• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mind Scape

Started by rooker1, February 27, 2007, 07:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lilojame

Hi Robin!

That is some darn great looking teaser!!!
I shall be anxiously anticipating the pictures from Port Dedgren!

Karin ()borg()

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

art128

Robin, You start a great thing here with this Parisian center my friend, great use of theses BATs and sunken highways my friend.  &apls
The columns are great where you placed there !  :thumbsup:
The only thing I can reproach is the Gird, you forgot to turn off it !  :D
Can't wait to see the full update.
Arthur.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Pat

Hey Robin wow wonderful teaser there!!! I love that teaser banner as well sweet!!! sorry I havent been online much been resting up... see you soon :)

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

metarvo

Robin, you've got some real nice stuff!  That highway and the overpasses that cross it are superb.

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

JoeST

Hey robin... I am ashamed of myself, truly truly ashamed. I didnt even congratulate you on your HoF inclusion :o

and those updates, you sure your not taking game-enhancing steroids  ???  :D

Sorry not to have posted earlier... I have no excuse

cant wait for more :)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

rooker1

Hello All,

I'm having a little bit of a hard time figuring out just how I want this next area to look.  So unfortunately I just have another teaser for you.  But if you look very closely, I have made sure that I included something very special.  I wonder if anyone can figure out what it is.

Dustin, (thundercrack83), I'm finding it very hard to add more things to this area to go along with the stuff by xannepan that will do the area justice.
Karin, (Lilojame), Gald you like the last teaser. I hope you'll be okay with this one too.
Arthur, (art128), I', gald you like this area so far as this will be the first time that I have tried to do something Euro.  I hope I don't fail too bad.  &idea
Pat, good to see you, I hope all is well and thank you for stopping by.
metarvo, Thanks for the nice comments and I hope to see you again soon.
Joe, (JoeST), No need to feel bad, you are here now and that's all that matters.  No steriods for me, I just decided to step it up a notch.  ;)

The Message:
kfv rifas fk wfq rinr nvs ngds rf kclqvs rica mwtisv fqr, c inys afjsricol atsmcnd kfv wfq. gqr kcvar wfq jqar lf fo rf ris osbr arnls. fo n znw rinr ca atsmcnd rf js kvfj jw tnar c inz jnzs n tfar, ck wfq mno kcoz rica tfar wfq'dd kcoz ris osbr mwtisv, afdys rica fos noz gs ris kcvar noz wfq'dd gs ysvw inttw. lffz dqmh.

The Key:
n/2ng0gmmz5zssk2klli7iccu1uhhd9djjo7offt1teevMvaarrqDqyyxxbbwwpp

The Cypher still stands unsolved (except by Tage and Matt, who have declined the prize).

That's it for now.
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

TheTeaCat

Robin

Its been a while - sorry (RL Grr) but I made an extra cuppa and thought you might like one :D

Then I find I missed some updates eek and look what you did too - some amazing pics.

Add in a cypher to confuse the mind ::) well mine anyhow  ;D and I spent some time tyring to crack
it but to no avail. $%Grinno$%. If I get plenty of time I might give it another attempt :D

Now the only thing I notice in the last teaser is the tree that is so well trimmed to make flush with the building. ( Got a good tree surgery clinic in town? )

Always a pleasure to pop in to mindscape  :thumbsup:

regards
Derry
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

bat

Nice new teaser there! Nice work! :thumbsup:

art128

Indeed, Very nice new teaser Robin. ;)
Great use of trams and parkings !  &apls
Can't wait the full update !
Arthur.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

JBSimio

Nice teaser, Robin!   :thumbsup:  Is that a postal truck I see turning the corner there?  Maybe something special is the incorporation of Ardecilia's mod to spawn vehicles from what appears to be Spa's building there.  :-\  That's the only guess I can come up with...

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

thundercrack83

Is that a road sign that I see?

Please tell me you made it yourself! Please, oh, please! Because if you did, you can teach me how!

Wonderful teaser here, Robin! Just wonderful!

Dustin

rooker1

Hello Everyone,

I have been trying to do a European style city and I haven't been very happy with the way it's looking, destroying what I just did and I find myself spending a lot of time in LE.  I have been doing some experiments, which I will show some pics below.  I will also start to show some pics of the new city very soon and you all can give your opinions and tell me if I'm being to hard on myself.

Derry, (TheTeaCat), Good to see you here Derry.  Thanks for the tea, I think I'll have it, it's very cold outside and we are expecting two snow storms before Monady morning. ()stsfd()  It looks like we may have a White Christams afterall.
I'm glad you gave the cypher a try, I think I'll be sharing the solution with everyone at the end of the month.  No one else except for Tage and Matt have solved it.  :thumbsup:
I'll explain below what was up in those two teaser pics.  ;)
bat, Nice to see you, thanks for dropping by.  I was thinking about your Advent calendar at the begining of the month and decided to buy my kids one each.  They love opeing the little doors and getting their candy every day.  I think it teaches them a few things.  One candy a day is really hard for a kid.  Now they wake up and that's the first thing they ask for.  ::)
Arthur, art128, Thanks, I'm glad you like it.  But as this is my first time ever trying to make a Euro style city, I'm having a very hard time and find myself planning something out and than destroying it all in fustration because it doesn't look as good as some other Euro style MDs I know of.  But I am slowly getting through and there should be something soon.
Jon, JBSimio, There are postal trucks in my MD, but that's not it.  I'll be explaining below.  Although I am considering adding the vehicle geerators to some custom LOTs that I am working on, to better hide them.  ::)  ;)
Dustin, thundercrack83, I wish I could make raod signs  $%Grinno$% but unfortunately I can not.  But I do have some stuff up my sleeve that I'll be showing every one very soon.

Here are some pics of my experiments with foundations.
If anyone knows of a good tutorial and it's link on how to make your own foundations that would be very much appreciated.
What I would really like to do is use the rural textures from the Residential And Rural Diagonal Walls Set V1 by jeronij as the foundation, but I'm not sure if that's possible. 

So far the only one I fould that I like is Test 4.
What do you all think?

The below picture is showing the changes I have made to the Underbridge Rail Intersections by buddybud with LE.  I have added the rural textures from Residential And Rural Diagonal Walls Set V1 by jeronij and the under bridge base from WP2 Addon-Highwalls by Mas71.  I wanted to be able to match these pieces up with the rest of BuddyBud's Rural Sunken Highway Walls.  I think I have achieved something rather pleasing.

Silly me...  ::) ...But I have forgotten  &ops where I got this stadium and I no longer have it.  Anyone have any ideas, I would like to use it again.

Christmas is forever, not for just one day,
for loving, sharing, giving, are not to put away
like bells and lights and tinsel, in some box upon a shelf.
The good you do for others is good you do yourself.

Norman W. Brooks, "Let Every Day Be Christmas"

Everyone have a great day and remember to have a little more patience at this hectic time of year.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

thundercrack83

Hey, there, Robin!

I love your foundation idea, my friend! That's something I've always wanted to delve into, but never got around to it. Seeing as you've helped me with everything else, maybe you could help with this too!

I love how you've used the MAS71 under bridge pieces in conjunction with those walls, too! That's such a great idea!

Oh, before I forget, too--that stadium is Safeco Field in Seattle, WA, by teemu_om. It's not on the STEX because of the file size but a link to it can be found in his thread at ST HERE: North American Stadiums. Hope that helps!

Dustin

bat

Your newest update there is fantastic! Nice work on that area and fantastic pictures of it... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Pat

Hey Robin looking real good with the experitments and testing out of the walls!!!  :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Lilojame

Hi Robin!

I really wish that I wouldn't be missing so many updates all around in this month.... :-[
I really liked the second teaser there.  :)
I wish that I could help you with the dilemma that you are facing but sadly I have no idea how to work with foundations... I hope tho, that you will find a way.
"The things in life" was a funny AND scary addition.

See you around!

Karin

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

jestarr

You've done some incredible work with this MD Robin. :thumbsup:  As for foundations, I'm not sure what you're trying to do, but is this anywhere near what you had in mind?

Jmouse

Love your trials with foundations - I, too, have wondered how to create and use them. For that matter, I'm interested in making small terrace walls like those which might be found in a small garden. So good luck figuring all this out, and don't forget to share the wealth! :D

Later...
Joan

FrankU

Phewwwww, Robin....

It's been quite a job to read through all of the 53 pages of your MD.
Together with Emilin's "Building ports the hard way" your MD is the most inspiring on building ports.
I am really curious what has happened to your terraformed map with all the small piers and canals.

There really is no beginning nor an end to what I could say. I should have done that in the past. But I'll promise you I will follow your thread and comment when it is useful, instead of keeping silence for almost two years and then bursting out in words.

Some very nice work you showed here!

thundercrack83

Just wanted to stop in here and wish you a very Merry Christmas to you and your family, Robin!

Right now, your boys are probably sleeping, but not for long, I bet! The excitement has to be racing through their minds!

Enjoy it, my friend!

Dustin