• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Released: Tsing Ma Bridge

Started by jeronij, April 09, 2007, 10:57:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommy7777

Could it be the lighting that is blocking it from using it

jeronij

I dont think so.... do you have the latest NAM version installed and working?¿
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Toichus Maximus

I've actually been having the same problem with nearly all of my custom bridges. I haven't figured out how to fix it yet, but I do know my bridge controller is fully updated.

jeronij

Please, make sure you dont have any duplicated file, or any old bridges controller file installed, which loads after the NAM.
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Tommy7777

I' confused. Okay, what should I look for in my plugins folder, and take out to fix the bridge. I have had this problem with other NAM bridges, they would work, then dissapear, and I just reinstall them to see them again. But not for this bridge. I can't see it at all in the game. I really want this bridge. Please Please Help! Thanks.

CasperVg

This bridge needs a very long span in order to be seen; make sure the gap you are trying to place the bridge over is large enough.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

HandsOn

Quote from: Tommy7777 on June 21, 2008, 06:30:13 AM
I' confused. Okay, what should I look for in my plugins folder, and take out to fix the bridge. I have had this problem with other NAM bridges, they would work, then dissapear, and I just reinstall them to see them again. But not for this bridge. I can't see it at all in the game. I really want this bridge. Please Please Help! Thanks.
Tommy, let's go about this methodically:

• First off, as Caspar said, this one needs a very wide span. In fact, each of the bridges need the gap to be at a certain minimum before they show up in the selection window. Thus it might help if you, just to indulge me, selected a different bridge and then posted a picture here so we can see what we're dealing with.
  • Next, take a look at your Network Addons Mod folder. The Bridge Controller DAT file should have a date of 21 April 2008.
  • Finally, take a look at all the bridges listed in a subfolder there, called Additional Bridges. The working TM Bridge I have is dated June 3rd, 2007 and "weighs" in at 3,337 KB. If yours is of an earlier date, you ought to re-download the latest from the LEX.
Once we have that info, let's see where we can go next.

There are no problems - only solutions..  ::)

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook

Dethsrow

Hey Jeronij, Dethsrow here i just have to say first of all this rocks as many of your other projects do. second i would like to ask since you make bridges, would you be interested in recreating bridges in NYC? I am trying to recreate NYC and it would be a blast to have these bridges.

threestooges

Welcome to SC4D Dethsrow. It may seem like a daunting task to learn to BAT, but I recommend you give it a try. New York Style bridges sound like great additions, and I may try one or two myself at some point in the future, but the number of bridge builders is presently small (and most have their own projects in the works at the moment). If you are interested in learning, or giving it a shot, an excellent BAT tutorial can be found here and Jeronij made an excellent tutorial showing how to turn yout models into bridges. We're here to help you too if you need it. Again, welcome to SC4D, and enjoy your time here.

choco

if you should decide to try Dethsrow, I'll be more than glad to help ya along the way  :) (i only picked up the BAT June last year).  we need a couple more bridge builders around to keep up the amount of new network stuff in the NAM.....

blaza6925

I am dying here! I have tried everything to get this bridge, and the Akashi Kaikyo Bridge, to work! Not matter what I do, neither bridge appears in my game. I have tried re-loading the game, re-downloading the bridges, I have every update for the game, I have made sure the area is long enough for the bridges, I have the latest NAM and I have used the NAM essential to update the bridge controller, and the bridges still don't appear! I need help!
We build structures of steel and concrete with the most sophisticated technology the World has ever seen, but we have yet to unlock the ways the ancients built structures of stone with their hands.

Andreas

Did you use the correct network (I think elevated highways)? Also, is the bridge span wide enough? The bridge only appears in the bridge selection menu if there's enough room between the shores.
Andreas

jeronij

Temporarily rename your plugins folder. Create a new empty one. Install only the files needed to draw the briges (that's the NAM and the bridges themselves) and try. If it works, then you  have some old file which is corrupting your NAM when you load the game. Find and remove it and you are done ;)

I hope this helps (at least to discard a reason  ;D )

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Tommy7777

Okay, here's the deal. I have other NAM bridges installed, and the work fine, then I have a few that appear once, then disapear, then I have bridges that don't show up at all.

Kitsune

Any chance of this being retextured for the RHW? We could use a good suspension bridge...
~ NAM Team Member

choco

;)

edit:

i should expand a bit :)

there may be a small problem with pathing.  maxis assumed when writing the game that any 2-tile networks would have traffic traveling in opposite direction on each side of the bridge.  the exemplar, by default, rotates the repeat piece (16x16) 180 degrees for the other side, which reverses the paths.  any RHW8/10 bridges need to overcome this issue, since they're essentially 2-tile one-way bridges.....i think it can be dealt with in the RULs, so it may not be a big issue at all.  &mmm

i am actively looking for a solution though, to finish the arch bridge that i posted in my thread.     

blaza6925

jeronij, Thank you so much for your advice. I followed you instructions and now my cities finally have the beautiful looking bridges that they deserve. Thanks again for your help, and thanks for you beautiful creation. Keep up the good work!
We build structures of steel and concrete with the most sophisticated technology the World has ever seen, but we have yet to unlock the ways the ancients built structures of stone with their hands.

Tommy7777

Hey, any way you could tell me what you removed? I am wondering now because I think I might have the same problem as you did.

Edit: I have sucessfully gotten the bridge to work. I also may have came up with a solution. I copied and pasted my NAM folder from my plugin (renamed folder) to my plugins folder and and ran SC4. No luck. I then uninstalled NAM and reinstalled it, as well as a few bridges. It worked. So now, I am happy.

jeronij

I should have said: "(that's the NAM, a fresh copy of course, and the bridges themselves)"  ::)

I am glad you both got it to work  :thumbsup:

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Tommy7777

Yeah everything works now and I am happy. And I have to say thats a cool bridge too. I really appreciate the help everyone, thanks.