• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Automata Generator Requests

Started by Swamper77, July 21, 2007, 02:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swamper77

It has come to my attention that generator lots are a popular idea lately. I'm opening this thread so you can request a specific type of automata generator. I will update this post as I release them.

Passenger and Freight Train Generators
Freight Truck Generator

-Swamper77
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

FromTheAshes

Hi, I already told you, that a boat generator would be very cool!  ;)
Visit Vorsfelde.

metasmurf

A truck generator is really needed IMO.

snickm

I agree with metasmurf about the trucks.  Is this also feasible for airplanes?

Swamper77

The aircraft one may be a little tricker to do. Same with the watercraft. These sets of vehicles appear to be controlled by the game's EffectsDirectory, but I will see what I can do about making generators for these. They will require more work than road traffic automata. That much is certain.

Freight truck automata generators are easy to do so I will tackle that first. However, I cannot control which way they will travel on the roadways, so they will be able to go both ways on a road/street.

-Swamper77
Pagan and Proud!

flexxmatthews

As I said in response to the release of your recent train automata releases.... &apls &apls &apls Kudos.... I also am interested in other types of automata to put into my cities like truck, air and water...I will be supporting and anxiously awaiting anything you develop. Thanks so much again for your devoted attention to this aspect of the game. :thumbsup:

Ennedi

We met first time at the sea theme and today I will stay with it. My present request is

More realistic ferries

In - game ferries are very small and unrealistic, see below

Of course their size depends on the size of ferry ports - they are quite small too (except the Somy's one, but it is only a landmark)
But I think it would be great to use the Jeronij's ferry:

Transmediterranea ferries are very popular on the Mediterranean sea and they are medium - sized. Not as big as P&O and scandinavian giants, and not too small. I think they are very good in this case.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Swamper77

Ennedi,

Unless I get either a GMAX or 3DS file of that ferry model, I can't do anything to make that into automata. I need the source files the creator used in order to make an automata model of it. I will keep it in mind for later

BTW, this thread is for requesting automata generators, not actual automata. ;)

-Swamper77
Pagan and Proud!

Ennedi

Sorry for the mistake, Swamper!  ::)

About ferries - I think I will PM to Jeronij later and ask for his permission. Maybe you will have some time for it in future  :)
New Horizons Productions
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Glenni

the thing is ennedi, the standard ferries are perfect for the ferry ports in game, because well, they're small, and for local areas. if you want bigger ferries you'd also need a bigger port for realism's sake. ;)

And speaking of Scandinavian giants...

here's one of the ferries from my local area, made to cross a fjord here in 20 mins.
Faster than the old types, and also more enviormentally friendly, as it's powered by natural gas (LNG) rather than diesel or petrol.

Ennedi

I have two propositions (I hope they are simple):

1. Paraglides generator. I saw them many times at the seashore - I think the default marina generates them (?), but never have seen paraglides over mountains and it would be great.

2. Seagulls generator - transparent base, it would be very nice to put it on the cliff (this is their homeplace). Now seagulls are connected with some beaches (also some ships)
New Horizons Productions

Dark_Jedi06

Wow...I love the train generator! :thumbsup: It took me a while to figure out that it was in the train menu and not the park menu... :'(

How about whipping up a GLR generator? :P
...this space to be filled soon...

Emperor Stormont

@ Jedi......totally agree

would love to see my GLR busy and alive

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

snickm

I also agree about the GLR.  Would be a nice addition.

vester

Wonder if this is possible.

Working on some trains, three different types, and it would be could if they could spawn from different stations ?
Can this be done with cars (carriages) after the engine ?

Swamper77

Ennedi: The hang gliders are controlled by an effect prop. The prop is called "Effect_HangGlider" and all it needs is to be placed on a lot. The seagulls are controlled in the same manner with the prop "Effect_Seagulls". I will see about doing this for you.

@Dark Jedi: Sorry about the placement of the lot. I said it was in the Rail Menu in the description ;) A GLR generator could be done. Are you looking for a whole train or just single units?

@Vester: I could set the engines to spawn from different stations, but probably not the cars. Since all cars of a particular train type (passenger, elevated/GLR, monorail, freight) are of the same class type, they would be mixed together. GoaSkin tried this awhile back with trying to define a commuter rail train that would appear within cities only, but it did not work as intended. I will see what I can do though with the scripting routines that I can write.

-Swamper77
Pagan and Proud!

Emperor Stormont

I know the question was put to Jedi.... personally I would like to see whole trains on the GLR line  ;)

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

Dark_Jedi06

Whole trains are better then the single unit trams. ;D
...this space to be filled soon...

vester

Thanks Jan. Maybe have Daeley give you hand ?

Travis

Quote from: Ennedi on July 23, 2007, 01:08:00 PMI have two propositions (I hope they are simple):

1. Paraglides generator. I saw them many times at the seashore - I think the default marina generates them (?), but never have seen paraglides over mountains and it would be great.

2. Seagulls generator - transparent base, it would be very nice to put it on the cliff (this is their homeplace). Now seagulls are connected with some beaches (also some ships)

Done! Both lots are attached below...
Both have a transparent base, by the way.  :)

Remember to read the read-me!