• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mind Scape

Started by rooker1, February 27, 2007, 07:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooker1

Teaser....

Just wait til I show the rest of the El line.  I have it running at most stations at 75%.  ()stsfd()

Thanks to Derry (TheTeaCat), Toichus Maximus, Dustin (thundercrack83) and Piotr (Sheep49) for taking part in the "Something for your Mind Test".  I hope you enjoyed it and I will try my best to put together a few more of those in the future.

A special thanks to Derry (TTC) for being my first new Subscriber to post in my MD.  I now only need 14 more members to Subsribe and I will host a special contest at the end of the month.

Sorry Matt (threestooges) and Pat that you didn't make it for the test.  But don't worry the next one I host will be much later in the day so a different crowd of people can participate.  ;)

Dustin (thundercrack83),....thank you very much for the nice praise.  I do it because I enjoy it and believe in this site and it's members very much.  ()stsfd()

Lilojame, it looks like you are my newest regular, sorry I haven't had the cahnce to welcome you.  It's always nice to see new faces and the lurkers come out.  ::)

Last but definately not the least....Joan (Jmouse).  Nice to see you stopping more often and I'm glad yo like how everything is going so far.  Every time I see you in here I get worried that I'm not going to live up to your expectations of what you remember this area in real life looked like.  ::) $%Grinno$%  But I'm doing whatever comes to Mind:D

Everyone enjoy your day and I'll see you all around,
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

art128

Welcome to Page 48  &hlp

splendid teaser Robin, you do an excellent work on these lots  &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

metarvo

The teaser is great, Robin. :thumbsup:  It's the first time that I've really noticed the El-Rail over Road being used in an MD.  On the other hand, that joke is really messed up. $%Grinno$%  JK.  It is funny in a twisted sort of way.  Anyway, keep bringing us the laughs and the great pics.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

TheTeaCat

great TEAser pic  &apls

I must admit its not often we see the elevated rail used (especially the over road version ;) ) so I look forward to what you have in store  :thumbsup:

Oh man that Joke   $%Grinno$% :D :D

:satisfied:
TTC

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Pat

Robin I love that teaser there and that Joke all I got to say is uuuuugh lol but its a good laugh none the less lol.... anyways I noticed today when I logged on is my new subscripter logo!! Thank you!!!!! I love that Save as Draft its handy so far!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

papab2000

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Visit my mapping thread: linkie
Post pic's of your NHP Mapped Regions linkie

Jmouse

Quote from: rooker1 on November 21, 2008, 05:46:53 AM
Joan (Jmouse).  Nice to see you stopping more often and I'm glad yo like how everything is going so far.  Every time I see you in here I get worried that I'm not going to live up to your expectations of what you remember this area in real life looked like.  ::) $%Grinno$%  But I'm doing whatever comes to Mind:D

You've no need to worry, Robin! I'm a firmly-hooked fan of Mind Scape, and I've no doubt whatever you do will be equal to or greater than what you have done in the past. So go for it - I'm anxious to see more development!

Later...
Joan

thundercrack83

Wonderful teaser, Robin, my friend!

You've taken to Photoshop like a duck to water! I love your banners and your image editing, you're doing such a great job!

I can't wait to see what else you have in store!

Dustin

rooker1

Hello All,

Not sure if anyone can notice, but there is something super special in all of these pictures.  Who will be the first to guess what it is?

I will predict your number....everone of you!! 

Think of a number.
Add 7 to it.
Subtract 2.
Subtract your original number.
Multiply by 4.
Subtract 2.

Your number is 18!!

Look above here.  ::) for my answer.

That's it for tonight for brain hurts from guessing your number.
See you all around,
Call me Robin, please.

Pat

Hey Robin the one thing I can see going on here is the El-Rail Bridge in all the pics... BTW I like Drafts heheheeh I got my updates loaded till Tuesday hehehee, god I feel like such a cheater now....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Haljackey

That's it.  I've been a lurker here for too long.

Robin- wow.  Just wow.   Your playing styles and the way you mix trivia and whatnot into your MD is nothing short of amazing.  Your latest update is a classic example of this, and was a very enjoyable one to view.

I started to frequently view your MD when it reached OSITM earlier this month, and I was stunned at the unique way you post your updates.  I've also noticed that Mindscape had been nominated for "Best MD", and after being here, I can clearly see why. 

Making this comment is a little more difficult than I thought. :P  Anyways, I believe the answer to your question is 18.

All the best,
-Haljackey

sim-al2

Actually my answer was -285, so I must have done something wrong... ???

Okay, I tried again and I got 18! So I didn't get it wrong after all!
Hint: The number starts with a 6 and a 4! HA HA! I abuse white text!

P.S. Your MD is so awesome no word in the English language suffices! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

P.S.S. Still can't figure out what the special element in the pictures is... I can only guess it's something about the green building, even through I'm sure I've seen it on the LEX before... ???
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

art128

great  update Robin, I really like this industrial area  &apls you do an excellent work with the elevated rail stations  :thumbsup: there's just two thing, the elevated rail stop in the middle of the road in picture 1 , it's not very good to see. And why there's no seawalls ? I think with Jeronij's ones that look great  :thumbsup: And where that blue bridge come from ?
keep up this good work my friend
Arthur
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Simpson

Wow really excelent update here, you have done a really fantastic job in this industrial area
The elvated rail are looking superb and also so réalistic. Picture 64.2 is my preferate :)
I'm looking forward to the next update Robin ;)
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

TheTeaCat

Excellent Update Robin.

The only things I can see that are common to all the pics are the elevated rail bridge and the green building beside it.

(unless it's all the shadows point the same way  :D)

Nice numerical question too  :thumbsup:

Till the next time

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Jmouse

Really nice photos, Robin. I used to despise industrial growth, but the BATs available now and the clever ways they're used make it a rather attractive part of the city. I'm very interested in seeing how the El turns out - that's one of a very few elements I've never tried in all the years I've played SC4.

You're doing a fine job...
Joan

rooker1

Hello To All,

It looks like a few of you may have figured out what was so special in those pictures.  This game never seizes to amaze me.  More actually is that the players of this incredible game never sieze to amaze me.  David and all the work with his plopable stuff, Jeroni and his works, residential, canals and his great slope modd.  Marcszar and his incredible New York style works, he is one of my most favourite BATters.  I could go on and on with names that have changed the game and everyday there seems to be new people jumping in to a game that should already be far past it's shelf life.  But it's these players, along with the rest of us that keep this game alive and I'm sure it will last for years to come.  ;)
Anyways it is Choco that made the elevated rail bridge and after having some time to play with it, I can tell you it is pretty awesome.

Pat,  it's great to see that you have made good use of your new Subscription.
Haljackey, Great to see you stop in here and I'm glad you like my MD so much.  Now thta you are visiting and you took the time to make your first post I hope that I can persuade you somehow to continue.  ;)
sim-al2, hehe, yah your first answer was a little wrong.  If you can't think of any English compliments, I'll take them in any other language as well.  Just provide some kind of translation for the others.  ()stsfd()  ::) As for that awesome Blue bridge, you'll just have to wait.  ;)
Arthur (art128), As for the Elevated rail stop, I wanted it to look like a mess and for the record it's actually three stops plopped on top of each other.  I may deside to do something in LE in the future.  ;)  The Seawalls, well, I'm unsure what I am going to do there just yet.  Now that I have the cities demand up so high, I have no problem destroying entire blocks and having them grow back with in a few seconds some where else.  ::)
Simpson,I'm glad you like the Industrial sector as I would like to think that is my forte.  ::)
Derry (TheTeaCat), it's good to see you stopping in here on a regular basis now. I'll have alot of new Mind Scape Specials coming up, hope you'll be able to take part in some of them.
Joan (Jmouse), Sorry to hear that you use to despise industrial cities.  I like them much better than any other style because I find them more realistic than the people that try to build pretty cities.  If you ever notice a $$$ residential, you tell me so I can destroy it.  ::) :D Actually I may show everyone some stats of my city coming up and you may all be surprised at the lack of any $$$.

Chuck Palahnuik once said, "We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Well, that seems like enough for now.
See you around,
Call me Robin, please.

Pat

Robin a fantastic qoute there at the end and also great teaser pic it actually threw my eyes waccky lol... oooh yea the pic is also great too with the club globe next to the pig!!!! gotta love to go dance and the go shop for some grocery's hehehee....

ooh another thing I love is no more ADS!!!! AMEN!!!!!!!  :thumbsup: Thank you soooooo soooo sooo very much Robin for this award!!!!!!

EDIT: Robin I must add here to my reply a personal heart felt biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig hugh Congrats to you my friend for once you leave OSITM you will be going to your new permanment home in the MD Hall Of Fame!!!! WoW What a Honor man!!! congratulations again Robin!!!!!

bat

Great pictures there, Robin! And also the teaser is looking nice!

And thank you for the subscription - the draft-function is very useful...

kimcar

Great update Robin. Nice industrial zone and i like the use of el - rail in it. Have fun :thumbsup:And congrats for the Hall of Fame . I`m very happy for you. :thumbsup: