• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

New Holland - N268 Reconstruction intersection ring road Boxtel

Started by Paul 999, May 14, 2010, 07:20:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul 999

During the opening of the widening and the new A1 junction with the A9, the Minister for Infrastructure announced a number of infrastructure projects.

Orange = new motorway
Yellow = current highway expansion
Blue = tunneling of existing highway (A1 at Maasvlakte)
Pink = new rail link (Betuweroute)

An explanation we start on the left side of the card. The port of Maasvlakte is currently at its maximum capacity. For years we had the largest port in Europe. Now we are overtaken by other countries. The port of Maasvlakte will come back to the first place. There are major expansion plans ready. Thus, the container capacity doubled, and there is more place for the chemical branch. A better rail connections with the hinterland and Germany is also part of the plan, Betuweroute. The highways of the city expanded and rebuilt. The A1 and A2 are in the current situation across the city. The A1 is placed in a tunnel and get 2x4 lanes. The A2 is placed around the city and get a completely new route to 2x3 lanes.

Then we go to the right, the extension of the A9. This highway is part of the ring part of The Dieze. The expanded A4 belongs here too. In this update we see phase 1 of the extension of the A9, the current A9 get a cloverleaf interchange.

Then we went to the N27. The construction of this road is not 100% guaranteed. There is a problem with the funding it is now looking at the potential for a PPP structure. Public-Private Partnership (PPP) is a form of cooperation between a government and one or more private companies. This type of contracting is very popular in the Netherlands.

In the past year we has expanded the A1 from 2x2 to 2x3 lanes. The junction with the A9 has undergone a major renovation. The old situation seen we here.

Today officially opened the new node, a cloverleaf.

The A9 has only 2x2 lanes, this is also a quiet highway.

The connection to the parallel structure of the A1 at Boschelona.

The N3 was once planted as a motorway, by the construction of the cloverleaf is also take care about this.

In the current situation is the N3 a 2x1+1 road.

We now return to the A1 motorway, this section has been expanded to 2x3 lanes.

In the next update we look to the construction of the new part of the A9.

Comments are welcome!  ;)

I adjusted the size of your 1st pic. - Robin  ;)

Tomas Neto

kwakelaar

Some interesting infrastructure projects you've got going on, looks great.

Nego

Wow! Your region's transportation network looks very complex! :o Your highways are looking great! &apls Keep up the great work! :thumbsup:

penguin007

Nice update the RHW looks really complex if a bit bumpy in places

Will

Paul 999

Yes true, but sometimes this is not otherwise to make. De hill left of this image is removed now.
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7256/62485974.jpg

I am working now on the tunnel entrance to the A1 at Maasvlakte. The 2x3 lanes have also been taken further.

Update construction side A9
Today we take a look at the construction site of the A9. The aqueduct under the Dieze has been partially completed.

Below left you see the current end of the A9. There are still many people against the construction of the A9. There are still a number of procedures to build the new junction with the N261.

The residents of this property are also opposed, they will not be bought out and do not want to live between the highways.

A few hundred meters away, the cables and pipes shifted.

Then we look at the section at the Dieze, and the aqueduct.

On this side of the building project is still not working at the junction with the A4. There are still many industries will be demolished for the construction of the junction.

And another look at the aqueduct. The A9 is constructed with 2x2 lanes.

Comments are welcome!

kbieniu7

I imagine those residents demonstrating and blocking roads in order to stop highway construction  :D
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Paul 999

Time for an update, the whole new A9 is open for traffic. We start at the junction whit the A261 / N261, the resident that don't wanned move living now in the junction.

The light rail is extended and have a park and ride station at the junction.

Formerly a traffic lights intersection of the N261. Now it is converted to a junction for the A261.

Here connecting the new section of the A9 the existing part.

The access road from the center of town to the driveway of the A9.

The new park and ride place for visitors of the city center/shopping center.

Office park near the junction whit the A4.

Lots of industries are moved for the junction whit the A4. This junction has 2x4 lanes (a parallel structure).

Overview of the beginning of the new part of the A9. And the junction whit the N629.

Overview of the junction whit the A261 - N261.

Overview of the junction whit the A4.

Currently we working on the expanding of the A4. The highway will be 2x3 lanes on the side of Vught and Gestel. And 2x4 lanes on the side of De Dieze.

I hope you like this big update, there will be soon more motorway news.

RickD

Another great roadgeek update. I guess you can't wait for the new NAM to be released (just like me).  :D
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Tomas Neto

Fantastic road system and railroad too!!! Awesome update!!!  :thumbsup:

canyonjumper

So many ideas in here to steal use. Keep it up!

Your friend,
                        Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Paul 999

The A9 is now open for a while. The adjacent highway A4 has now changed and expands. See the map below.

We start with the A4 near Boxtel with the cloverleaf to the A10 and A12. During the conversion of this section is taken along a new railroad Gestel.

During the conversion, the cloverleaf expanded. The busiest corner now has two lanes and the left of the parallel structure now has 2x2 lanes.

Now we look at the new overpass for the railroad and a road to Gestel.

For now, the railroad was not used. Gestel wanted a temporary station at the end of the track. The Minister of Infrastructure says this is not possible. The cost of using would be too high because this is a completely new line.

The A4 highway continues as a 2x3, the bridge is a temporary solution.

Then we come to the intersection of Vught. Under the image you see in the early parallel structure from the junction with the A9. It is a very busy intersection and many accidents happen as you can see in the picture.

The parallel structure towards the A9.

The other junction at Vught connecting roads are also completely made 2x2. Left in the picture you also see the new railway station of Vught.

Then we skip over the junction with the A9, which is in the previous update has already handled implementation.

Then we continue with the other end of the parallel structure from the junction with the A9 at De Dieze.

Due to budgetary considerations at this section there is a but little money spent. For the future there is still a major conversion on the program.

After parallel structure get the motorway on a short piece 2x4 lanes.

And than we go back to 2x3 lanes.

The third lane changes in a exits for the intersection. The A4 continues in a 2x2 profile.

Then we come to the junction with the A7 and N11. This is a minimalist performed. Thus, the main lanes not built, and are parallel lanes have only one lane.

Here you can see that the node has no main lanes.

The Minister of Infrastructure want demolish the whole node and build a 2x4 road from the A4 to A7. The N7 and N11 will be connected to a junction structure.

That's it for now. Comments are always welcome!

Skimbo

Motorways, Motorways, Motorways, all thoose great motorways ;D

Nice updates =)
The Dragon Island Cities journal at SC4Devotion

For a Dragon Islands video click here

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Paul 999

3 years ago it was decided that two new north-south connections will be build the A9 and the A27/N27. The A9 has been completed. The route is a A27/N27 upgrading of existing roads. The road number N267 disappears altogether, the N266 will disappear only when Vught. The A27/N27 is the new North-South corridor.

The project includes the construction of tunnels, viaducts and a cloverleaf junction with the A261. The highway is largely in an urban area. The rebuilding of this highway and construction costs are very high. This is the richen that the government has converted the project to a PPP contract, industry provides funding for the project and the government will pay in the long term portion. Public-Private Partnership (PPP) is a form of Cooperation between a government and one or more private companies. This type of contracting is very popular in the Netherlands.

Then we look at the first part of the new A27/N27. The part of Boschelona connection with the A1. Here is the road profile changed to a motorway profile. The connection with the A1 still has traffic lights, a fully grade separated node is not possible due to limited spaces.

At the end of the tunnel start the motorway profile. You see also a formerly traffic light intersection.

The interchange is completely changed. This is a very busy interchange, therefore the entrance and exit with 2 lanes.

Then we will proceed with at Midden Bosch. This part is actually only a junction. This junction is fully grade-created during the conversion.

From the previous entrance and exit lanes are built 2x4.

There is still to less capacity on the compound curves.

Again 2x4 lanes next to the entrance and exit.

Then we are just to the right of the junction, the section of the N617. This was a traffic light road for the conversion. Now the profile of the A27 highway extended to the canal.

The new connection will provide a better flow of the roads.

Here is an overview of the rebuilt interchange with new part of the N617.

That's it for this time, next time we look at the section by Bossche Broek and Vught.

io_bg

Wow, so many highways, and all of them are so realistic and well-built :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Skimbo

Another couple of interresting intersections....
The Dragon Island Cities journal at SC4Devotion

For a Dragon Islands video click here

mave94