• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

New Holland - N268 Reconstruction intersection ring road Boxtel

Started by Paul 999, May 14, 2010, 07:20:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul 999

New overviews! Whit the new RHW Regional Transport Map.

Remember red are now the rail, and black are the highway's.

I hope you like it!

I resized your pics, max width-1024 - Robin

jondor

I gotta say, it looks pretty spectacular to see my mod in action on such a well developed region.

Thanks for sharing!

:thumbsup:
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

Paul 999

Today the Minister of Transport and infrastructure announced that there is money available for the traffic congestion around the city 'Boschelona' and 'De Dieze'. Concretely, this means that A1 and A4 will be expanded to 2x3 or 2x4 lanes. With better connections with the underlying network.

The plans are divided into four phases. Phase 1 is to extend the existing A4 and the diversion of the N260 with a new slipway and interchange to the A4.

Phase 2 includes the extension of the A1 to 2x4 lanes. The junction with the A4 and A8, with parallel tracks for through traffic. Furthermore, the light rail link to be extended (Airport - Boschelona CS).

Phase 3 includes the conversion of the A4 between 'Boxtel' and 'Boschelona' to 2x4 lanes with parallel structure. And the junction with the N261 turned into a trumpet interchange. Also, the light rail will be extended to 'Rosmalen'.

Phase 4 assumes that the new motorway A9 ready for use. The entire northern part of the A4 will be expanded to 2x3 lanes. At the junction with the A9 2x4 lanes are constructed. Also get 'Vught "a train ride with a P+R factuality (Parking and Ride). Furthermore, the railway junction at the airport rebuilt. So that the traffic capacity can be raised. Going forward on the total conversion of the railway between 'Boschelona' and 'De Dieze'.

A few months later, phase 1 completed. We start the bottom of the map, the A4 at the airport.

And the new interchange and the diversion of the N260.

The viaduct is already suitable for the widening of the A4.

The new slipway to the A4.

The diversion of the N260. With a tunnel under the railway.

Here you see the old route of the N260, with a connection to the N261.

The existing junction with the N261. And a global view of the new situation.

The A4 past the train station 'Rosmalen'.

The expanded A4 at 'Boxtel.

Hope you like it!

citybuilderx

Nice job - your pictures are good and interesting as always!  ;)
Aim for the stars and you might make the moon,
aim for the moon and you might not get there.

RickD

You really take it to the limit with the different road types.  ()stsfd()
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Paul 999

In the rush, I still take the time to post an update.

The city 'Maasvlakte' is building a new residential area on the west side of the railroad. The new district has a connection to the tram network in the city. Here you see the new tram crossing with a tunnel for the other traffic.

The extension is located next to the railway. This section of the railroad belonged to one of the busiest railways in the region. With a four-track profile and the tram that runs parallel to Maasvlakte central station. This required a number of facilities, such as noise barriers and a tunnel for the other traffic.

The new road with a junction to the industrial area.

The new neighborhood.

Here goes the tram undergrounds. The tram / metro station in Maasvlakte is undergrounds to.
http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/5353/18122704.jpg

Here we are back in the old part of the city, without noise barriers and everything is close to the railway built.

So that was it, comments are always welcome!

calibanX

Wow, your transportation network is top notch. I don't know what else to say but...more please.

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together

Meastro444

Quote from: Paul 999 on August 18, 2010, 01:56:10 AM
Thanks for the comments everybody!

I live i 's-Hertogenbosch. The most city names are in the surrounding of Den Bosch. Only Boschelona is a other name... it comes of Barcelona   $%Grinno$%
I gathered as much. Where exactly do you live? I used to live on the edge of the Bossche Broek next to the 'Oude Paleis van Justitie', close to Chalet Royal, with my parents, but I moved to Enschede. Studying. ;)
Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

Nego

Nice Update, Paul 999! :thumbsup: Keep up the fantastic work! &apls &apls &apls

Tomas Neto

kbieniu7

Excellent job! But what with eventual environmental protests?  ???  ;D
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Paul 999

Today is the second phase of the improved A1 and A4 officially opened. The A1 and A4 have now four lanes in each direction near the city Boschelona.

Here we see the beginning of the A1 widening. The parallel structure of Boschelona stops here.

And here begins the new parallel structure of the junction with the A4.

A split level entrance and exit.

The new hub is shaped like a cloverleaf.

And this will stop the widening of the A1. The road section between the A5 is later converted to 2x4 or 4x2.

Now we turn to the A8.

The road is quickly brought back to 2x2 lanes.

Then we are now looking to widen stretch of the A4 in the next phase, the A4 between the airport and Boxtel rebuilt.

Overviews

Comments are always welcome!

canyonjumper

Wow. So many great interchanges ;D

Your friend,
                                       Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Nego

The widening project turned out great! I loved it! Everything turned out really nice. I hope your next update is just as fantastic as the last!
&apls &apls &apls

Keep up the great work! :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

marsh

I don't have much to say but I'll say wow first. That region looks simply awesome. The urban area is so huge and the growth is very sporadic. And that highway is massive.  :P I can not wait to see more.

,marsh  :thumbsup:

Paul 999

Time for a new update, phase 3 of the widening works on the A4.

This time we start at the city Midden Bosch.

The junction with the A5 and the N617.

The junction with the N260. At the bottom of a new industrial estate with the extended light rail.

Rebuilt intersection in line with the N260, the industrial area has been a connection at the junction.

Since the A4 is now the best north-south connection of the region draw many logistics companies in the new industrial area.

The new central station of the city Rosmalen. Here the two lines of light rail and rapid bus connections together. There were plans for more tram lines, but it was too expensive. Now there's a fast bus connection implemented for part of the city.

The new situation in the former N261. After this conversion, this highway was renamed A261. The crossovers have a bus lane.

Here we see the bus lane that leads to a new neighborhood.

The new half-cloverleaf connection.

Now we come to the old part of the N261. This quickly turned into a motorway.

Here is the contractor working on the conversion of the intersection.

And now two overviews of the city Rosmalen.

So that was it, comments are always welcome!

RickD

I always like your road related updates. That interchange is massive. Great work with the C/D setup.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

canyonjumper

Wow! What a great network! Awesome job Paul!

Your friend,
                                 Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

FrankU

This is a nice looking region, Paul.
Especially the warehouses....  :D
Did you indeed use my Modular Warehouse Pack? Then these'd be the first pictures I found with them. That's something to be celebrated, by me then...

Paul 999

Yes i use the warehouse pack in my region, and i like it :)

In this update, no major highway expansions. But rural area, the village is called "Vlissingen". We look first to the N1 a non-motorways, arranged according to the Sustainable Safety principle. The concept of Sustainable Safety aims to reduce road fatalities. Soon will be more rural roads in the area converted by the Sustainable Safety principle.

http://www.swov.nl/uk/research/kennisbank/inhoud/05_duurzaam/sustainablesafety.htm

Across the road spoke of an overtaking ban. And crossings are preferably performed in a roundabout. The speed on this road is 80 km / hour.

The port, which connects to the port of 'Boschelona.

The busiest intersection in the village ... mhm ...

In recent years, many roads in the Netherlands addressed by the Sustainable Safety principle. This I would like to devote more attention to.

Comments are welcome again!