I think you'll be in for a big surprise.
John, (DFire870) if you don't mind....No worries about this being your first time, what's important is that you are here now.  ;)  It looks like I'll have two people to really impress. (read above, Joan's reply)  As fro my MD calling you, yah it has that effect on some people, after all it is called MindScape.  ::)
David, It's really nice to see you stop in and you are right I think I have decided waht to do with my time, I just hope everyone else enjoys how I spent it.  ;)
John, The dancer thing had me going for a while too.  I was able to make her spin both ways and that compares well with my personality too.
Paul, Thanks for stopin by.  Don't worry I had to look up Corpus Chritie to learn about it as well.  The google earth images are awesome, you should check out th earea when you have some time.
Dave again, yup, you're right, most of them are man made.

I know that I said I wasn't going to do any terraforming, but surprise, I did.  I tried to lay down some roads here and there but it wasn't working for me.  So here is some progress of what I have done from the original map.  What do you think?

Try to say this five times fast. ::)

Something in a thirty-acre thermal thicket of thorns and thistles thumped and thundered threatening the three-D thoughts of Matthew the thug - although, theatrically, it was only the thirteen-thousand thistles and thorns through the underneath of his thigh that the thirty year old thug thought of that morning.

by Meaghan Desbiens

As for the banners in this post, well they are a work in progress and I think I need a little more practise.  ;)

Seeya tomorrow,
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Pat

Robin that was a lot of T's to get threw lol... anywho I think your banners are very good, maybe a small border around them would spruce them up a bit? Other then that I cant wait till tomorrow's update!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Sheep49

Wow, you have a big project going on there! It's going to be a seaport, right? If so, I think you might have a hard time developing that area. But I'm sure you can do that. ;) Also, the new banner made by Dustin looks gorgeus! Great work both of you :thumbsup:

'Something for you mind...' part is fun too! Unfortunately, I can tell it only two times :D

Keep up the great work! :thumbsup:
Piotr
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

art128

You have done an excellent work my friend  :thumbsup: really great work !
I see you have change the water texture , It's excellent  &apls
looking forward to the development Robin  :thumbsup:
Arthur
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

bat

This area and your pictures of it are looking fantastic! Beautiful work...

Looking forward to the development...... ;)

Badsim

Hello Robin-the-bridges-addicted ..... $%Grinno$%

Millau is on my way to go at my father's home so I take it regurlarly ( which means twice a year .... )

As everything as been made to do not distract drivers , you've to go under it to be the most impressed .

Congratulations for this third & well deserved month in OSITM .  :thumbsup: &apls &apls

The map looks truly splendid , very detailled and fine . And it seems you've got a lot of terraforming to correct the seaport .... can't wait to see what you'll do with all these piers .  ;)

Cheers .

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

rooker1

Hello Everyone,

Today is the day!
Two years ago today was the official opening day of SC4D, thanks to jeronij and a few others. 
I would like to take a moment and thank everyone involved in making this site such a success and heres to many more to come.
Happy 2nd Anniversary SC4Devotion.  Happy 2nd Anniversary SC4Devotion.  Happy 2nd Anniversary SC4Devotion.Here's the cake.

Here's the balloons.

Cheers to everyone.

It's time for my........."Guess that Picture Competition".

&apls &apls &apls  audience clapping.  :D

Rules
"There will be three rounds with ten pictures in each round.

All you have to do is name the Author, where the picture came from and be the first person with all ten answers correct.
I will pop in every once in a while to say whether or not someone's list is correct.
I will donate the 12 Euros for the one year subscription to the winner of each round."

(If you already have a subscription you can donate it to someone else)

&apls &apls &apls  audience claps again.

I would encourage everyone to be a Subscriber.  I think it's affordable and goes to a really good cause, keeping the site running as well as it does.  ;) Just go to your "Profile" and than look under "Modifly Profile" and there should be a link to "SC4D Subscriptions".  ;)
For the rest of the month, I would like to see all new subscribers post here in this thread.  If I can get 30 subscribers, I will run a special contest at the end of the month and donate another subscription to one lucky person.

oooohhhhhh and aaahhhhhhs come from the audience.

"Good luck to everyone and I look forward to who will take part".  ;)

Round One

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Pic 5

Pic 6

Pic 7

Pic 8

Pic 9

Pic 10

Well that's it for the pictures....let the first round begin.
Good luck to everyone and I look forward to who takes part.
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Sheep49

Oh gosh, I forgot it's the 2nd anniversary today!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SC4D! :party: &dance

Good update, Robin! I really like the pics ;)

And now the competition:
Pic 1: Maarten (Imaginia MD)
Pic 2: Don't have an idea :/
Pic 3: Art128 (Maroanestra MD)
Pic 4: Simpson (Kaikoura MD)
Pic 5: dsrwhat[some-random-number-I-forgot] (The Source MD)
Pic 6: Again, I don't know.
Pic 7: squidi (Orlach MD)
Pic 8: I've seen this before, but I don't know where :D
Pic 9: Can't figure out the source of that picture
Pic 10: Looks like the work by ManuelR, but I'm not 100% sure ;)

See you later! ;)
Piotr
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

art128

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SC4D!  &hlp

and now :
1) ---
2) ---
3) praiodan  -  Lars's MD
4) David (Simpson)  -  kaikoura
5) Dan (dsrwhat)  -  the Source
6) Squidi  -  Orlach
7) Squidi  -  Orlach
8 ) ---
9) Badsim  -  Antigone
10) shadow assassin  -  Ensenada, Whitefall, Iridar
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog