• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Re: Waterfalls a New Journey... MD by Pat_Update # 219

Started by Pat, March 13, 2007, 01:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kimcar

ARG ()sad() I hate missing update , and i missed some very nice one. You river just look very authentic . &apls &apls &apls I really like how you did it and it`s nice to see the details that you put in. Great work. :thumbsup:

Pat

Replies Only for now sorry folks  &ops

• Quote from: TheTeaCat on February 07, 2008, 04:32:10 PM
    Very very nice indeed Pat &apls &apls

Your skill with TPW is certainly showing through :thumbsup:

Congrats on reaching the classics too mate - well deserved &apls &apls

:satisfied:
    TTC

Derry thank you M8 and Im trying my best here and Im really glad you are lovin it....

• Quote from: Jmouse on February 07, 2008, 07:39:53 PM
    Beautiful Work, Pat, and you just HAD to show off that that little Smiley-face crop duster, didn't you! :D
    The riverbanks look good. Personally I'd try adding a few more varieties of flora, but since I've never even experimented with TPW, I'm hardly an authority! It's just an opinion.
    Looking at the last photo, I wonder if that stream will continue over onto another city tile. I see what looks like an avenue connection even though the yellow arrows aren't visible. I have a little mod that hides them, so it isn't always possible to tell what's next door.
    Anyway, I continue to stay in the background and learn from the masters! :thumbsup:
    And HAPPY 50th BTW! &apls

Until next time...
    Joan

Joan thank you soo much and I will try and do more of a variety with the flora, thats one thing I live for is feed back like soo and thank you again for the support you have given me over the last few months...

• Quote from: bat on February 08, 2008, 07:54:58 AM
    That river is looking great, Pat! Wonderful work on that area!

Congrats on 50 updates!!!

Looking forward to more...

Bat thank you so much here and thanks again on the congrats!!! see you soon.....

• Quote from: paroch on February 09, 2008, 03:19:24 AM
    Great TPW as always Pat.  Update 49 with the bend and brown water is great.

And the look you've created in Update 50 with those trees is just stunning.

As McDonalds always tell us.......  mmm mmm mmm mmm, I'm Lovin' It!

Paul its all good to see you here and I know riiight soo Like Mickie D's lol

• Quote from: warconstruct on February 10, 2008, 08:34:16 AM
    wow it is splendid! your river are really well made, you do one works excellent  &apls

just a question: can you indicate or find clearly this grass to me green please ? I thank you in advance  :thumbsup:

Hey Warconstruct if Im understanding what you want is the flora im using and if that is the case just click on the picture and then you need to click on the waterflora v2.0 and it will automaticly download for you...

Like I said Im sorry only replies for now but Update 51 will follow soon, thanks again all for your support!!! You guys are special to me here...

NB: well i see while I was typing up my responses here that 2 more folks snuck in on me and yess Blade and Kimcar you guys are also special to me as well..... So here is my replies to you guys.......

• Quote from: blade2k5 on February 10, 2008, 11:02:57 AM
    You are the true master Sir :thumbsup: not me ;) I could never reproduce the beautiful rivers and surrounding scenery that you create, though I attempt to.  Once again, a stunning update as always.  I tell ya, I'd rather be there than here....looks nice and toasty in Waterfalls whereas here it's b-b-bone-ch-ch-chillin' c-c-cold  :P

Troy Im glad you think Im a master here.... I know with a little practice and time you will get this down right as well but for me I could never ever be a great cartographer as you are!!!  Thanks again for stopping in and I sooooooo agree I would love to be in Waterfalls my self neighbor in Tom_________ WI lol.....

• Quote from: kimcar on February 10, 2008, 11:20:53 AM
    ARG ()sad() I hate missing update , and i missed some very nice one. You river just look very authentic . &apls &apls &apls I really like how you did it and it`s nice to see the details that you put in. Great work. :thumbsup:

Kimcar its all good that you cant make it in a few UpDates I understand but when you come here you are always welcomed my friend as it is said my home is your home as well....  Thanks again for the great compliments and see you soon....

BTW its - 9 degrees here now in Rhinelander WI with a wind chill advisory eeeeeeeeks, also with windgust to 40.... Man do I really wish I was in Waterfalls.................. Soo later I will have a new Update, take care till then my friends stay warm!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

thundercrack83

BTW its - 9 degrees here now in Rhinelander WI with a wind chill advisory eeeeeeeeks, also with windgust to 40.... Man do I really wish I was in Waterfalls.................. Soo later I will have a new Update, take care till then my friends stay warm!!!!

That's pretty cold! It's 14°F and windy here in PA, too. Stay warm, my friend and I'll be looking forward to your next update!

Dustin

blade2k5

If it was 14°F here [about 15 miles from Pat's humble abode actually, it would feel pretty balmy out :P  Spring isn't getting here fast enough &mmm

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

warconstruct

hey thank you for the bond  :thumbsup: I the update waits with impatient ! 
Province of Acadia since 2020
Province of Zillerthal (2014)
Port Aux Captes (2009-2011)
Province of Trieste (2006-2010)
Since SC4D 2007-2022

Berethor

Wonderful natural recreation.  The river looks very realistic.    &apls
I'm waiting for the next update soon!    ;)

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ MallowTheCloud ♦ HabLeUrG ♦ moganite ♦ Mr Food11 ♦ jplumbley ♦ Vandy ♦ wouanagaine

tooheys

No. 50 Pat, well done my friend  &apls.

Nice work with the TPW, particularily the look of varying depths along the river :thumbsup: The use of the retaining walls certainly caught my interest in both updates. I like the placement, don't what that hwy disappearing downstream. Good idea  ;)

Looking forward to see how civilisation encroaches.

Cheers

Dave

Pat

• Quote from: thundercrack83 on February 10, 2008, 01:35:46 PM
    That's pretty cold! It's 14°F and windy here in PA, too. Stay warm, my friend and I'll be looking forward to your next update!

Dustin

Dustin:  Hey Dustin always great to see you around here in Waterfalls...  Id say that is pretty cold in PA and I will stay warm, I hope for now you like this teaser.....
  • Quote from: blade2k5 on February 10, 2008, 01:57:26 PM
    If it was 14°F here [about 15 miles from Pat's humble abode actually, it would feel pretty balmy out :P  Spring isn't getting here fast enough &mmm

Blade:  LoL I agree with you on that one and I soo do wish I was near a nice calming waterfall about now....
  • Quote from: warconstruct on February 11, 2008, 11:26:23 AM
    hey thank you for the bond  :thumbsup: I the update waits with impatient ! 

Warconstruct:  Im sorry I dont have a full update tonight but I do have this teaser and Im glad you have found good use of that link....
  • Quote from: Berethor on February 11, 2008, 08:34:24 PM
    Wonderful natural recreation.  The river looks very realistic.    &apls
    I'm waiting for the next update soon!    ;)

Brethor:  Im glad you was able to come back to waterfalls and Im glad you are loving my work here....
  • Quote from: tooheys on February 14, 2008, 01:17:01 AM
    No. 50 Pat, well done my friend  &apls.

Nice work with the TPW, particularily the look of varying depths along the river :thumbsup: The use of the retaining walls certainly caught my interest in both updates. I like the placement, don't what that hwy disappearing downstream. Good idea  ;)

Looking forward to see how civilisation encroaches.

Cheers

Dave

Dave: Thank you very much my friend for stopping in at Waterfalls...  Im glad you liked how the depth turned out and I was rather pleased as well, I know gotta protect that HWY  :D

So without further ado here is that teaser.......................

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

tooheys

Pat, like the variation with the TPW, that deep spot under the bridge, got to be some fish there  :)

Nicely done, just waiting for the big update  ;)

Cheers

Dave

TheTeaCat

You are definitely getting the hang of the TPW.  :thumbsup:

Right whens the update? Just wanna book my place at the front of the queue  :D

TTC

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

warconstruct

This beautiful image announces a great update !

Splendid river, I like much it was carried out with much care  ;)

Cheer  &apls
Since SC4D 2007-2022

bat

Jmouse

Hey Pat,
That's some teaser you have there! The flora and rocks around the water look great and that covered bridge is really nice -- very rural!

So as usual, you have us waiting anxiously for the full update!

Until March 12...
Joan

RebaLynnTS

Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

Pat

Yup thats right its time for an update wooohoooo....  OK so this is not the update planned but we will run with it dang CTD's lol..... Yup that is what happens when you are trying to save a mornings work CTD... TO: Dave, Derry, Warconstruct, Bat, Joan and Becca thank you soo very much for your comments and checking out that teaser that I had done last night well without further ado here is something diffrent from me lol.......

RebaLynnTS

Very interesting. I love the river, I can't seem to use the plopable water that well.
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

TheTeaCat

Darn CTD's but who cares when you show such good stuff. &apls

Now how do you make good things better? if I may how about a couple of suggestions?

Have you thought about using one of dogfights new water mods? you could seamlessly blend the real game water with the TPW and everybody would be going WOW

And for the second, how about using one of Ennedi's new slope mods. What I mean is the slope on the railway looks real good but the Ave has a nasty transition . If you ran a rail line alongside the Ave it would smooth out those sharps edges at the top of the slope.

My 2p's worth. like I said how do you make a good thing better, Watch Pat listen to constructive criticism, act on it, and come back with a better version ;)

Till the next time
a well deserved

TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

paroch

Hi Pat,

Some interesting pics there.  The transition from TPW to in-game water looks a tricky one that I've not yet attempted.  So i'm interested to see how you do it.

Looking at the banks of your TPW river........ I always feel the need to plop rocks, trees, bushes and grass just to smoothen the transition from water to grass.  But I know that you need parts of the river without all this "stuff".  You've been brave and left the banks "naked".

Great bridges by the way.

And as for that big digger driller thingy - hmmmmm, different that's for sure!

All the best - Paul

bat

warconstruct

very interesting, always as well make your rivers  &apls
that announces a great update ?!
Since SC4D 2007-2022