• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mind Scape

Started by rooker1, February 27, 2007, 07:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metarvo

Hi, Robin.  I'm popping out of lurk mode to try my hand at this.

1.  Yes.  They do have a 4th of July in England.  They just don't celebrate U.S. Independence Day on the 4th of July in England.

2.  1.  The average man celebrates his birthday on one day per year.

3.  1.  February is the only month with 28 days (unless it's a leap year; then the answer is 0).

4.  3.  An inning never ends unless there are 3 outs (unless it's the bottom of an extra inning and the batting team scores, leaving the other team with no way of winning).

5.  No.  Just a wild guess.

6.  70.  [30/(1/2)] + 10 = [30*2] + 10 = 60 + 10 = 70.

7.  1.  3 apples - 2 apples = 1 apple.

8.  90.  3 pills every half hour = 3 pills every 30 minutes.  3 * 30 = 90.  Unless the doctor tells you to take one immediately, then the answer is 60.

9.  9.  If all but 9 die, only those 9 are left.

10.  1.  I'm going with 1.  You did ask how many of each, didn't you?

11.  12.  If there are a dozen two-cent stamps, there must be twelve of them.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

rooker1

Great answers so far.

squidi, what happened to your post?

Robin  :)
Call me Robin, please.

art128

these new pictures look good my friend, excellent photoshopping Robin  :thumbsup:

1 - Yes

2 - 1

3 - 1 month, February 

4 - 3

5 - No

6 - 25

7 - 1 apple

8 - 90 minutes 30x3=90

9 - 9 too !

10 - I don't understand the question.....

11 - 6

that's all  :thumbsup:
looking forward to the next update  ;)
Arthur

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

rooker1

Just going to bring these questions over as it looks like some people are having fun with this one.  ;)

Something for your Mind...

How smart are you? 
Try this and let's see how well you do.

1.Do they have a 4th of July in England?
Yes
No

2.How many birthdays does the average man have?
3++
5++
10+++

3.Some months have 31 days; how many have 28?

4.How many outs are there in an inning?

5.Is it legal for a man in California to marry his widow's sister?
Yes
No

6.Divide 30 by 1/2 and add 10. What is the answer?

7.If there are 3 apples and you take away 2, how many do you have?

8.A doctor gives you three pills telling you to take one every half hour.
      How many minutes would the pills last?

9.A farmer has 17 sheep, and all but 9 die. How many are left?

10.How many animals of each sex did Moses take on the ark?

11.How many two cent stamps are there in a dozen?

I'll be back with the answers to these in a few days.
I would be interested in seeing some of your answers and seeing how well you all do. 
Just for the record, I got 9 out of 11!

Have a great day and I'll see you all around,
Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Pat

Hey Robin your new skills are good there for sure!!! I do like the one in 59.1, I think it gives the picture a damaged look almost.... Now this round of Q/A's I am going to have to sit out lol..... Anywho also the awards are awesome and thank you sooo much to Arthur, Jon and Bernard!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Masochist

1. Of course...every place in the world that uses the Gregorian Calendar has a fourth of July.
2. I'm going to say that there's only one day in a person's lifetime that they're born on
3. All 12 of them have at least 28 days ;)
4. Six, right?  Three for each team?
5. I'm sure it's illegal, seeing as how it's his former wife who is the widow; he might have a hard time trying to convince the priest (or his sister-in-law, for that matter) to marry a dead man!
6. 70.  30/.5 is 60, add 10 and you get 70.
7. You have two apples, ya stingy glutton! ;)
8. If you took one immediately (and I don't see why you wouldn't) and then took the rest on time, the last pill would be gone in 60 minutes.
9. 9.
10. A strangely-worded question.  If it's how I think it is, then you have to add each sex together for every animal, and then the answer's two.  I don't think he took any animals of only one sex ;).
11. Two-cent stamps?  Well...there's a dozen, so I'd have to say twelve.  Though...if you can find two-cent stamps anywhere, let me know a.s.a.p.!
(Under Construction)

JBSimio

I always enjoy these... here's mine:

1.  Yes - July 4th happens everywhere, just like July 3rd would ;)

2.  1 - and it's probably on the same day each year

3.  12 - every month has at least 28 days in it

4.  6 - 3 outs for each team

5.  Not possible - the man in question would be dead

6.  70

7.  2 - I took them so that's what I have

8.  60 - take #1, wait 30 minutes, take #2, wait an additional 30 minutes, take #3 and they're gone

9.  9 - if all but nine died, then nine are still alive

10.  0 - Noah took animals on the ark, Moses took Israelites out of Egypt

11.  12 - a dozen of anything is still 12

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

TheTeaCat

Fab update Robin

That's some nice fooling around with PS &apls

As for your quiz
1. Yes of course
2. One
3. 12
4. 6 (As you can bowl 6 team members out in one over. (An over is six balls) )
5. Yes (Only in the states though ::)   :D  :D)
6. 70
7. 2 (the two you took)
8. 60 mins
9. 9 (the live ones left)
10. zero
11. 12

Very clever quiz - well done

regards
Derry
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

squidi

Quote from: rooker1 on November 18, 2008, 07:24:25 AM
Great answers so far.

squidi, what happened to your post?

Robin  :)

i have white letters to not blame me  :D

edit: with awnsers as no. 5

they neeed just to be selected

and i think it was a post by you what brought me to this idea

rooker1

Jon, you are the first one to get everyone of them right, congratulations.  &apls
And TTC you are the second. :thumbsup: I'm going to guess that answer 5, you are being sarcastic.  ::)

It's kind of funny how people can be lead on by asking tricky questions.
Number ten is a perfect example.  ::)
I do wonder though how much time you took on answering?  If you were to answer these very quickly not knowing this was a test, than I beleive more answers would be wrong by most people.  But if you really took your time and paid attention to the words, knowing this was a test and that the obvious answers are not always the right ones, than more people would do better.

Just my thought on the whole thing.

And here are the answers by me....

1.Is there a Fourth of July in England?
Yes, it comes after the third of July!

2.How many birthdays does the average man have?
1, Just one!

3.Some months have 31 days; how many have 28?
12, all of them!

4.How many outs are there in an inning?
6, three per side!

5.Is it legal for a man in California to marry his widow's sister?
No, Because he is dead!

6.Divide 30 by 1/2 and add 10. What is the answer?
70, (30  divided by 1/2 equals 60! Takes some thinking.....

7.If there are 3 apples and you take away 2, how many do you have?
2, you took them, remember?

8.A doctor gives you three pills telling you to take one every half hour.
How many minutes would the pills last?
60 minutes, Start with the 1st pill, 30 minutes later take the 2nd pill, then 30 minutes later take the 3rd pill.

9.A farmer has 17 sheep, and all but 9 die. How many are left?

10.How many animals of each sex did Moses take on the ark?
0, Moses didn't have an ark, Noah did!

11.How many two cent stamps are there in a dozen?
12, There are 12 2 cent stamps in a dozen!

Robin  ()stsfd()

P.S.  TTC, I choose to use the word "fouling" because I believe that my PS skills are not that great.   A play on words.... ::)  Good to see that someone caught it.
;)
Call me Robin, please.

thundercrack83

Looks like I missed another contest here, Robin! It was a good one, too. Confounded!

And your work with Photoshop looks great, too, my friend! I can't wait to see what else you do with it!

Take care!

Dustin

paroch

Hey Robin,

Nice quiz there - trust me to miss it. 

As for Question 4: How many outs in an inning......
Well us Brits would have assumed you were talking about cricket not baseball, in which case the answer is "up to ten", because it depends on the format, i.e. one-day match, limited overs or a full test match.  If you got everyone out then it would be ten, but if you got no-one out and they declared, or you ran out of overs then it could, in theory be zero.
Hope that makes sense  ;) :D

JBSimio

Quote from: paroch on November 18, 2008, 11:22:16 AM
Hope that makes sense  ;) :D

Not even a little bit...   $%Grinno$%  Then again, it's cricket... I was under the impression that the entire game exists only to confuse the rest of the world.  ;)

And woohoo for me being smart today!  I guess that means I'm done for another couple months...  :D

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

Pat

LoL Robin that quiz was sure fun to watch people answer away at!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

metarvo

That was cruel and unusual, Robin. $%Grinno$%  I'm kidding.  It was fun! :)  I'll have to catch up on this MD sometime, just to see what else has happened.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

rooker1

Hello,

I have been practising with photoshoping and here are some of the results.
These are the pictures by me that have made it into the SC4 Picture Contest HoF. 
If you have never seen this collection of incredible pictures, I suggest you get out of here and go directly there!  ;)

I'm now having so much fun doing this photoshopping that I have made a whole bunch of these type of banners.  ::) 
Tell me what you think of them.

I won't actually reply to each and everyone of you at this moment, but I can tell you that I really, really appreciate each and everyone of them.
I also am glad to see that you all are enjoying my MD and the extra little things I do.  ()stsfd()

Jumbled Words and Language Recognition Theory,

Arinocdcg to rencet rseaerch, the hmuan brian is plrectfey albe to raed colmpex pasasges of txet caiinontng wdors in whcih the lrettes hvae been jmblued, pvioedrd the frsit and lsat leetrts rmeian in teihr crcerot piiotsons.
The fcat taht you are ridenag tihs now wtih reaitvle esae is poorf of the thoery.
Wehre did all of tihs strat?
It smees taht the trehoy orgteiinad form a 1976 ppaer at the Uvnitsriey of Nigaonthtm wtiertn by Graahm Rwsnailon of Asrhodelt, wichh gvae rsie to an acirlte wihch aaeprrped in the 'Narute' pbuolitaicn in 1999.
A fhrtuer alircte in the Tiems neppeawsr in Speemebtr 2003 pivroedd mroe eanxopiatln auobt the peohoemnnn.
In the Tmeis aitlcre, Dr Reoaesln MhActcry, a neruo-phylcoogsy lruecter form Knig's Ceglloe, Cgmdbriae, ssegegtud taht hmuan bnegis are albe to usnatdnerd jeublmd up wdors buaecse the hmaun bairn parimliry raeds the mannieg rehatr tahn the piothenc cnontet of wdors (the sdnuos of the wrdos and leertts).
Dr McRtcahy was qoteud as saiyng, taht "...if you can acaitinpte waht the nxet wrod in a snnetece cloud be, you wlil not nslsciareey ntcoie if smoe of the leettrs in taht wrod are out of pclae...", and she aslo taht she was sepsrruid at jsut how rosubt the barin's rgceotnioin aeiibtils had been pverod to be. "The hamun biarn is a lot mroe toanelrt tahn we had pahrpes risaeled, and it has to cpoe wtih diisputrng in eevydray lfie."
The torehy pdeoivrs a fiatsincang pprciesetve on mderon cutonacniimmos and the dmveelnoept of laguange.
The terohy aslo hples to eaipxln the doepmevnlet of merodn txet mseniagsg lagunage, and how the hamun biran so rlaidey utendrnsdas atboivbinears and cimtonobnais of lrettes and nbrmeus mainkg new 'wdros' whcih we've nveer seen beofre and yet stlil are albe to usterdannd alsomt iammeiltdey. For emxpale: 'c u lte8r', wihch you'll nitcoe you can utransnded eevn thgouh it's jmulebd.
One of the gerat lsneoss form tihs troehy dmsttnareoes the rmaaebrlke pweor of the huamn biarn.
Wehn we are yonug we not olny lraen how to raed, but aslo ibcerndily and uninaenionltlty lraen how to raed waht wuold by nmoral cooevntnin be decerbisd as uettr nnsosnee.
Tihs bges qtuseonis abuot the dicrieotn of laagngue eolotuvin.
Waht wlil lgganaue look lkie in geotrnaiens to cmoe?
Whtuoit dobut hmuan binegs are albe to asobrb pvrseiogerlsy mroe maening form pvolesesrrigy rucdnieg anotmus of wrdos and lrttees.
We now raed in shohtnrad - and iamegs - and sfcginltianiy we are beord by aiytnhng taht is too lhtngey.
Posorneiafl witerrs need to get tehir pniot asorcs in jsut a few seodcns, or the raeedr's anitttoen is lsot.
The jmbleud wdros torhey datrmneeosts jsut how caalbpe the biarn is at arnboibsg mneaing far mroe qilcuky tahn msot wrietrs wuold eevr iaimnge.
And a fnail daioertomstnn of how celver yuor barin is - can you raed tihs?...

Now that was a very interesting article.
I was able to read this with ease, almost as if it was written properly.
I wnoedr how mnay of you are albe to rade it as wlel.
Aynnoe of you taht has takled wtih me on MSN konws aleadry taht I relugarly tpye lkie taht.
$%Grinno$% ::) $%Grinno$%

Well that's it for now.
See you all later,
Robin  :thumbsup:

Call me Robin, please.

TheTeaCat

Fnuny taht I had no pbroelm raideng it  $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$%

Wkeikd jkoe too  :D :D :D

:satisfied:
TCT

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Pat

QuoteNow that was a very interesting article.
I was able to read this with ease, almost as if it was written properly.
I wnoedr how mnay of you are albe to rade it as wlel.
Aynnoe of you taht has takled wtih me on MSN konws aleadry taht I relugarly tpye lkie taht.

Nwo anit taht het rtuht lol... And always followed by * Now aint that the truth *  lol and then  a response from em normally is "dont worry I knew it" heheehe.... Robin I enjoyed seeing those classic pics of yours that had maded it into the HOF!!!! I feel soo sorry for that Boy,  :D :D again aint that thruth I dont wanna know... I love the script on the Replies banner and also something for your mind banner is fantastic!!!

Sheep49

QuoteAynnoe of you taht has takled wtih me on MSN konws aleadry taht I relugarly tpye lkie taht.
If so, hwo coems taht I haevn't ntocied it yte? ;)

Now back to the subject... The subject of our lesson today, kids, is how to make the picture that will get to the HOF... You have any ideas?
- We can make a shot in Lot Editor, which will depict some ordinary block of flats parking, and then add some enigmatic props and name to it.
- Very good answer, Robin. Now, let's see...
- We can also take a picture that depicts seaport and the landfill, and add some phylosophical description to it.
- Yes, Robin. Now, let's move on to...
- Of course, we can also make shots that depict the brilliant lots in seaport...
- Enough Robin! We have to go on...
- And the cathedral with a nice photoshop effect is great al...
- STOP Robin! No more! We're moving on!

BTW, the something for your mind part is great! I didn't have any problems with reading that either ;)

See you later ;)
Piotr
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

threestooges

Nice work with the pics Robin. Yuor ailbity to ceatre wroks of art is awlyas imeprssvie, but eevn byoned taht, you aalwys cmoe up wtih the msot inersteitng tinhgs such as the Theory article and the trivia competition (sorry I missed that one). As any rate, always good to see what you come up with, and feel free to look me up on MSN next time you're on.
-Matt