• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Aaron Graham's BATs

Started by Aaron Graham, February 28, 2011, 01:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Graham

Bipin- Thank you!!! :D

deora- You can look up the word parapet and look at some pictures. A parapet is a wall, balusters are railings with gaps like a fire escape.

Which roof you like better before I export, dwelln8hss32 & Girafe think I should change the look of the roof. :) Do you guys like this roof better now?

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

c.p.

I like the old roof slightly better, but it's hard to guess which version would look better in-game.  At any rate, the four variations are looking great. :thumbsup:

romualdillo

Everything looks great for me, but I prefer the first version, too.  &apls

Aaron Graham

c.p.- Thank you!!! :D

romualdillo- Thank you!!! :D

NYBT Barton Paul

Here's a picture in the game, I hope you guys like it. :)

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Bipin

Like it you ask? I love it!  &apls

metarvo

I haven't been able to be as active as I'd like to be the last few months, but I'm back and I'm glad to come back to such beautiful work.  As always, the variations get the most mileage possible out of an already good building design.  Keep it up, Aaron!

:thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Shroud

dwelln8hss32

QuoteWhich roof you like better before I export, dwelln8hss32 & Girafe think I should change the look of the roof. :) Do you guys like this roof better now?

I have to say I like the previous version better, it strikes me as more "natural" and weathered in comparison with the newer version, which appears to have less contrast. Maybe compare them side by side in game? It's a very subtle difference, in the end. They are all looking great!  :thumbsup:

Jake
All metropolitan dreams start somewhere... in the minds of many, in the feet of less, but in the hands and hearts of only few.

Aaron Graham

Bipin- Thank you!! :P

metarvo- Thank you!! :D

Shroud- Thank you!! :D

dwelln8hss32- Thank you!! :D

NYBT 243 Mount Eden Parkway (A SimCoug Request)

Here's a small building from The Bronx I hope you guys like it. This small detach building is three stories high and has a slope that lead to the back of the house with a garage in the back section to the basement. The lot size will be a 2x2 corner lot, I am thinking about a middle lot version so they can go in the middle of you city block.

Google Map Link:

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.843001,-73.907766,3a,75y,324.13h,85.46t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s9Qx3JpUVbNDX2zfvcc0KLw!2e0

deora

Yup, NYBT Barton Paul now looks 100 percent finished to me.
The modified roof texture looks better (at least i think...) and now the rof doesn`t look like the remains of the last Snow Storm.

Mount Eden Parkway looks very promising.We always need more rowhouses (even if they are detatched) and diversity.
I wonder if it would be possible to add two more lots to the shown "right corner" and the "middle piece (with the lower backyard going completely through from left to right...)"
How about a mirrored version of the "right piece" and maybe a ramp end piece where you can reach the deeper backyard via a sloped back street...
Just some ideas.
Are you also trying to incorporate the white "birdcage" balcony from one of the neighbors? ()what()

Aaron Graham

deora- Thank you, I'm going to add more houses to the lot and I have thinking about a mirrored models. The birdcage thing is something I have to think about. :)

vester- Thank you!!! :D

romualdillo- Thank you!! :D

Jack_wilds- Thank you!!! :D

carlfatal- Thank you!! :D

Here's an update on the row detached house, I still have more to do on the house but not a lot and then I can add textures . Most of you should know is that there will be three houses on the 2x2 lot. If I plan to make a 2x3 lot the lot will have five detached houses. I have been studying the lot set back rules and we all should know that wall to wall building should be 1.6 meters from the edge of the lot for the walls to line of with other batter buildings, this all ways made sense to use this because the early batters have used the practice/ rule to keep some sort of order, but for row houses detached and brownstone houses the rules are a little different. The rules for the row houses detached and brownstone house are different because the houses has stairs in front of them. If they only used the 1.6 meter setback rule the stairs that protrude from the building would end up on the sidewalk. It will make sense to make buildings like row detached houses and brownstones 1.6 meter plus another 1.6 meters from the edge of the lot, this will equal to 3.2 meters from edge of the lot, this also make it where you can have a protruding stoops and a small garden next to the stoops. It is possible to go farther back but it depends on the real life building, so what I plan to do is to make the set back for this building 3.2 meters from the edge of the lot. I am thinking about making mirror models on the row houses. Thinking in the future for the project is mind blowing. I may have to make up to 20 row houses. :O

Update

Future Look At The Lot Different Sizes 2x2 2x3 and maybe 3x2

Perspective Render

metarvo

This looks like it is shaping up to be a fine building.  The windows and the intricate details on the walls add a nice flavor.  If I know you, each row house on the lot will likely end up different from each other one (unless SimCoug wants them all to look exactly the same).  Good work!

:thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

deora

Did you hear my high pitched squeeing noise of joy?
The details are mind boggleing,you even made those little rhombus shaped button thingies on the cornice (not sure if this can be called a cornice,but you know what i mean)
The idea about making 2x2, 2x3 and 3x2 lots sounds great.In this particular area,these houses don`t seem to be very common but i guess in other New York areas these might fill whole street blocks.
metarvo:Well,i guess they were once all looking the same but changed after several decades (hehe,like houses constructed in a factory on an assembly belt and then stacked up in a large warehouse....okay we need 20 of those...aand 15 from this model... :-\)

Aaron You`re right,that balcony thing looks weird,that pour grund level facade,destroyed and replaced by generic brick and two stupid windows...

I wonder if thee are floor plans floating around somewhere for these houses.I really would love to replicate them in y Sims 2 Game... :bnn:

vester

Looks like you are off with great start  :thumbsup:

romualdillo

Aaron Graham

"NYBT Barton Paul" IS on STEX!!!: :O

http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/30118-nybt-barton-paul/

NYBT Barton Paul, by Aaron Graham

Credits

Aaron Graham- Building Creator/ Modder
cmdp123789- Growth Tester

I present you Barton Paul, Located in Bronx, New York City in the neighborhood called Mount Hope. This five story apartment was finished in 1955, the architect is Post-War. Barton Paul tile set is New York City. There are four bats/ Building models, each one has different brick color and each model has two wealth types R$ and R$$. This building is a (W2W) wall to wall corner building, this building will fit perfectly on the end of your city block. Barton Paul is a wonderful apartment for your Sims if they do not want to live in a high density area. Enjoy the upload!!

Here's the link to the architect's floor plan of Barton Paul.

http://nyre.cul.columbia.edu/projects/view/22716]nyre.cul.columbia.edu/projects/view/22706]http://nyre.cul.columbia.edu/projects/view/22716

Please Download Maxis Nite or Dark nite, if you download both please install the nite verion you use for your cities at night. If you install both and using the default path settings that's appled in the installer the installed model file will replace the model file that's in the plugins folder.

Dependencies

Check the STEX for Dependencies.

If anything is wrong with the links in this description or problems with the files please go to my Aaron Graham's NYBT Residential Thread thread to the last page and post your problem, or you can PM (Private Message) Me.     :D

Jack_wilds

THX Aaron... got mine... a very very good well done, high 5/5  :thumbsup: ... 
watching further developments -peering through the board wall knot hole,   :popcorn:

carlfatal

Aaron Graham

metarvo- There will be variations!!! :D

deora- Thank you, I can wait to finish the building to work on the lot.

vester- Thank you!!! :D

romualdillo- Thank you!! :D

Here's a small up date on the building next should be the nightlights and add some ac units in the windows.

Aaron Graham

NYBT Peter Stuyvesant

Here's a new building for you NYC fans, I needed to get back on Manhattan, because Aaron is one of the NYC apartments Kings for Sim City 4. :D

A question for you guys, do you know the name of the building to the right of Peter Stuyvesant in google maps, it was created by a NYBT member.

Google Map Link:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/210+E+15th+St,+New+York,+NY+10003/@40.733696,-73.98604,3a,75y,197.71h,105.63t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1skpxeYrNZeNo-SclXjwnDfA!2e0!4m2!3m1!1s0x89c2599f005f2577:0xf979b2ac4400bac

Floor Plan:
http://nyre.cul.columbia.edu/projects/view/16461