• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mind Scape

Started by rooker1, February 27, 2007, 07:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tooheys

Have always had a soft spot for townhouses/rowhouses. Nicely done, not always seen in such a green environment, they are usually back to back with little but concrete surrounding. But I must say, I prefer the way you have used them here.  :thumbsup:

As for using my compooter, I was just honest enough to admit it  ::)

Cheers

Dave

Yoman

Those row homes are incredible, such a green feeling to the area. I will however suggest turning off the UDRIVE IT icons ;)

rooker1

Hello to all,
I took a small break, but now I'm back.

REPLIES,

bat, thank for stopping by.
thundercrack83, yes, that's a train station, but I can't seem to figure out where i got it from.  ()what()  Sorry....thanks for the comment.
sebes, Did you like where you grew up, if so I thanks.  :thumbsup: Sometimes I get carried away with the trees I plant.  As for the row homes, Block Maxis, taxes, patience and make historical.  Not much help, eh?  ???
tooheys, thanks and no worries about using your compooter, I was just giving you a hard time.  ::)
Yoman, Yah, I noticed that after I posted the pics.  I feel like I just started yesterday...... $%Grinno$%

Think about this for a minute..........
"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do." Eleanor Roosevelt

"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still" Lao Tzu

Until next time,
Robin   ()stsfd()
Call me Robin, please.

thundercrack83

Stunning! Absolutely stunning, Robin! The railroads are beautiful and I love the canals, too! Great work, my friend! Great work!

Ennedi

Robin,

These closeups are a new quality in your MD. They look fantastic!  &apls

Textures around the Gare du Nord are something new and look great!
And this bus station :thumbsup:

Edit: and of course canals add a lot to the general look :)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

nova vesfalo

wonderful update ! Nothing is empty, everything has is little details, the first pic is amazing with jeronji wall , canals and the railway. the iron loft and the maxis school feets well here ! You've made something reaaly good, the selection of buildings is really great and coherent ! and the railway station fits quite greatly  !!

rushman5

Amazing use of glenni's new sewage craphole (in a good way right?) with jeronij's canals.  Keep up the excellent transitions between custom content

kimcar

&apls &apls Super work with these canals. I like the details you put on.  :thumbsup:

stocktons_pimp

this is impressive...

::

bat

A very good using of these cnals! Also great pictures of that area! :thumbsup:

sebes

Quote from: rooker1 on October 10, 2007, 08:17:24 PM
Did you like where you grew up, if so I thanks

No - I did not - people were to narrow-minded there... 8 years of clashing (and still, when being in the mall there I feel a strong urge to get in my car and flee....right Diggis???).

But don't get me wrong Robin - your picture is absolutely fantastic: I admire all that are able to create cities in SC4 that look so stuningly real... and that pic is one of the best examples of your skills IMO  &apls

Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Yoman

The rail approach to the train station is excellent, a very smart application of JRJ's canals and walls as well as Glenni's new sewage thing.

I look forward to seeing this city area more :)

paroch

Hi Robin,

I've missed a few updates and it looks as though you've been busy.  A belated well done on the "spot the MD" competition - a great idea.

I use loads of terraced (row) housing, so I really like 25.1.  You've used the trees very nicely there.  Your comment about "make historical" rings true.  The amount of times I forget only to see them upgrade!

I also really like the train/bus station combo, nicely done.  Which bus station is that?  I don't think I've seen it before.

All the best,

Paul

rooker1

Time for another update and some replies.

Replies     Replies     Replies............

thundercrack83, thanks for the great comment, you're making me blush.  $%Grinno$%
Ennedi, Thanks alot.  I'm trying something a little new.  A lot of the lots have some fine tuning in LE.  I'm trying it out now and just wanted to try some simple things.  Interesting that you noticed.  ()stsfd()
nova vesfalo, Thank you also.  I am trying to step it up a notch.  Add some more details and fill every square with something useful.  ;)
rushman5, thanks.  I was trying for a long time to fit in Glenni's sewage lot and I think it turned out pretty good where I put it.   ()stsfd()
kimcar, I like the canals very much.  This city will be all about the little details.  I hope to do alot of work in LE for this city.
stocktons_pimp, welcome here and thanks for stoppin in and checking things out.  Nice to hear from new people.  I'm glad it impresses you.
bat, thanks alot.
sebes, wow, I hope I didn't hit a nerve.  &mmm I think I know how you feel, I get like that sometimes when I go to the mall.  So many people bumping and pushing......  I do try my best and it's really nice when someone else notices the details and thinks my work is some what realistic.
Yoman, Thanks, I think I did a pretty good job on the rail aprroach, glad you think so as well.  As for jeronij's walls, they seemed to fit in perfectly for the city.  I plan to use them alot, I just hope it doesn't end up looking like I used them too much.
paroch, thanks for stoppin in.  I used one of your pictures in the competition.  Did you notice?   ()stsfd() I'm glad you liked the pictures.  Making things historical is now a habit.  As for the awesome train station with the bus station on the side, it is JENXGareDuNordBeta, done by the great by xannepan and can be found here. [Linkie]  This is one of most favourite train stations ever.   :thumbsup: Hope to hear from you again soon.

Here is the thought of the day.
Buddha once said, "Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."

Well that's it until next time.
Robin   ()stsfd()

Call me Robin, please.

amapper

I like the industrial pond area in this last page. It's all very creative and fun to look at. Lots of things to miss first time around, only to pop out on the next visit. Really nice job.

JBSimio

Robin, I've lurked here for a long time... but I honestly don't know if I've ever posted in your thread or not.  If not, you have my apologies.  You never cease to impress.  There's so many things to look at... it's amazing how much you stuff into each update!  Everything blends together so well in ways that I would never have even tried.

I also have to mention that I really enjoyed your "donation contest."  I don't look at nearly enough to have participated, but it was fun to watch.  It almost kind of scared me how many people knew those things so quickly!

Anyway, bravo my friend!   &apls

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

thundercrack83

Hey, Robin!

Train stations and stadiums--it can't get any better for me! Excellent work! Add in the Avenue-GLR and you've got yourself one heck of an update! I'll be looking forward to see more, my friend!

Yoman

I must say that Nob's tram depot looks excellent next to Guard Du Nord. Really top notch here.

I eagerly await more of this city :) Particularly the canal system, which is stunning at the moment.

bat

Another fantastic set of pictures there, rooker1! :thumbsup:

rooker1

Please forgive me, I'll be right back.............
Okay I'm back now.  My boy has a really bad cold and wanted one last hug before papi went to work.

So good morning to all,

Replies,

amapper, I figuredI would add the pond to see how it looked.  I completely satisfied , It may be demolished, not sure yet.  Thanks for the nice comments.  ()stsfd()
JBSimio, first thanks for stoppin in my friend, good to see you hear.  No apologies necessary, you are here now and that's all that matters. Thanks alot, I always try to impress myself and at the same time I hope to impress others.  So when you say your impressed, I know I'm diong a pretty good job. As for the donation contest, I just wanted to donate in the first place and second, I wanted to make my time in SIOTM very Special and I think I accomplished that.  Watch my MD closely, I think I'll be doing a smaller version of the contest again, some time in December.   ;) It was nice to read you and I hope to see you here again soon.
thundercrack83,
Quote from: thundercrack83 on October 14, 2007, 08:50:38 PMTrain stations and stadiums--it can't get any better for me! Excellent work! Add in the Avenue-GLR and you've got yourself one heck of an update! I'll be looking forward to see more, my friend!
Same thing I thought my good friend.  Glad you like it. :)
Yoman, I was hoping someone else thought Nob's tram station looked good there.  Thanks for the comfirmation.   :thumbsup:
bat, thanks for stoppin in.

Now......this my first attempt with LE that I'm going to share with you.  I have been using it for a quite some time now.  I'm still learning so these next pictures are very basic.  But I thought they turned out pretty good, so I'm sharing.
The first picture is the original JENX Gare Du Nord by xannepan with no changes.  In my opinion this is one of the best train stations every made.  The architecture is so beautiful. 

The next pictures show my minor changes.  Sometimes those kind of changes are the best kind. ;)

So please tell me what you think and how I could have done it better, please.  Good or bad, I'm ready.  ;)

Robin   ()stsfd()
Call me Robin, please.