• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mind Scape

Started by rooker1, February 27, 2007, 07:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

&apls Robin simply amazing!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

thundercrack83

Looking extraordinary as per usual, Robin! I can't wait until these seaports are available to play with!

I would love to see a close up picture un-Photoshopped, though--unless you're keeping the close-up details a surprise--if that's the case, I'll be more than happy to wait!

Enjoy your weekend, my friend!

Dustin

kimcar

&apls &apls Looking awesome Robin . You have done great lots and they gonna be very usefull .  :thumbsup:

Rayden

Well done Robin, like Pat said, just amazing. &apls

art128

Hey Robin,
you're starting a very great thing there my friend, that modular Container Seaport.
Your lotting job is just wonderful there !  &apls

Take Care,

Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

FrankU

Hi Robin,

You make a dream come true.
After the P.E.G. Container Terminal and the Soulstealer Container Terminal I will be able to build a Rooker Container Terminal in my seaport. Wow, good work!

bat

Fantastic work on these containers!  :thumbsup:

Battlecat

Fantastic!  These are such a common sight in ports now, I'm looking forward to seeing how you design this one! 

emilin

Very cool! A lot of stuff since I last read your excellent journal. And when I finally get around to it I see that you have started to make a container port, which is my favorite, of course. ;D

From the early shots, it looks like you are going to take the concept to a whole new level. The sheer size of it suggests a very high level of realism. And the detailing is flawless (as always!)

&apls &apls &apls

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

rooker1

April Fool's Day

April Fools' Day or All Fools' Day, although not a holiday in its own right, is a notable day celebrated in many countries on April 1. The day is marked by the commission of hoaxes and other practical jokes of varying sophistication on friends, family members, enemies, and neighbours, or sending them on fool's errand, the aim of which is to embarrass the gullible. Traditionally, in some countries, the jokes only last until noon, like UK, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and South Africa, someone who plays a trick after noon is called an "April Fool". Elsewhere, such as in Ireland, France, and the USA, the jokes last all day.

Origin....

The origin of April Fools' Day is obscure. One likely theory is that the modern holiday was first celebrated soon after the adoption of the Gregorian Calendar; the term referred to someone still adhering to the Julian Calendar, which it replaced.[2] In many pre-Christian cultures May Day (May 1) was celebrated as the first day of summer, and signalled the start of the spring planting season. An April Fool was someone who did this prematurely.
Another origin is that April 1 was counted the first day of the year in France. When King Charles IX changed that to January 1, some people stayed with April.  Those who did were called "April Fools" and were taunted by their neighbors.
In the eighteenth century the festival was often posited as going back to the times of Noah. An English newspaper article published on April 13th, 1789 said that the day had its origins when he sent the raven off too early, before the waters had receded. He did this on the first day of the Hebrew month that corresponds with April.
A possible reference to April Fools' Day can be seen in the Canterbury Tales (ca 1400) in the Nun's Priest's tale, a tale of two fools, Chanticleer and the fox, which took place on March 32nd.

This morning I filled up the boss' office with ballons.  After all said and done, not sure if the joke was on me for blowing them all up or on him.  &mmm  ::)

I want to thank everyone for stopping by and giving thier opinions about the new Seaport.  Any ideas are more than welcomed.

The Move....
I haven't really done very much this past week and a bit becuase of the move to the new house.  I painted and made many repairs to the house before the move and than I needed to pack as well.  Very tough and tiring week for both myself and my wife especially being due with our baby girl in just two short months.  She did an amazing job packing and moving.....I just wanted to say that out loud.  ::) 
A Moving Story....
We are now putting the house together and getting everything put where it belongs.  My youngest, Nicholas just about two years old decided that he wanted to help unpack.  He took everything out of a box and place it all over the floor in our room while no one was around.  After he was done he came down stairs to us and told us "done".  Not knowing what he was talking about, he took us upstairs to see.  Big mess, but his heart and mind was in the right place.  Great kid.  ()stsfd()

I know that I said I would go over this at the begining of January, and than again I mentioned it later in the month.......well I forgot again and it's always better late than never.

The Message:
kfv rifas fk wfq rinr nvs ngds rf kclqvs rica mwtisv fqr, c inys afjsricol atsmcnd kfv wfq. gqr kcvar wfq jqar lf fo rf ris osbr arnls. fo n znw rinr ca atsmcnd rf js kvfj jw tnar c inz jnzs n tfar, ck wfq mno kcoz rica tfar wfq'dd kcoz ris osbr mwtisv, afdys rica fos noz gs ris kcvar noz wfq'dd gs ysvw inttw. lffz dqmh.

The Key:
n/2ng0gmmz5zssk2klli7iccu1uhhd9djjo7offt1teevMvaarrqDqyyxxbbwwpp

So if we look at the Key we can see "/2" in the second and third position.  This is to signify that you must divide the entire code in half.  All the letters are doubled.  If you do this right you should have something like this....

ng0mz5sk2li7cu1hd9jo7ft1evMarqDyxbwp

So, now you are asking yourself, "What are the numbers for and the last two letters that are in caps?"
Well let's pull them out and take a look.....

05271971MD

It might be easier if you set up a chart.

a b c d e f g h i  j k  l m n o p q r  s t u v w x y  z
n g m z s k l  i c u h d j  o f  t e v a r q y  x b w p

Anyone want to try again....now?

Tomorrow I will post the answer to the 1st half......

Have a great day and remember jokes are suppose to be funny.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

FrankU

Hi Robin,

Moving to a new house with a two year old son is maybe not the right time to design new container docks.....
We can wait. Have a good time!

edit
Hehe, I have a 3 and a two year old boy with a girl on the way.  Robin  ;)

Ha! Congratulations. We also have a child on the way: girl or boy, we don't know yet. Expected 4th of May!

projectadam

Quote from: rooker1 on April 01, 2009, 05:19:46 AM
I know that I said I would go over this at the begining of January, and than again I mentioned it later in the month.......well I forgot again and it's always better late than never.

The Message:
kfv rifas fk wfq rinr nvs ngds rf kclqvs rica mwtisv fqr, c inys afjsricol atsmcnd kfv wfq. gqr kcvar wfq jqar lf fo rf ris osbr arnls. fo n znw rinr ca atsmcnd rf js kvfj jw tnar c inz jnzs n tfar, ck wfq mno kcoz rica tfar wfq'dd kcoz ris osbr mwtisv, afdys rica fos noz gs ris kcvar noz wfq'dd gs ysvw inttw. lffz dqmh.

The Key:
n/2ng0gmmz5zssk2klli7iccu1uhhd9djjo7offt1teevMvaarrqDqyyxxbbwwpp

So if we look at the Key we can see "/2" in the second and third position.  This is to signify that you must divide the entire code in half.  All the letters are doubled.  If you do this right you should have something like this....

ng0mz5sk2li7cu1hd9jo7ft1evMarqDyxbwp

So, now you are asking yourself, "What are the numbers for and the last two letters that are in caps?"
Well let's pull them out and take a look.....

05271971MD

It might be easier if you set up a chart.

a b c d e f g h i  j k  l m n o p q r  s t u v w x y  z
n g m z s k l  i c u h d j  o f  t e v a r q y  x b w p

Anyone want to try again....now?

Tomorrow I will post the answer to the 1st half......

If you can see this, this is more to come shortly.

Have a great day and remember jokes are suppose to be funny.

Robin,

I think you missed this a couple of weeks ago but I actually cracked the code. See my message here: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=601.msg226945#msg226945

Edit
projectadam, sorry.
You can post it here.
The Constitutional Monarchy of Ichigamin

Terraforming Update (8/25/09)

rooker1

Hello All,

Here is the answer to the first psrt of the cypher.....

For those of you that are able to figure this cypher out, I have something special for you. But first you must go on to the next stage. On a day that is special to me from my past I had made a post, if you can find this post you'll find the next cypher, solve this one and be the first and you'll be very happy. Good luck.

Second part to come in the next few days.

Call me Robin, please.

projectadam

Well, as you have already posted the first part, which I was able to code:

FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT ARE ABLE TO FIGURE THIS CYPHER OUT, I HAVE SOMETHING SPECIAL FOR YOU. BUT FIRST YOU MUST GO ON TO THE NEXT STAGE. ON A DAY THAT IS SPECIAL TO ME FROM MY PAST I HAD MADE A POST, IF YOU CAN FIND THIS POST YOU'LL FIND THE NEXT CYPHER, SOLVE THIS ONE AND BE THE FIRST AND YOU'LL BE VERY HAPPY. GOOD LUCK.

Going off of the key I thought it had something to do with your birthday and your MD so I went searching through your MD and found nothing on your birthday so I thought that the key was only half right and the MD was stuck in there just to throw people off a little bit. Therefore, I then went and checked through all of the birthday thread paying special attention to May 27th. I found nothing and at this point gave up. Until I was going through your MD again and on reply #705, I noticed it had been edited on December 2008 almost half a year later. I knew this must be the message but just could not see anything there until I went to highlight the entire message for further examination and found this hidden in what I am guessing white text on a white background on the bottom.

It's really good to those of you here that have made it this far.  Good luck on the next cypher, it is a little harder this time.

bpb....trvlj blpo. wj'e glvc nwuv jp evv jrqj cpd qgrv szrv wj jwqe irl. wi cpd urn iltwdv jwqe pdj w bxwx zrpjnv jqv izdne ipl r eu4z zgz. unpjtrlje jp jqv bnvnwl rnz qmmrc qxwprzce rzn qgrv r eirv nvb crvl.
KEY: ryuzvitqwfoxsnpmklejdgbach

OH MY HEART BEGAN RACING AGAIN AS I WAS BACK ON TRACK. Following the key this time it translated to

KEY:
r = A
y = B
u = C
z = D
v = E
i = F
t = G
q = H
w = I
f = J
o = K
x = L
s = M
n = N
p = O
m = P
k = Q
l = R
e = S
j = T
d = U
g = V
b = W
a = X
c = Y
h = Z

and reading: WOW....GAERT WROK. IT'S VREY NICE TO SEE TAHT YOU HVAE MDAE IT TIHS FAR. IF YOU CAN FRGIUE TIHS OUT I WLIL DAOTNE THE FDUNS FOR A SC4D DVD. CNOTGARTS TO THE WNENIR AND HPPAY HLIOADYS ADN HVAE A SFAE NEW YAER.

and finally decoded: Wow... Great work. It's very nice to see that you have made it this far. If you can figure this out I will donate the funds for a SC4D Dvd. Congrats to the winner and Happy Holidays and have a safe New Year.

Great setup and code Robin, it was very entertaining to do.

Pat

Congrats Adam for figuring out the Cypher!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Sciurus

This code is too complicated for me, I understand nothing! $%Grinno$%
But congratulations to realize this code (perhaps it's not you who have realized this, but congratulaions!!)

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

rooker1

Everyone,

I have been very busy as of late.  I will try to get back to MindScape sooner I hope than later.  ;)

Here are my excuses.  ;)

This is just a few hours after Alyssa was born.

The next day the boys meet Allyssa for the first time.  Matias says she is his baby.

Nicolas says, "She out." and kisses her.

Matias demands to hold his baby.

Now Nicholas needs to as well.

Matias is sining Twinkle twinkle little star (very loudly) and tapping Alyssa's bun to get her to go to sleep.

Going home the next evening.  Johana had to dress her up for the trip home.

See you all around,
Robin  ()stsfd()
Call me Robin, please.

art128

Hey Robin, congratulations on the new baby my friend ! You've a beautiful family.  &apls
Looking forward to more of Mind Scape. ;)

Take care,
-Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

projectadam

Robin,

Congratulations, Mom and Baby look to be doing very well  :)

io_bg

I think there isn't a better excuse than this, my friend! Congratulations! &apls
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November