• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mind Scape

Started by rooker1, February 27, 2007, 07:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

Theses news pictures are truly great my friend  &apls the downtown is awesome !! And that bridge look good too, it's your creation ?  &apls

PS => 999th post !!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

rooker1

POST 1000....

Not a better place than on the Brooklyn Bridge in New York city to celebrate 1000 posts in my MD, Mind Scape.

Hello Everyone,

The month is quickly wrapping up and a new group of OSITM's will be in the Spot light.  I have really enjoyed myself immensely in the company of some other great MDs, Capporth City by bat, Waterfalls...by Pat and WEST END by paroch.
Just for the record, I challenged Pat just before November to see if we could post an update everyday this month and it definately looks like the better person won, great job Pat, fantastic MD as well.
I hope that everyone had time to also following along with bat and his animations and paroch and the YouTube videos as well as the beautiful city that is being built, if not get in there and get caught up!!

What an incredible fun filled month.

We had The SC4D Picture Competition Hall of Fame Champion of 2007/2008 Season, encompassing 200 pictures from The SC4 Picture HoF from November of 2007 to November of 2008.  An incredilbe amount of work putting this one together and I would like to officially THANK Dustin for all his help and hard work in putting this one together with me. 

The MD HoF where two of the most favourite MDs at the time, excluding the MDs already in the HoF are voted on and entered/exchanged in the MD HoF for a period of six months, in which Emil's MD, Blackwater (with Islas Gemas) and of course myself and my MD, Mind Scape will be inducted December 1st.  I really look forward to this honor and sharing the spotlight with Emil.

For the first set of MDs in the MD HoF we had AntigOne by Cedric (Badsim) one of the most inovoted MDs and it's approach on how a city would look if everything went through LE in one person's point of view.  Also, Ennedi plays Shosaloza by Adam (Ennedi) a very artistic and incredibly realsitic city playing style with a lot of tutorials, one of my Top Five favourite MD at the moment.  Last but not the least, we have Whitefall, Iridar by Shadow Assassin a great look at the RHW modd and his awesome pictures that usually find thier way into the SC4 Picture HoF every time he enters one.

We also did The First Annual SC4Devotion MAYORS' DIARY AWARDS and ended up with some awesome winners. 
BEST OVERALL MD: Blackwater (with Islas Gemas) by emilin
BEST USE OF CUSTOM CONTENT: Orlach, by squidi
BEST URBAN MD: The Greater Terran Region, by Haljackey
BEST RURAL MD: Covington, by JBSimio
BEST IN BEST SELLERS: RECREATIONS, by ejc
BEST IN RECENTLY PUBLISHED: Commonwealth of Marathon, by thundercrack83
BEST NEWCOMER: Rainbow Falls, by Lilojame
BEST USE OF SUPPLEMENTAL CONTENT: Tarkusian Cities, by Tarkus

Dustin (thundercrack83) started a MD, Commonwealth of Marathon, finally after a little persuasion and we also have a few new comers that are doing very well.

All in all I think we had a fantastic Anniversary Celebration.

Quote from: M4346 on November 27, 2008, 07:25:25 AM
Love the way your industrial area looks, and love the slideshow!  ;D

Thanks Marius. I'm glad you like the industrail area, I worked pretty hard at it.
Don't be a stranger, I hope to see you around more often.

Quote from: metarvo on November 27, 2008, 07:45:43 AM
That's a sweet industrial area you've got there, Robin. :thumbsup:  Of course, the slideshow showcases some true talent as well.

&apls

Thanks, I figured I had to try my hand at a slide show and I think it turned out pretty good.  I hope to see you again soon.

Quote from: Pat on November 27, 2008, 07:53:44 AM
Robin I agree that was a great illusion indeed!!!!  That slide show even though old pics is still a good treat and I liked it a lot!!! Now if ever you wanted a movie made let me know and I would be more then happier to be your producer lol....

Hey Pat, good to hear from you, glad you liked the slide show and I am sorry for the old pictures, but I needed to start somewhere and anyways, I was at work when I did it.

Quote from: dsrwhat316 on November 27, 2008, 10:51:58 AM
I love these little "mind games" you have here  ;)

A belated congrats on your Hall of Fame election! I had a feeling that you'd make it in...

Nice little slideshow; a realistic industrial area is something I've yet to try. Perhaps this'll give me the motivation to do so!

~ Dan

Dan, Nice to see you in here and enjoying the mind games, I have alot more where they came from.  You'll just have to stop by more often to not miss any.  I would love to see your take on an Industrial sector.

Quote from: art128 on November 27, 2008, 10:59:19 AM
Great work on this slide show my friend, really pleasant  &apls

Hey Artur, thanks for stoppin by.

Quote from: Jmouse on November 27, 2008, 02:01:41 PM
Excellent work on the slide show, Robin. You certainly chose some great photos - every single one is a winner!

Later...
Joan

Thanks Joan,  Most of those pics came from the SC4 Picture Competition HoF.  ()stsfd() I'm glad you like them too.

Quote from: Lilojame on November 27, 2008, 05:45:24 PM
Hi Robin!
The update and the slideshow(!) were superbly done!
Awww a third one! That is really great! I wish all the best to your family. As for my name, let me first say a thank you. The pronouncement varies depending on a country, here in Slovenia we pronounce it as CAR-IN as you wrote. Anyhow, I will send you an PM telling you more of the name. ;)

Again, wonderful work on the update and the slideshow!

Yours Truly,
Karin

Hello Karin, thanks for stoppin by and more importantly for the very nice PM about the name.  I find that sort of stuff interesting and I am still on the hunt for some very interesting boys and girls names.  One more so than the other.  ::)

Quote from: TheTeaCat on November 29, 2008, 07:30:31 AM
Wonderful slideshow Robin.

Really enjoyed it, so what if the pics were oldies as you say, it all went well together &apls &apls

Looking forward to what you have in store  next for us ;)

:satisfied:
TTC

Derry,  I hope you are all caught up now.......and stay that way.  ::)  ;)  ;D
Oldies are sometimes the best or at least it's nice to go back there sometimes.

Quote from: thundercrack83 on November 29, 2008, 01:23:59 PM
What a fantastic slide show, Robin!

Old pictures or new--every picture is fantastic here in Mind Scape!

And I notice that you're creeping up on 1000 comments, too, my friend! Things just keep getting better and better here!

Dustin

Dustin my good friend.  It was very nice working with you on so many different projects this past month.  I hope we can find time do some more fantastic ideas together.  See you around and thanks for stoppin by.

Quote from: bat on November 30, 2008, 10:39:52 AM
That's a great couple of picture there! Nice work on it, Robin! :thumbsup:

Thanks bat, it's always nice to see you here.

Quote from: bob56 on November 30, 2008, 10:43:50 AM
That's great. I love the GLR bridge-where did you find that? he seawalls also give a nice touch. However i think there is too many of this building downtown, right next to each other. Otherwise, Great! :thumbsup::

Glad to see that you like most of my MD,  ;) but I have not started using any sea walls, what you see is just the terraformed edges.  As for all the same buildings, well I am using the CAM and I am fixing a few other areas first and I need to keep the demand up in other areas.  I'll come back a thin things out a little, you'll see.

Quote from: Pat on November 30, 2008, 10:54:24 AM
Hey Robin nice new pics there for sure and looking real sweet!!!  :thumbsup:

Hey Pat, thanks for coming by and helping me get to 1000 posts.  ;)

Quote from: art128 on November 30, 2008, 10:58:41 AM
Theses news pictures are truly great my friend  &apls the downtown is awesome !! And that bridge look good too, it's your creation ?  &apls

Arthur thanks coming by and being post 999.  The bridge not my creation, but praiodan's, maybe, just maybe if enough people asked nicely enough he may release it.  ::)  praiodan are you listening??  ;)

Dr. Albert Schweitzer once said, "An optimist is a person who sees a green light everywhere. The pessimist sees only the red light. But the truly wise person is color blind".

Charles Nicolle once said, "Chance favors only those who court her".

This is the last update for OSITM.  I really hope you all had an enjoyable month with me and the various other things that went on.

I'll see you all around,
Robin  ()stsfd()
Call me Robin, please.

art128

Well Robin, for start, I must say Many Congrats my friend, for over 1000 posts there on your MD  &apls  &apls Your industrial sector are always really great my friend, it's so realistic  :thumbsup: always a pleasure to see your pictures my friend, always great  ;)
can't wait to see more  :thumbsup:

Props & Texture Catalog

Pat

Robin I didnt think I could do it at all and knowing well how well you do and well I had to pull out all the stops lol.... Anyways it was a great challenge Robin and I enjoyed it all so much!!!! I found out the Key to updating and its in the morning hours to get the most replies  ;)...  I enjoyed your wrapup for the month of November as its been a great month being the Anniversary month as well wow!!!  I cant wait to see what December brings us!!!

Also I must say this to you again another huuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh congrats on another milestone achived!!! congrats on over

1 thousand and now 2 replies!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

thundercrack83

1000 posts--now, that's a milestone! Congratulations, Robin!

November has certainly been a magnificent month here at SC4D, and I am so glad that Mind Scape was in it's rightful place for it--smack in the center of everything!

First the MD Hall of Fame, now 1000 posts! Your achieving that legendary status where, in years to come, we'll be talking about Mind Scape. And knowing you, we'll still be looking at new and great stuff here!

Enjoy it, Robin--you've earned it, my friend!

Dustin

paroch

Congrats on the 1000 post milestone Robin.  Mind Scape is a fabulous MD, so 1,000 posts and entry to the HoF is very well deserved. 

And what a great 1000th post you have given us.  A great mix of a review of the month, great personal replies and some top notch pictures (as per usual I guess  :D ).

It's been a pleasure sharing OSITM with you, and I'm only sorry I wasn't able to keep pace with Pat and yourself.

Good luck in the Hall of Fame, I'll have to remember to pop over to say hi!

Paul

Jmouse

Looks like a whole string of congratulations are in order, Robin! OSITM, 1,000 posts and a trip to the HoF - November has been a good month for you and a fabulously entertaining one for your many fans.

We have a couple more great reasons
to spend some quality time in the HoF thread now, and truly it will be time well spent!
Joan

JBSimio

What a great month it's been here Robin!  I'm glad people like Dustin and Joan went ahead and listed everything, because I would have never remembered them all.  Congratulations on all the things you've had going on lately both here and at home.  And, it probably goes without saying that I really enjoyed your latest industrial pictures.  They'd have been good all on their own, but the extra Photoshopping made things just that much better.

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

bat

Congrats on over one-thousand replies there! &apls
And fantastic celebrating-update there! :thumbsup:
Also wonderful new pictures! :thumbsup:
Looking forward to the updates in the December! ;)
And November was a great month here... :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

Congratulations, Robin!

art128

Wow -- congrats my friend, this is very well deserved  &apls &apls &apls

Props & Texture Catalog

Ennedi

Congratulations Robin, welcome in the MD Hall of Fame!  &apls &apls &apls
Our small company is bigger now and it is even better with you and Emil  :thumbsup:

You look very active now, I only hope you will find some time to continue your great MD! Looking at your last pictures I think the future in Mind Scape is bright, you really show new ways of creating industrial landscapes  ;)

Best regards my friend :thumbsup:
Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Pat

Robin my friend I am in tears here as this is the offical induction for you today!!! I am soo happy for you, as you so deserve this honor!!! We had a great run last month and it was a blast, Welcome home to your new permant home my friend...

Patrick

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Tarkus

Robin, congrats on being officially moved into the HoF now!  This last update really shows just how much of a master you are with dirty industrial scenes.  The composition on those pics is just right, with the belching smoke and the slight haze.

Looking forward to seeing what else is in store. :)

-Alex (Tarkus)

metarvo

Congratulations, Robin, on taking your rightful place in the HoF.  It seems like this has been a "winning" time of year, with all of the award ceremonies.  Of all of these honors, yours is certainly deserved.  It is no surprise at all that such a unique and interactive MD is HoF material.  Give yourself a big hand of applause, Robin, to go along with the one I'm giving you now.

&apls

Of course, this update is just one more example of the content that has paved the way for this honor.  The layout of the factories and choice of effects make an effective combination.  Good job, Robin!   :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Haljackey

A huge congrats in getting into the HOF Robin!  Well deserved!
(Nice update too ;))

Best,
-Haljackey

bat

Congrats for this new section for your awesome MD! You deserved it! &apls

Orange_o_

Congratulation you have a beatifull city  &apls

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

kimcar

&apls &apls Another excellent MD who go in the HOF section. I`m very happy for you my friend . With pics like the last one no choice to put you over there  :D  :thumbsup:

threestooges

A well deserved congratulations is in order here. From your competitions, to the pics (amazing close-ups this time around, particularly the third and fourth), the quotes and games, it's no wonder this amazing work has crested 1000 posts and is now in the Hall of Fame. Robin, you are an amazing person and this is an amazing work you have created. 1000 posts down, and hopefully many more to come.
-Matt