• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Diagonal Fillers no longer fill..

Started by HandsOn, April 17, 2008, 05:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HandsOn

I really appreciated the diagonal fillers you guys created and at first they did a creat job stuffing those ugly corners. Then I began to play with various slope mods, and I updated to CP Meadow Terrain 4.0. I no longer use the slope mods because they made things more difficult, but I retained, thus far terrain mod 4.0. Thus I guess tht to be the reason why the fillers no longer fill (see pic) - can that be confirmed? Or is there something else I ought to know?

And while I am at it - because it just happened to me: has there ever been a fix for the NAM-induced crashes when you accidentally hover, for example, a plaza tile over a transport (rail) modified piece?

Thanks, guys..

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook

j-dub

Hi, first off I have to ask, is this only happening to you on the rail network, and second, did you get the Alternate Rail Set before or after you got the diagonal fillers? It is in fact that mod causing this. I noticed where the missing fill is on your railway. Thats part of the rail tiles where there use to be corners, but the alternate rail set modded the textures on the diagonals, so in the end you now have no more corners,  and with no more corners, you have nothing to fill anymore, because your corners have been eliminated from the rail network with that mod. I like having that mod, because I don't have to worry about those corners next to the tracks, but as for these diagonal fillers, weren't they designed more for road type networks? Maybe if you had a picture of these in action there?

HandsOn

Actually I got the fillers after the Alternative Rail mod. And it happens everywhere, and it's only since the last two days. That's why I assumed that the update of the terrain mode might be the culprit. At any rate I am going to try it without the AR mod and will report shortly..thanks for the idea.

Andreas

IIRC, PEG's Alternate Railway Mod removes the brown dirt below the rail tracks, so the diagonal fillers are not "needed" for diagonal rail tracks. Also, remember to pick a filler lot with a matching texture (i. e. grass, dirt or concrete), and rotate it properly with the [Home] and [End] keys before you plop it. The latest version of the SFBT Essentials also include orange alignment props that show up when plopping the diagonal filler lots, but disappear afterwards. Usually, they should be oriented to the adjacent network, and on some lots, they indicate the position of the fence.

As for the NAM/Puzzle Piece crash bug, there's no fix - it's something EA would have to do.
Andreas

superhands

andreas, a small "kind of" related issue, with your wonderful rail texture mod, that iv'e already been grateful for,:)
the double rail diagonal texture is still maxis highlighted. any plan for an alteration?
sorry to be such a pain, also thought i'de post it here for troubleshooting ect :-[
david

HandsOn

Quote from: Andreas on April 18, 2008, 07:21:36 AM
IIRC, PEG's Alternate Railway Mod removes the brown dirt below the rail tracks, so the diagonal fillers are not "needed" for diagonal rail tracks. Also, remember to pick a filler lot with a matching texture (i. e. grass, dirt or concrete), and rotate it properly with the [Home] and [End] keys before you plop it. The latest version of the SFBT Essentials also include orange alignment props that show up when plopping the diagonal filler lots, but disappear afterwards. Usually, they should be oriented to the adjacent network, and on some lots, they indicate the position of the fence.

As for the NAM/Puzzle Piece crash bug, there's no fix - it's something EA would have to do.

Andreas,
Thanks for your time, but I do have the latest version, and at first it did it right, and could be used everywhere if the right lot was selected. It neatly filled in diagonal street or road corners, too. Very impressive. It's just that it stopped doing that suddenly, and I always like to know why..  $%Grinno$%

Andreas

@HandsOn: Maybe if you post a few more pictures of the issue, we can see whe problem is?!

@bighead99999: I'm pretty sure that I included that texture, since I noticed that problem as well during my beta test. Make sure that my Rail Texture Mod is loaded after the NAM, but before the Euro Road Textures Mod. Maybe I wasn't too clear about that in the readme file, sorry for the confusion.
Andreas

HandsOn

Quote from: Andreas on April 18, 2008, 11:45:42 AM
@HandsOn: Maybe if you post a few more pictures of the issue, we can see whe problem is?!

@bighead99999: I'm pretty sure that I included that texture, since I noticed that problem as well during my beta test. Make sure that my Rail Texture Mod is loaded after the NAM, but before the Euro Road Textures Mod. Maybe I wasn't too clear about that in the readme file, sorry for the confusion.

Will do shotrly, Andreas. Derzeit schlag ich mich mit dem LE in den fruehen Ruhestand..!! Verdamt noch mal - der kan ja gar nichts!! Sorry, did not want to rant in the lingua franca..

Andreas

Du solltest mit solchen Schimpftiraden aufpassen - hier treiben sich auch Mods mit Deutschkenntnissen herum. ;)
Andreas

HandsOn

Quote from: Andreas on April 18, 2008, 02:30:31 PM
Du solltest mit solchen Schimpftiraden aufpassen - hier treiben sich auch Mods mit Deutschkenntnissen herum. ;)
Oy veh - is no language save anymore? BTW - is there a SC4Tool thread somewhere? Because my JIT just caught out SC4Tool when saving a lot..

Andreas

Andreas

HandsOn

Quote from: Andreas on April 18, 2008, 11:45:42 AM

Ok, found out where the problem lies: after I removed  :'( Enneni's otherwise excellent slope mod the diagonal filler's fill again! Pity, though..