• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

about the language switching

Started by gardenwong, November 28, 2008, 02:05:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gardenwong

I have the simcity 4 Deluxe of US ver.
for the driving side, I have create a "UKEnglsh" file in the location of simcity 4 deluxe file
also, I have change the setting by the Registry Editor, change the "language code" from 0x01 to 0x13
and alos change "Language name" from "English US" to "English UK" in the Registry Editor
but when I start playing the game, it can;t show any words.
is there anymore change should I take to slove this problem?
俺がã,¬ãƒ³ãƒ€ãƒ ã wwwwww

RippleJet

You also need to copy SimCityLocale.dat from from the English folder to the UKEnglsh folder.
That's the file that contains all LTEXT files for the game.
For more info, check the first FAQ in SC4 Registry: How to Switch Languages and Driving Sides :thumbsup:

gardenwong

Quote from: RippleJet on November 28, 2008, 03:29:22 AM
You also need to copy SimCityLocale.dat from from the English folder to the UKEnglsh folder.
That's the file that contains all LTEXT files for the game.
For more info, check the first FAQ in SC4 Registry: How to Switch Languages and Driving Sides :thumbsup:
yes, i have put the simcitylocale.dat to the UKEnglsh file but still have the problem
will it be an error because of I have installed the Lot Editor before I cahnge the file name?
俺がã,¬ãƒ³ãƒ€ãƒ ã wwwwww

RippleJet

Quote from: gardenwong on November 28, 2008, 03:52:51 AM
will it be an error because of I have installed the Lot Editor before I cahnge the file name?

No, installing the LotEditor won't affect this at all.

If the game still cannot find SimCityLocale.dat, double-check the following:

• The Registry Key "Language" is indeed 0x00000013 (19), and not 0x0000000D (13)
  • There is a subfolder under Program File\Maxis\SimCity 4 Deluxe\ called UKEnglsh, and not UKEnglish
  • There is a file called SimCityLocale.dat in that subfolder