• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

dsrwhat316's (Dan's) Fabled Lots: 12/3- Pier 5

Started by dsrwhat316, April 27, 2008, 11:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kimcar

&apls &apls Excellent work that you have done. You got a great skill. have fun  :thumbsup:

dsrwhat316

I need YOU!
I thought I'd try this out; let's here suggestions for lots that you'd like to see me create! Please limit one request per person and also try to be patient; I don't have too much free time as of late to use the LE or play SC4. After I churn out a few to people's liking, I'll open a LEX Candidacy Thread to hopefully start uploading to the LEX. Let's hear (or see) your suggestions!

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

sithlrd98

Its amazing what you find when just looking through the forums , I'm sorry to have just now seen this! I like that train station lot!  Keep em coming!

Jayson

dsrwhat316

Harbor LOTs
I think it's time to revive this thread in a big way. I'm working on my biggest and most time-consuming project yet; LEing an entire harbor and port! I just updated my MD, showcasing a small portion of what has been completed thus far.

Pier 3

This is one of five piers that will be a part of the harbor. Stay tuned as more of these piers are completed!

~ Dan

Pat

Dan that is the most amazing thing I have ever seen ever!!! WOW

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

SpilltMilk

Where in the world did you get the diagonal street texture?  :-\
Lacoste Levi*s Converse Nautica
<A HREF=http://www.userbars.com>

Graffitti Family Guy South Park Polo
These are a few of my favorite things!

dsrwhat316

The Aquarium
@ SpilltMilk: The diagonal street texture can be found in the SFBT Essentials on the LEX. If you have this already, make sure you have the update version from July 2008. That took a while to find!

Okay, now down to business. Here's a riddle for you; what happens when you combine these lots?

You get this:

More to come...

Pat

Dan wow that is amazing stuff there with aquarium!!!  Yea know what that is one thing I never been able do is create water lots...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

chibytuga

Wow, this stuff is amazing. Even if I had enough time to do that, I probably wouldn't have the patience, or the LE skill (or the patience to develop the LE skill  :D )

Reminds me of Baltimore's Inner Harbor.

dsrwhat316

Thanks for your interest, guys! I bring you a small update today, just another pier lot; nothing overly fancy:

Put them together and you get this:

I'll be back with more!

~ Dan

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

kimcar

&apls &apls Yeap excellent lotting . Great design that you have done with the bridge

warconstruct

Province of Acadia since 2020
Province of Zillerthal (2014)
Port Aux Captes (2009-2011)
Province of Trieste (2006-2010)
Since SC4D 2007-2022

newsimaddict

Nothing overly fancy? Ha, wish I could lot like you do! (I never knew you could make triangular shaped lots like that in LE)
Fantastic work here - you can see that you put a lot of work into it - can't wait to see more. btw i love the wooden deck texture you are using for the piers - are they your own?

rushman5

Yea, reminds me like a LOT of my hometown.  Looks very nice, and very detailed.  No worries about not filling in every pixel with a prop, the open space looks very livable

Pat

Dan I have always loved your work and this is no exception!!! Simply wonderful man!! We really need to get you released  ;)

metarvo

This is definitely lotting at its finest, Dan.  Judging by that first pic in your last post in this topic, I would say that you have spent a great amount of time and effort on this, and this kind of dedication clearly has its rewards.

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

dsrwhat316

Pier 5
Geez, I should really update this more often  $%Grinno$%!

Okay, here's what's been cooking in the Lot Editor as of late. Here's the breakdown for my latest LE project, Pier 5:

Here we have an outdated bus station in the upper left corner of the lot

Construction of the new bus terminal and existing parking garage

The Pier Hotel and surrounding restaurants

From the top: The historical ferry terminal, a local tavern/restaurant, assorted shops and stores, and the old Coast Guard station

Put these puzzle lots together and you get this:

Click on the pic for full resolution (4738x1724 pixels)!

This should suffice, for now... Enjoy!

~ Dan