• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

io_bg

Welcome back, David! Can't wait to see what t-21 mods you'll make! :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

mightygoose

woop woop, you had us worried there friend, in your abscence i have started my own MD project, i would greastly appreciate your feedback, im sitting in recently published atm, beyond that, this year could be the most exciting year in the SC4 community since well 2007 and the RHW release.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

ecoba

Ah, David! Good to see you back my friend.

I think that you truly deserved your absence and that it is completely excused, in my opinion, because of all the work you do here for the community and your great attitude. But, it is undeniable, welcome back.

The RealRoads seem to be making a lot of progress, that is them in the pictures correct. I certainly feel that they will be a nice addition to the transit modd world. Do you know if anyone is doing Euro Textures yet, because if I can get Tool to work on my PC, I'd be glad to pitch in to help.

T21's, eh? I think that you making custom T21s for your many projects will just add to the desirability, and I do agree, those vanilla robots can get quite annoying after a time. 3RR stoplights... more dreams are going to come true soon, it seems.

Ethan

bat

It's really nice to see you back, David! Looking forward to more from your great work... ;)

alfadriver12345

A very big welcome back David.Can't wait to see what yr gonna cook up next!!!! &apls :thumbsup:

riiga

Welcome back, David! We've been missing you for a long time, so it's good to have you back. :)

- riiga

dragonshardz

Wow...and we march on towards 10,000 comments, which reminds me, I need to finish updating the Honors List.

Silur

I'm glad to see You now  &apls &apls &apls

Ryan B.

Welcome back, David!  It's good to see you back 'round these parts.

mayorfabz

Welcome back, David. We've been missing you. Hope everything is fine now.

Fabien

dedgren

To heck with T-21s for the moment...

I've had a number of concepts for RealRoads kicking around in my head over the past few months.  With the help of our great friend Alex (Tarkus) I got part way through testing one out today.

Let's lay a stretch of default RealRoad.  The dashed centerline texture is the basic surface that is created when it is dragged.

Then we'll pull another stretch of RealRoad across the first, making a 4-way intersection (with those #&@$^! traffic lights).

Nothing up my sleeve...

Presto chango!  As the Realroads are completed, we see that dual centerlines are created leading in all directions away from the intersection.

Pretty cool, eh?  There's more where that came from.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Battlecat

That's a cool touch indeed!  Makes them look even more realistic than they already do!

Nexis4Jersey

OMG my eyes are bleeding , so much.....eye candy  :P keep up the good work

canyonjumper

Looking forward to this &apls. Excellent stuff here, David! Can't wait to see what else you do!

-Jordan
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Connor

Excellent work, David. The dual centerlines at the intersection certainly makes it look more realistic.

threestooges

Now that's a good trick. Can you specify how many tiles the double line texture will appear past the intersection, or is it a fixed distance?
-Matt

Ryan B.

Quote from: threestooges on January 18, 2010, 12:49:39 AM
Now that's a good trick. Can you specify how many tiles the double line texture will appear past the intersection, or is it a fixed distance?
-Matt

Looks like just one tile for now, but I'd recommend 2 or even 3.

dragonshardz

Oh wow! Very cool trick there, David!

dedgren

Ryan, Matt... Heh!

Like this, eh?

Here it is with the grid on.

Completely automatic- just drag as usual.  This was what I originally had in mind in first conceiving of the concept- the dual centerline segments to end properly spaced from the dashed centerline.

I think a two gridsquare dual centerline visually looks about right.  I'm sure that's too short based on AASHTO standards, but much else in the game is shortened for many reasons.

I need to note I PMd our great friend Jonathan when I was stumped again this morning by the override coding.  Before I heard back, I brute-forced my way to a solution through about an hour's trial and error.  Right after it worked, of course, was when his PM came in with his solution. I must be getting better at this- they were the same!

...of course he alone of the two of us understands why they work...

More fun stuff later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

FrankU

Wow, David, that is some kind of return!
I hope everything is well with you and all your beloved.

And I am curious for the things you have in mind for us.