• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Welcome to Elizabeth County

Started by projectadam, November 11, 2008, 12:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kant01

Hey, beautiful job here!  :thumbsup: That last region shot is quite stunning.

Nexis4Jersey

Nice update , i love your dirt streets :) ,& Small downtown,  I might a small flat New Jersey rural themed MD &idea

projectadam

1/09/09: Housekeeping

Region Overview Showing Counties (Years Organized in Parenthesis)
Elizabeth County (1780)
Flying Bird County (1797)
Perkins County (1801)
Corel County (1808)
Sarpy County (1819)
Keith County (1824)

Before I get too deep into this update, I thought it might be a good idea to bring a few things to attention. It seems if you have not completed a history section for your MD and are considering doing a history write up, that the OSIM is the perfect time to get the history out in the open. Since Braska is living its history, I will not have a lengthy post covering its entire history but I can give some background on some key things that have already happened. I thought the best thing would be to tell about the counties of the region. I will do them one at a time and this will give visitors something to check out while the railroad is slowly extending throughout the region.

Another thing that I wanted to point out is that if you looked at the region map you noticed a major difference from previous ones. I HAVE FINALLY OPENED EVERY TILE OF THE REGION, WOOHOO! Sorry for the screaming but that was a time consuming thing that I am glad to have completed and I think the region is looking great.

Something else that I wanted to mention that I completely overlooked on my last update is that Braska broke the 2000 view milestone. Thanks everyone that has shown interest in my MD and I hope I have been able to inspire you in your own works or that you have just enjoyed checking out the region. Now, it is time to move onto the first of six series on the counties.

Elizabeth County
Founded: 1780
County Seat: New Jamestown
Area:
     Total: 411 sq mi
     Land: 392 sq mi
     Water: 19 sq mi

Elizabeth County was the first county organized in Braska. The county is named after Corel Masterson's youngest daughter Elizabeth.

Replies:

David: Those are not swimming pools, just really nice horse troughs $%Grinno$% The "period pieces" are lacking and from the very start, I did not know how I was going to address the issue. I wanted a region to have a somewhat symbolic growth of a typical Midwest area but of course, electricity, architecture and cars being everywhere took the early 1800s out of the era.

On the other hand, I could not justify saying that it was present day and just starting out and keeping dirt streets for around 140 years, no railroad for around 70 years, planes, architecture, etc... Thanks for the kind words and the region cannot wait to transform again after some serious touchups with the single-track railroad when it comes out :o

Dustin: Thanks for stopping by and encouraging an MDer :) Really, if the region was given out and the magnifying glasses came out, it would not take long to notice many things out of place. With the power of showing what I want to though, a lot of farms and dirt roads, I have been able to show a 19th century looking region. Once again thanks for the compliments and I am anxiously awaiting part two of the "transport map tutorial." "$Deal"$

bat: The farms are what really makes this feel like mid 19th century Midwest. Thanks for stopping by ;)

kant01: Thanks for stopping by. I believe that as time moves on the region shot will only look better and better. I am a little taken back at how amazing it looks compared to the very first region view. I wish your New England Colonial pieces would have come out about 2 months before they did but I am sure they will still find a home somewhere in Braska :thumbsup:

Nexis: Thanks for coming back and commenting. I hope that you get into the world of MDing and you can count on me being one of your first comments :D

The Constitutional Monarchy of Ichigamin

Terraforming Update (8/25/09)

thundercrack83

Interesting stuff here, projectadam!

I love the continuing backstory, and the map with county delineations looks wonderful, too! Though, I must say that Elizabeth County looks a lot bigger than the rest.

No matter, though! I can't wait to see what you have next for us, my friend!

Take care!

Dustin

Simpson

Super picture of your region my friend,
Looking forward to the next update

Take care,
David

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

projectadam

1/16/09: The People of Papillion Welcome the Train

Region Shot Showing Growth in Farmland and as the Train Continues to Grow

Transportation Map from New Jamestown (Train Marked in Black Line)

It feels good to be writing in my MD. I have been without a steady internet connection for the past three days. I believe that it had something to do with the snow that the area received and I am guessing that the -34F wind chill did not help. After the proposal of the train tracks was passed and only a few short years of construction, the developers realized that the project was going to be finished late and cost more than budgeted. Why is that not a big surprise for a major construction project?

The other thing that I thought I should mention is greetings past Braska Region viewers and welcome to the new region, Elizabeth County. Well, it is the same region just with a new fancy name. Even as a creator, it is amazing how you can be involved in a project and realize after someone has pointed out something, that maybe you were focused on something different. I came to this conclusion after Dustin had pointed out something about my region that it seemed like Elizabeth County was much bigger than any of the other counties. I paused, thought about this for a while, looked at the map when I realized that Elizabeth County is actually the star of this show and not necessary Braska (which is the river that runs through the region and the fictional name of the state that this supposedly takes place in.) I think the transition should be smooth and am excited to show off the announcement with the massive growth that Papillion is experiencing with the railroad.

A Small Industrial Park Located Next to a Neighborhood

A Middleclass Neighborhood

Main Street with a Row of Restaurants and Bars

A Bank on the Corner

One of the First Hospitals in the Region (A wonderful creation by
mattb325
, if you are looking for a hospital and have not downloaded this one yet, WHAT ARE YOU STILL DOING HERE?!? GO GET IT!!! Elizabeth County will still be here when you get back :D)

Since I was planning to have an update out earlier this week but the winter storm had other plans, I thought I would try to appease the readers by finishing out with a mosaic. Hope you enjoyed your stay and welcome to Elizabeth County.

Replies:

Dustin: Glad you liked the history aspect and I plan to continue to delve into the history of the region. I decided from reading about CoM's history from last month that there was not a better time to go through it during the stay here :) As always, thanks for coming by and leaving a message.

David: Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I am anxiously awaiting your next update to your region as well :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

Hey, projectadam!

What a wonderful update, my friend!

As always, your region maps continue to be some of the finest that I've seen in a long time, and the pictures of Papillion look splendid, too--especially that fantastic mosaic you put together! Excellent job!

The transition from Braska to Elizabeth County is seamless, too, my friend--sorry for putting the idea in your head, though! I hope it didn't cause you too much unnecessary thinking and toiling!

In any event, I will be watching with eager anticipation to see where things go next here!

Take care!

Dustin

Feroxx

Wow, region shot looks very impresive.  :thumbsup:

bat

Nice work on your new update! And wonderful region overview(s)! :thumbsup:

Haljackey

Wow, nice work!  I love the region shots, the (dirt) road networks, and the mosaic!  Excellent update I must say!

Best,
-Haljackey

sim_link

Love the use of SAM, adds a nice touch to the area! :thumbsup: The region shots are great, too. The overview looks very realistic. :)
Can't wait to see more.

Simpson

WOw fantastic update my friend
I really love the region picture  :o
Also the mosaic is perfect and so réalistic, incredible work on it  &apls

I'm looking forward to the next update  :)

Take care;

David
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

TheTeaCat

Wonderful MD you have here  &apls &apls

I just caught up on everything and I am very impressed :thumbsup:
I really like the way you done the rural areas - very realistic nice job

Great mosiac too and the region shots help to bring it all together
Shall be popping in more often to check this out ;D

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

kant01

this latest update is once again so lovely. I love the region views! And the entire little community is so well layed out and designed. Great job!

Sciurus

It's very nice and your fields are very....squared! :D
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

metarvo

I see that you are continuing the nice work, projectadam.  I see that some big businesses are starting to set up shop here, including Tractor Supply.  Where did you get that distribution center, by the way?  It's a must have for me.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

projectadam

Readers and Guest of Elizabeth County

As you have noticed, I have not made an update to Elizabeth County for quite sometime and am afraid to report that in my planning I have made an error that is going to take quite sometime to figure out a solution for. As of now, Elizabeth County is going to be retired from the boards but I do not plan to delete it from my system and continue to tinker with it and see if I can get things solved to my satisfaction.

I have learned a lot and believe that the things I have learned from Elizabeth County will improve my building and MDing skills in the future. I am thinking about opening up another project in the meantime to keep myself busy here on SC4D. Thanks for all of the support/replies the past three months and the people of Elizabeth County hope to welcome you again :)

Replies:

Since many of these replies will just be thanks, I will answer them all at once. Thanks for your support for the last update before the holding period: Dustin, Feroxx, bat, Haljackey, sim_link, David, TheTeaCat, kant01, Sciurus and metarvo.

The Tractor Supply I believe is from SimGoober but I will check to make sure metarvo.

metarvo

Oh, that's too bad, projectadam. :( Sometimes bad things happen, but I'm sure that you will come back to MDing even stronger than before.  Even without Elizabeth County, I still hope to see you around SC4D, and I'm looking forward to seeing your next project.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Sciurus

Yes, it's a shame :'(
But I hope with you learned about SC4, you'll do a more beautiful city :thumbsup:

Guillaume.
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *