• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mind Scape

Started by rooker1, February 27, 2007, 07:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooker1

I'm back for a double shot.
Sorry Pat, but you don't have the idea patent....do you?

Some more of my pics from the HoF PS'd.

Please leaves your comments if you have any ideas on what else I could be trying.  ::)

See you all tomorrow,
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

thundercrack83

This is a such a wonderful idea, Robin! It must be nice to have all those Hall of Fame pictures to play with!

I forgot about that final picture with the stadium--I always loved that picture.

Great work here, my friend!

Dustin

Pat

LoL as long as you dont do that on Thursdays it's all good!!! hehehe naw I dont mind at all and I am glad I could give an idea out there, which in turn I do like what you are doing to your HOFfer's pictures!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

Great work on the PS-effects of the HoF-pictures!!
Looking forward to more, Robin! ;)

rooker1

Hello All,

There are always so many things in my Mind when it comes to making cities in SC4.  And today I think we'll look at all types of subway lines, especially those in Chicago as I recently visited there in the early part of this summer.

Subway may refer to:
Subway, an underground rapid transit system also known as a metro, underground, MRT or U-Bahn.
For a list of individual subway systems, see the list of rapid transit systems.*

Here are some pictures from the Toronto Subway lines.  Our subways not only travel underground but in certain places come above ground.

Rapid Transit Systems may refer to:
This is a list of rapid transit systems around the world. Such systems are commonly called metros, subways, elevated railways, rapid rail, or underground railways. The list is ordered by continent, country and city, and the systems are listed along with their opening year, system length and number of stations.*

Here is a picture of the Toronto Street Cars.

Raised/Elevated Highway may refer to:
A highway is a main road intended for travel by the public between important destinations, such as cities and towns. Highway designs vary widely and can range from a two-lane road without margins to a multi-lane, grade separated freeway. In law the word highway is often used as a legal term to denote any public road, ranging from freeways to dirt tracks.  An interconnected set of highways can be variously referred to as a "highway system", a "highway network" or a "highway transportation system".*

This is the Toronto Gardiner, our raised highway that goes through the Toronto Down town core.

I will be concentrating mostly on thee above three types of transportation, as well as some minor ferry sevices in this region, (unnamed at the moment).
My idea right now is that the Falsasesperanzas Island meaning the Island of False Hope, the Mayor's inside joke at the lower wealths becasue they were very uneducated, will be very congested, traffic wise and very crowded with NYC Project type housing and dirty industry.  The CO and CS buildings will be sporatic and very dense in certain areas with highway and subway access.  It is the mayor, Robin's goal to use every square foot to make as much money as possible to further beautify Belleza City on the main land.

Falsasesperanzas Island itself is man made in the very shallow waters off the main coast. 
It all started like this,
More than thirty three years ago the very young Mayor Robin decided that he was not happy with his city and decided to make an island off the coast where he could establish all the dirty industrial and hopefully entice all the low income families to move by filling their heads with ideas of grandeur.  But the mayor knew exactly what he was doing.  He would make the trip cost so much and the housing so affordable that all low income residents would leave and not be able to come back to the main land.  Falsasesperanzas Island was very beautiful when everyone first arrived but as the years went by the dirty industry grew at unheard of leaps and bounds.  The seaports grew larger and larger by day it seemed.  Mayor Robin was very proud of himself, as the Falsasesperanzas Island was turning out exactly as planned and the main land was under going it's changes as well.  New parks were being built and new state of the art skyscrapers were newly scraping the skies everyday.  Spare new expense was his new moto.  He wanted to have the most beautiful city in the world.
The story shall continue......
  (depending on how well you all like it so far. ??? )

How Smart are you?  Test Two.
Answer these questions and le'ts see how well you do.
Again for the record I got 6 out of 9 on this one.  ()stsfd()

1. How far can a dog run into the woods?
All the way
Half way forever

2. What is the minimum number of active baseball players on the field during any part of an inning?

3. Take 1000. Add 40. Add another 1000. Add 30. Add another 1000. Plus 20. Plus 1000. plus 10. What is the Total?
None of These

4. A man builds a house with 4 sides to it and it is rectangular in shape.
Each side has a southern exposure. A bear comes wandering by. What color is the bear?
None of these
black
brown
yellow
white
orange

5. If you overtake the last runner in a race, you are in second to last place.
True
False

6. A man rode into town on Friday, stayed for 3 days, and left on Friday. Is this possible?
Yes
No

7. If it takes two men 16 hours to dig a hole, how many hours does it take one man to dig half a hole?
12 Hours
24 Hours
6 Hours

8. How many binary numbers make a dozen?
None

I wonder who will get all the answers right first.

See you all around,
Call me Robin, please.

TheTeaCat

Hi Robin
Good quiz :thumbsup:

In 1 minute I got

1. halfway (edited this answer)
2. Dunno - haven't a clue about baseball  9 maybe?
3. 5000
4. none of these
5. true
6.Yes  His horse is called friday
7. How can you dig half a hole?
8. a guess?  1100

Liked the background info on the transit system.
As for your storyline - I like it. I would really like to see how you accomplish this.

Way back on page 45 you called for new subscribers to come forth.
Well I posted back then I had taken one out but no one seemed to notice &mmm
So I'll say it again

I am now the proud owner of a SC4D Subscription.

Now all you need is another 14 to reach your total.

Come on Folks  Have you got yours?

Help the site - You know you wanna do it

:satisfied:
TTC

edit: how many did I get wrong then? ::)
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

rooker1

Sorry Derry but something is wrong in your answers.  ::)

Robin  ;)
Call me Robin, please.

Toichus Maximus

all the way
none (also, how do you build a rectangle with all sides facing south? Is he operating in the 5th dimension?)
false
yes, his horse... that's an old one

thundercrack83

1. Half-way.
2. There's a minimum of 10 players on a baseball field during an inning--9 fielders plus the batter.
3. 4100.
4. White (he's at the North Pole).
5. False
6. Yes. (Thanks, Derry!)
7. You can't dig half of a hole, everything's a hole, once you start digging!
8. 1011.

rooker1

Sorry Toichus Maximus you also have an error in your answers.

And TTC that is awesome news about your Subscription.  
Have you figured out all the new toys you have access to?  ::)

Ahhhh, Dustin you have one wrong.  ::)

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

TheTeaCat

Quote from: rooker1 on November 20, 2008, 11:21:27 AM

Have you figured out all the new toys you have access to?  ::)

Robin  :thumbsup:

New toys ()what() ()what()
where, what - have I been asleep?

I still see all the ads &mmm

TTC
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"

thundercrack83

It was the last one, I'd gather--that was a guess...And here's another...

8. 1100?

Sheep49

Well, I think I'll give it a try...

1. half way (I think so at least ::))
2. 10 (From what I remember from baseball games I've seen)
3. 4100 (Easy maths)
4. white (north pole->polar bear)
5. false
6. Yes (I've heard it somewhere... good question still! :thumbsup:)
7. I'm afraid it's not possible to dig a half of hole $%Grinno$%
8. 1100 (8+4+0+0)

See you later ;)
Piotr
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

rooker1

Okay, everyone. 
We now have all the right answers, well kind of. 
Some of you have the right answer for the wrong reason.  ::) $%Grinno$%

The Answers....

1. How far can a dog run into the woods?
Half way, then technically he is running out!

2. What is the minimum number of active baseball players on the field during any part of an inning?
10 (9 fielders plus one batter)!

3. Take 1000. Add 40. Add another 1000. Add 30. Add another 1000. Plus 20. Plus 1000. plus 10. What is the Total?
4100, get out the calculator.

4. A man builds a house with 4 sides to it and it is rectangular in shape. Each side has a southern exposure.
A bear comes wandering by. What color is the bear?
White, You must be at the North Pole to see South in all four directions and there are only white polar bears there!

5. If you overtake the last runner in a race, you are in second to last place.
False, Think about it, you are the first place runner.

6. A man rode into town on Friday, stayed for 3 days, and left on Friday. Is this possible?
Yes, His horse was named Friday

7.If it takes two men 16 hours to dig a hole, how many hours does it take one man to dig half a hole?
None, You can't dig half a hole.

8. How many binary numbers make a dozen?
1100, 12=0b1100

That was alot of fun.

Derry, (TTC), My favourite feature is the "Save Draft" button.  I think I have used it every day since I got it.  ;)
If you start a post and than preview it, this feature will become availiable beside the "Post", "Preview" and "Spell Check" buttons.  ;)
As a matter of fact that is how this post came about.  I made the answer section this morning and now I'm adding to that save post.  ;)
As for anything else, I'm going to let you figure them out.  ()stsfd()
That was alot of winking, sorry Derry.  ::)

I would encourage everyone to be a Subscriber.  I think it's affordable and goes to a really good cause, keeping the site running as well as it does.   Just go to your "Profile" and than look under "Modifly Profile" and there should be a link to "SC4D Subscriptions". 
For the rest of the month, I would like to see all new subscribers post here in this thread.  If I can get just 15 14 subscribers, I will run a special contest at the end of the month and donate another subscription to one lucky person.

Call me Robin, please.

TheTeaCat

All my features must not be activated yet
as I don't get that button when I make a post  &mmm

Not to worry I'm sure its just a matter of time.
The staff must be busy and as I've done without for so long another little while won't matter $%Grinno$%
If not a polite request will do the trick I'm sure.

Is that the kettle boiling? Yes indeed it is  ;D
Fancy a brew?

TTC

threestooges

Rats, missed another one, but still did pretty well after checking the answers. Only missed the addition one (40+30+20+10 does not equal 1000), and the Friday one... didn't think to name the horse, though I thought it depended on how long the ride in was. Nice little update Robin, the discussion of metro systems and their terminology was interesting, and it'll be good to see what you come up with for the island. I'm a bit short on money right now for a subscription, but if it comes down to the end of the month and you're close, let me know and I'll see if I can get one in there.
-Matt

Pat

See what happens and this round I might have played in siiiiiiiigh, dang work today.... Hey Derry congrats on going subscriptor!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

thundercrack83

Robin, my friend,

You should be commended for all the great things you do here at SC4D, not just in Mind Scape, but throughout the entire site!

You're doing an incredible job!

Dustin

Lilojame

Aww... I missed the quiz...  ()sad() But regardles, it was a nice "use your logic" one. :thumbsup: Love how your background information about the new region also, it made me smile.  :)
Looking foward to see more!

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

Jmouse

Interesting background info on the various transport systems, Robin. I think I rode on some sort of elevated railway at the Dallas airport a couple of years ago, but that just about sums up my train-travel experience! Looking forward to seeing how the region plays out - those are some pretty big plans you have along with a great story line.

Later...
Joan