• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Seraf's NYBT BATs

Started by seraf, July 21, 2014, 11:47:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

romualdillo

I guess the only way to make that work is adjusting the LOD to the different elements on the roof as much as possible. LOD's texture is an image put directly on its geometry, so everything behind will be rendered as part of the top...

A bit rough, but that's what the game reads as top texture literally... The wall is part of the texture

seraf

I'm afraid the LOD will be too complicated then... doesn't it cause glitches when LODs are too complicated? I think I remember reading something about that...

romualdillo

I don't know, but maybe...  Perhaps if you make the main LOD just the same height of the perimeter walls and two or three boxes for the big chimney and the two sheds, you can solve it withou doing a too complicated lod... You don't need to make special forms for the other chimneys or the skylight as they don't stand out of the building... Even the statues may not need anything special if the main LOD includes the outer ballustrade at street level...  :-\

seraf

romualdillo - Thank you for your help :) I decided to render it as a one piece after all, it's already available for download, I will release the townhouses tomorrow :)

reddonquixote

Great work. I don't see a need to render as separate props, they all look great together, why bother?  $%Grinno$%

Am I seeing blurry outputs though? I have noticed blurriness on my most recent exports as well, and have tried increasing the sample size. Its a bit of a shame because the original renders were so nice and crisp - but its not enough to bother re-doing..
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

seraf

Quote from: reddonquixote on July 21, 2017, 07:07:56 AM
Great work. I don't see a need to render as separate props, they all look great together, why bother?  $%Grinno$%

Am I seeing blurry outputs though? I have noticed blurriness on my most recent exports as well, and have tried increasing the sample size. Its a bit of a shame because the original renders were so nice and crisp - but its not enough to bother re-doing..

Thanks reddon :) I just thought that since those were separate buildings I would render them as two separate BATs ;) The image above was blurred probably because it was a preview from LOT editor, the rendered building in game looks ok :)

RL is keeping me busy but I managed to get some work done on Pennsylvania Station, I had to re-model some objects because when I opened up the scene after a long break I was like - "what a mess..." (I'm sure some BATers know what I'm talking about  $%Grinno$% ). Anyway, the modeling is mostly done, apart from concourse roof, and I started working on textures - I think I will desaturate them to make them more whitish instead of beige. I'm not entirely sure about the hue of flat roofs too (maybe I should make them more black than brown?).

Simmer2

No need to change the brown roof color. Just make it a bit darker.
Can't wait to get my hands on that station, lotting it will be a pleasure.

Great model &apls &apls

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

Allein

Great  &apls

What will be its footprint ? 15x9 ? 16x9 ?

kelis

Fantastic model !! Can't wait to see the final version  &apls &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

reddonquixote

Its looking amazing.  &apls &apls

I'm really impressed at how you have managed such a faithful recreation even though its been demolished. I'm enjoying watching it progress  :thumbsup:
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

Unconstantean

Such an amazing building. Can't wait to have it in my city :D

deora

Dang,i really miss playing Simcity 4.Haven`t touched it in Ages but seing your amazing Work makes me want to fire it up again.
Your classic Penn Station looks mindblowing.
The funny Thing is that some small Elements of the old Penn Station still survived today and can be seen with an open Eye and an open Mind.
Keep those marvelous BATs coming.

seraf

I can't believe it been 7 months since I last posted here  :o Well, my only excuse guys is that studies take a lot of my time...

Thank you for your comments;

A. Gates - Thank you, If I remember correctly - 16x9.

reddonquixote - Thank you! Sometimes it seems to me that I'm spending more time on looking at photos trying to figure out how this and this part of the building looked like than actually modeling it  :D

deora - Tell me about it, I promised myself that once semester ends I will work more on my BATs  :D

Ok, so... I'm still working on Penn Station, namely - on the concourse roof. But I also wanted to finish some of my older BATs (don't even ask how many of them are there...) because working on such a big BAT...well, it gets monotonous. So here it is, I started it in ... 2015 I think? It still needs materials but apart from small fixes the modeling part is done:

55 Wall Street:

mattb325

55 Wall St looks stunning! Even without textures, it'll be great to have some more angled bats in game  :)

AsimPika3172

Nice building Seraf! Waiting for final update before released.... SOON™!!!  :thumbsup: &apls :bnn:
I loves Sim City forever!

vinlabsc3k

Great buildings and projects!! :thumbsup:
I hope that you will release the last one as FAR compatible! :bnn:
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

PaPa-J

Nice looking BAT. Can't wait to see how you texture it.
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

reddonquixote

Very nice. Beaux Arts + angled walls =  :'( but you have done a great job with it as always. Great to see you back  :thumbsup: