• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

dsrwhat316's (Dan's) Fabled Lots: 12/3- Pier 5

Started by dsrwhat316, April 27, 2008, 11:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsrwhat316

It's time I showcased some of my custom lots I have created for my cities. Most of these lots are not available for download, as the dependency list for most of them are just too great. The main purpose of this thread is to (hopefully) inspire some fellow players to use their imaginations and create awe-inspiring lots. Enough jaw-jacking, let's see the lots!

Lot #1

Yep, it is transit-enabled  ;D

And the area the lot was intended for.

Only one lot for tonight; kinda getting late out here. I'll post up a couple more tomorrow. Let me know what ya'll think!

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

girlfromverona

That's a cool idea. I might have to try it for myself. :)

bat

Great work on these lots! Looking forward to more of it!

dsrwhat316

girlfromverona: Glad you liked it!
bat: Thanks, my friend; always glad to have your support!

Well, as promised, here are some more lots by me:

Lot 2

Lot 3

Lot 4

Here's a shot of lots 2, 3 and 4 in their proper places:

Lot 5

These lots are somewhat simple and mediocre; I should have some better ones up by the end of the week. Enjoy!

~ Dan

Pat

Dan this is just wonderful, your lots are perfect!!!!  :thumbsup: &apls

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

ky72x

Simple?  Mediocre?  Now now Dan, I think you shouldn't be so hard on your lots.  Seriously, they are all awesome!  They spruce up your cities (or just Aurora  :P) very nicely.  &apls

Among the showcased lots, I'd have to say that the tree-lined street is my favorite.  The 2x5 plaza comes at a close second, though.  You should really consider uploading these lots to the LEX or STEX.  ;) Even if you don't, I'm glad that you're showcasing this greatness.  Keep up the excellent LE work!  :thumbsup:

- Kyle

CasperVg

That's just splendid! Great work, I hope you'll continue lotting!  :thumbsup:
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

girlfromverona

I love how integrated all your lots are. Look forward to seeing more.  :D

Can anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial on how to transit enable lots? I found one on the Stex, but the link wasn't working. I'd really like to make my own tree lined streets, etc.

ETA: Don't worry - I found one! http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=539.0

Pat

Hey Dan I would like to make the public announcement in welcoming you to BLaM!!! Congrats on being a newest member to the team M8!!!

Looking forward to working with you!!!

&apls &apls &apls &apls

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

JoeST

Well done on getting into the BLaM...

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Pat Riot

Congrats. Could you please send me the first lot you showcased, I don't think it would hurt to showcase some AU talent around the stadium that will be hosting Adriovision VIII: Elsbury  ;)

dsrwhat316

^^^ I'll do just that as soon as I figure out how to do it! I'll also do it when I'm not bogged down by RL events going on.

~ Dan

dsrwhat316

Pat: Wonderful: yes. Perfect: nah... one of my faults is that I use too many prop packs which creates a lot of dependencies. I'll try and consolidate the use of packs in the future.
ky72x: Heh, yeah, I only have used those lots in Aurora. I am working on getting some lots released, but it'll take some time.
caspervg: Ever since I started playing SC4, I've used custom lots of my own. Just now they are a lot more detailed.
girlfromverona: Thanks; they were created for one specific area, so it was easy to integrate them. I'd like to see what you'll create!
Pat: Thanks for the welcome! This is a very exciting opportunity and I hope to make the most out of it!
star.torturer: Thanks, Joe!
Pat Riot: See my post above for your answer. Apologies for the double-posting!

Lot 6

This is a new lot created for Aurora's Train Station.

This is the original shot of the area. A bit dull for my taste.

Now here's the same area with the new lot. Much more vibrant now, right?

That's all I have for today; haven't been lotting much this past week or so. After my b-day tomorrow, I should have plenty of time to start lotting again. Until then...

~ Dan

CasperVg

Oh, I really like that one, splendid work!
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Pat

:thumbsup: Dan those are sweet!!! Lemme know if you neeed any help bud or post over at SC if I cant and anther team mate will be happy to help out....

dsrwhat316

Sorry for my inactivity here at BLaM. Due to the fact my hard drive decided to die on me, I lost all of the previously showcased lots. I am currently working on making some dependency-friendly lots (most of my lots feature five or more prop packs; too much for a sensible release).

Once that is solved, I will try and get some lots released, though I'll have to ask around as to how, since I have no clue on these matters. So, stay tuned...

~ Dan

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Pat

Dan no problem there at all in how to get them released, will help you step by step...

Simpson

Congratulation for all of your work on the LE my friend   ;)
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Fatsuhono

I love these lots you're making! Did you BAT some of the props for a lot?