• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mind Scape

Started by rooker1, February 27, 2007, 07:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

diagonal bridge ?!?!  :o :shocked2: :shocked2: simply awesome  &apls &apls &apls can't wait to see more of this interesting thing  ;)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

rooker1

Hello Everyone,

Two quick posts and no replies, so here we go,

Quote from: Pat on November 23, 2008, 08:34:21 AM
Robin a fantastic qoute there at the end and also great teaser pic it actually threw my eyes waccky lol... oooh yea the pic is also great too with the club globe next to the pig!!!! gotta love to go dance and the go shop for some grocery's hehehee....

ooh another thing I love is no more ADS!!!! AMEN!!!!!!!  :thumbsup: Thank you soooooo soooo sooo very much Robin for this award!!!!!!

EDIT: Robin I must add here to my reply a personal heart felt biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig hugh Congrats to you my friend for once you leave OSITM you will be going to your new permanment home in the MD Hall Of Fame!!!! WoW What a Honor man!!! congratulations again Robin!!!!!

Hey Pat, I'm glad you like the quote and the teaser.  It's always good to go to a club near a gocery store, this way at the end of the night you can easily satisfy your munchies.  ;)  Great to hear that you are enjoying and using your new Subscription to it's full potential.  I was glad to hold the Contest and have you as one of my winners.  &apls  Thanks for the congrats as well.  I am very excited to move to The MD HoF at the end of the month and share this honor with another great MD'er, Emil.

Quote from: bat on November 23, 2008, 09:01:25 AM
Great pictures there, Robin! And also the teaser is looking nice!

And thank you for the subscription - the draft-function is very useful...

Good to see you drop in and I'm glad you are enjoying the Suscription as well.  :thumbsup:

Quote from: kimcar on November 23, 2008, 10:50:21 AM
Great update Robin. Nice industrial zone and i like the use of el - rail in it. Have fun :thumbsup:And congrats for the Hall of Fame . I`m very happy for you. :thumbsup:

Kimcar...Thanks alot for the congrats.  My industrial sector will be going through some extensive contruction over the next few updates.  Now that I have the demand it is really easy to destroy entire blocks and watch them build back up, hopefully the way I want, if not I just destroy again and again till they do.  ;)

Quote from: dedgren on November 23, 2008, 11:30:21 AM
Huge 'grats, Robin, on the elevation of Mind Scape to the SC4D MD Hall of Fame.  There's no honor that's more richly deserved for the fantastic work that you do here.

David

David, it's always nice to have you stop by my MD, I just wish sometimes it would be more frequent  ::) .  Great chioce of words in your congrats to me.  "Elevation"...seeing how that will be my new focus on this Island city of mine.  Elevated rail and highways will be running through the entire city.  ;)

Quote from: Ennedi on November 23, 2008, 01:02:12 PM
Welcome in the MD Hall of Fame Robin!  :thumbsup:

Mind Scape is one of the most innovative MDs here at SC4 Devotion and I'm very glad it is still active  :)
I hope you will find some time for it's further development amongs your numerous activities.

Your last updates look very promisive, the El-rail with the station and bridge looks really great!  &apls
(and I'm very curious of your seaport stuff development  :))

Adam

Great to hear from you Adam, I hope everything is well with you and I would love to hear your views on my city and if you think there is anything I can be doing differently.  Thank you so much for the congrats, I'll have to work extra hard for this honor.

Quote from: thundercrack83 on November 23, 2008, 05:18:43 PM
Congrats, Robin!

Couldn't have happened to a better person, my friend!

I can't wait to see where Mind Scape takes us now that it's Hall of Fame bound!

Dustin

Thank you very much Dustin, and I can't wait to see what I do as well.  ::)  :D  ;)

Quote from: Jmouse on November 23, 2008, 05:19:07 PM
Pretty snazzy teaser there, Robin. It's so...so...so...lavender! ;)

And contrats on your entry into the HOF. A well-deserved and well-earned honor.

Later...
Joan

Hey Joan...."Snazzy"  &Thk/( Interesting word, not sure anyone has used that before about my MD. Thanks for the congrats too.

Quote from: Tarkus on November 23, 2008, 05:27:01 PM
Robin, congrats on making it to the Hall of Fame.  Very deservedly so, I'd say. :thumbsup:  

And that teaser pic there is just brilliant--looks like a very interesting city, and you've put the NAM DualNetworking El-Rail/Road pieces to great use there.  Don't see those used nearly often enough.

Looking forward to what else is in store!

-Alex (Tarkus)

Alex, very nice surprise to have you in here and thank you very much for the compliment.  Maybe we can talk about the pieces I think are missing from the NAM DualNetworking El-Rail/Road.  ::)  ;)

Quote from: JBSimio on November 23, 2008, 08:47:18 PM
First of all, congratulations on becoming a hall of famer, Robin!   &apls :party: &apls

I've really enjoyed the last couple updates.  Where are those elevated rail pieces coming from anyway?  Are those actual stations?  I've never seen that before.  Looking forward to being unteased... or seeing the rest of the teaser... I'm not really sure what the proper way to say that might be... :D

JB

Thank you so much Jon for the congrats.  Those Elevated rail peices are part of the NAM and are found in the transportation menu all under one pretty button.  ;)  As for the stations, they are from a Japanese site and I will have to look it up again if you are interested in them. As for never seeing them before, well that's what my MD is all about.  ()stsfd()

Quote from: metarvo on November 23, 2008, 09:24:03 PM
You have made it to the Hall of Fame, right?  That's incredible, Robin. &dance  Of course, I'm not surprised at all, since this is a very creative and unique MD.  It's interactive, as well, in its own way, although some of the quizzes (and jokes) border on "cruel and unusual  ::) j/k."  Mind Scape is a great MD.  What else is there to say?

&apls

metarvo, thank you as well, I am so happy about the move to MD HoF that I am thinking of some new ways to impress everyone.  So keep an eye here.

Quote from: threestooges on November 23, 2008, 10:29:43 PM
Working on a project right now so I'll come back later to leave an actual comment, but I wanted to swing by and congratulate you on making it to the Hall of Fame (no surprise there). Well done Robin, well done.
-Matt

Thanks for the congrats and hopefully I can find out about that new project and test it for you.  ::)  ;)

Quote from: Lilojame on November 24, 2008, 03:28:50 PM
Hi Robin!
First let me say Congrats for making it to the Hall of Fame!  &apls I believe you uttermost deserve the spot!
I am sorry to miss out on 2 teaser and the update. :-[
The first teaser that I missed out looks really nice and the joke is... well  $%Grinno$%.
The update looks wonderful. The rails are great and in overal all the area looks nice regardless the fact that it is industry that you are showing. Great work! :thumbsup:
And the newest teaser, simply amazing. I like how the building in right-down corner looks. Is that ps or the actual texture? ??? And Club Globe is a WOW.
Looking foard to see more.

Best Regards,
Karin

Karin, never any need to apologise here, you showed up late, sure, but it's better late than never.  ;)  Thank you so much for the congrats on the move to MD HoF, I am so looking forward to being in there. Big ideas, although I'm not really sure what they are entirely.   :D

Quote from: Pat on November 25, 2008, 05:13:15 AM
Robin that looks very good too!!! I like the pic and the shadow border to it that you gave it!!!

Pat again...I'm busy fouling around with PS now and having a great time, I thought that one was a good effect, glad you like it as well.

Quote from: bat on November 25, 2008, 05:27:01 AM
Beautiful teaser there! And great work on that area... :thumbsup:

Hey bat, Thank you my friend, see you again soon.

Quote from: thundercrack83 on November 25, 2008, 11:03:58 AM
Looking good there, Robin!

I, too, like the shadow effect on the border of the picture!

I can't wait to see what else you've got up your sleeve for us here in Mind Scape, my friend!

Take care!

Dustin

Dustin.... ;D....always good to see you here my friend and I do have so much up my sleeve that when I'm walking around it falls out and I have to say, "Excure me, excure me, that's mine, please don't step on it."  :D :D :D  ::)  ;)

Quote from: Lilojame on November 25, 2008, 01:01:55 PM
Hi there Robin!
Very nice picture there and I have to sign under the "shadow comments" also.
Hope you slept well and had some nice dreams. ;)

Karin, nice name BTW....it is pronounced "CAR-IN", right?  My wife is prenant again, with our thrid child and I'm secretly hoping for a certain sex.  ::) and looking for names.  
Good to hear that you like the shadow effect as well, I think I will use it more often.  And I did sleep okay, although my kids keep waking up in the middle of the night and than I find it hard to go back to sleep, hopefully that stage will pass soon.

Quote from: Godzillaman on November 25, 2008, 06:37:32 PM
Diagonal props? :P

Still looks good, don't see it too much...;)

Diagonal props....very good guess, but what if there was a way to make them functional?   ::)  ;)

Quote from: Jmouse on November 25, 2008, 07:44:34 PM
Very interesting stuff going on here. That last pic is a little too close to the impossible, though. You certainly have me wondering where the next few stitches of this thread are headed!

Later...
Joan

It may look impossible but I'm sure if I look hard enough it does exist somewhere in the world.  Anyways, isn't that what this game is all about or at least the people that are modifying the game.  Doing the "Impossible."

Quote from: threestooges on November 26, 2008, 12:01:10 AM
Robin, you are always coming up with something new, and this certainly works. I think I know how it might have been done, but I hope you'll share it with us at some point. Great work.
-Matt

New and exciting things, I hope I can accomplish this, even if it's just every onc in a while.  I am sure you know how I did this, but the surprise will be if it can be functional, maybe not in certain ways, but in others.  ::)  ;)

Quote from: metarvo on November 26, 2008, 05:44:54 AM
:o

Not only are both of these bridges diagonal, but one seems to be a double-height bridge over a single-height one.  Wow...

:thumbsup:

Yes you are correct. Glad you like it.  ()stsfd()

Quote from: Pat on November 26, 2008, 07:49:41 AM
gaaaaaaaaarh ummm what in the world!!!! WOW OK I want to know what Happend here!!! I cant wait Robin....

Yes Pat you will just have to do that....wait.  ;)

Quote from: art128 on November 26, 2008, 08:17:32 AM
diagonal bridge ?!?!  :o :shocked2: :shocked2: simply awesome  &apls &apls &apls can't wait to see more of this interesting thing  ;)

Thanks alot Arthur.  And here's more just casue you asked nicely.  :P

OMG.....I made it through all those.  :-[   :P

This entire industrial Sector will be redone, except for the El lines.  ;)

Don't forget to make a donation to get your copy of the SC4D LEX DISK VOL 1!!  It's definately worth it, mine is on it's way.  ;)  ()stsfd()

See you all tomorrow,....or maybe later tonight.
Robin  ;D
Call me Robin, please.

art128

Robin, this industrial area is truly great my friend  :thumbsup: Good luck for rebuilt this sector  ;) can't wait to see more....
Arthur

Props & Texture Catalog

bat

Looking forward to the new version of that wonderful industrial area!
And nice pictures of that first version... :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

Diagonal bridges, an industrial sector that makes me weep with joy--no wonder this place is headed to the Hall of Fame!

Keep up the marvelous work!

Dustin

Pat

Robin wicked set of new pics here and I wonder whats up with the Devil's Fork other then the pic of the penrose frame is messing with my mind lol.....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

rooker1

Helllooooo Evvvereryyyyyyyone,

I'm pretty excited my first slide show.  Yah, I know they are old pictures, but it's a slide show now.  ::)  ;)  ()stsfd()

art128, Glad you like the industrial sector, it will be quite some work to get exactly what I want in there but I have the patience.
bat, Thank you very much and I should have new pictures of the area very soon.
Dustin (thundercrack83), I think I may have started something, we'll just have to sit back and see.  And thanks for the congrats again.
Pat, Thanks, those are some of my favourite illusions and to have them all fit together like that is even better.

See you all later with a little something else.
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

M4346

Love the way your industrial area looks, and love the slideshow!  ;D
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

metarvo

That's a sweet industrial area you've got there, Robin. :thumbsup:  Of course, the slideshow showcases some true talent as well.

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Pat

Robin I agree that was a great illusion indeed!!!!  That slide show even though old pics is still a good treat and I liked it a lot!!! Now if ever you wanted a movie made let me know and I would be more then happier to be your producer lol....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

dsrwhat316

I love these little "mind games" you have here  ;)

A belated congrats on your Hall of Fame election! I had a feeling that you'd make it in...

Nice little slideshow; a realistic industrial area is something I've yet to try. Perhaps this'll give me the motivation to do so!

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

art128

Great work on this slide show my friend, really pleasant  &apls

Props & Texture Catalog

Jmouse

Excellent work on the slide show, Robin. You certainly chose some great photos - every single one is a winner!

Later...
Joan

Lilojame

Hi Robin!
The update and the slideshow(!) were superbly done!
Awww a third one! That is really great! I wish all the best to your family. As for my name, let me first say a thank you. The pronouncement varies depending on a country, here in Slovenia we pronounce it as CAR-IN as you wrote. Anyhow, I will send you an PM telling you more of the name. ;)

Again, wonderful work on the update and the slideshow!

Yours Truly,
Karin

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

TheTeaCat

Wonderful slideshow Robin.

Really enjoyed it, so what if the pics were oldies as you say, it all went well together &apls &apls

Looking forward to what you have in store  next for us ;)

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

thundercrack83

What a fantastic slide show, Robin!

Old pictures or new--every picture is fantastic here in Mind Scape!

And I notice that you're creeping up on 1000 comments, too, my friend! Things just keep getting better and better here!

Dustin

rooker1

Hello Everyone,

A quick couple pics.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

bat

That's a great couple of picture there! Nice work on it, Robin! :thumbsup:

bob56

That's great. I love the GLR bridge-where did you find that? he seawalls also give a nice touch. However i think there is too many of this building downtown, right next to each other. Otherwise, Great! :thumbsup::
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

Pat

Hey Robin nice new pics there for sure and looking real sweet!!!  :thumbsup:

oooh boy I soo didnt even notice 2 go my friend to your 1k mark wooooooooohooooooooo!!!!!