• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thundercrack83

The level of detail on the map would astound me...if it have been made by someone else. But for you, my friend, it's just another day in the park! Excellent job, David.

dragonshardz

dedgren

Been doing a bunch of other things (sorry)...

Here's a teaser from the current map after I've added some route numbers.

...back again later in the day...

Well, I've added route numbers as I've worked during the day and here's a section of the now completed map.

I want to do parks, rail and airport/airstrip layers, but those may have to wait a bit.  I'll put the whole map up this evening.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

flame1396

Wow. If I didn't know you had a life, I'd say you didn't have a life.
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

dragonshardz

BigSlark

Quote from: flame1396 on September 11, 2007, 05:43:50 PM
Wow. If I didn't know you had a life, I'd say you didn't have a life.

I take it you've seen the "David does more than play SC4 and here's the proof!" entries, eh?

Your map amazes me David, but I have some questions, primarily about what you showed for the "ready to ship" quad for the city of Aurora and what the road map shows. It seems that there aren't enough freeways in Aurora proper, unless I'm misreading the grid lines.

Keep up your always amazing work!

Cheers,
Kevin

thundercrack83

I believe, in addition to having a life, David's got some insomnia! Either that or he's a robot! Or maybe both...The maps look great, my friend!

Tarkus

Been awhile since I stopped by here.  And what do I find?  Tons of fantastic maps! :thumbsup:  I could just stare at them for hours.  You've really taken this to a new level, David.  Just like everything with 3RR.  I don't know how you do it.   flame couldn't have said it better. $%Grinno$% 

Keep it up--this is just amazing stuff!

-Alex (Tarkus)

bat

Very nice addition to that map, David! :thumbsup:

dedgren

Here's the road map with all route markers in place.  This will be the final route number scheme, and replaces any other routing you might have seen.

That's, as is always the case when something really large and detailed is reduced by three-quarters, hard to read.  This one [linkie], which will open in a new window, isn't.

There's still lots of little errors and stuff that needs to be moved around so that other things aren't on top of them.  I've had a problem with the waterfall/rapids symbols (=) creeping to the left from rev to rev.  I also need to reconcile things with currently developed topos.

More in a bit.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

freedo50

Wow! Its... just... so... beautiful!  &cry2

Fred

BigSlark

That. Is. Amazing.

You owe Millsaps College a new keyboard as my jaw broke it on impact.

Cheers,
Kevin

threestooges

It may just be me, but imageshack doesn't seem to want to show me the full picture. From what I can see though, this is quite a work of art. Congratulations on this accomplishment. This will make the collaboration effort so much richer.

Jmouse

Can it get any better than this? If history continues to repeat itself, the answer is evident.

Until next time...
Joan

thundercrack83

A masterpiece! Unbelievable!

meldolion

You know David? it's all your fault!!! I started that Randland MD out there.... with that humble map.... And what you do??? You come out with such great and wonderful maps....

What could I do??? Redo my region on a much bigger scale... To try to get a better landscape of my region.... And, deep in my mind I know that whatever beautiful and perfect my maps will be, they will cannot never match yours!!!

I'ts really your fault.....

But I like it this way :D Your Maps are always inspiring to me!!! Thanks my Friend to do such good maps  :thumbsup:

Unkles27

um, wow. just wow. That is an incredible map. If I didn't know any better I'd think that 3RR was a real place...

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

bat

:thumbsup: Yes, an awesome map, David! :thumbsup:

rhizome21

Hi David,

I used to follow your CJ on ST and I stumbled on this topic two days ago... and i'm really amazed (like everybody) by the sheer magnitude of the work you've done here...since you uploaded your maps on the stex, I played only in a 3RR environment (but only with the SE quadrant because i've a very old laptop to play with). Anyway, as I'm a lame city builder and cannot hope to develop a city like you do, i'm willing to offer you my services as a writer for backstory and gazettes...after all, that's what i do as one of my day jobs (the other one being a librarian).
Just let me know...

greets from rural Burgundy...

jf