• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmdude1

those photos are great, they seem so peaceful.  may i ask what kind of camera you have?  is it just a normal camera or is it higher quality?
the tree branches in the clear blue sky and the red barn pic are my favs. love 'em.

looking forward to another 3RR birthday!

girlfromverona

You live in a truly stunning part of the world, David. I admit I am a little jealous...

Last winter we had snow here in Wellington for the first time in years. It was gone within a few days but it was still a thrill! I'm hoping it happens again this year but the odds are against it. &mmm

catty

Quote from: girlfromverona on March 08, 2012, 02:05:14 AM
...Last winter we had snow here in Wellington for the first time in years. It was gone within a few days but it was still a thrill! ...

and a bit of a shock as well  ... got plenty of wood for the coming winter in case it does it again   ;D
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

metarvo

Well, I guess the lower 48 lost out on snow this year.  They're saying it's been the warmest winter in years, and the wind-driven wildfires are already starting in my state.  I'm already seeing blooms and green leaves on the trees, and it's not even spring yet!  The 3RR snow pics are nothing short of beautiful, though.

I'm sure this will be a party that we'll never forget.  With all of the TTR/DTR-W development, I predict we might get to climb aboard before too long.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

mike3775

Quote from: metarvo on March 08, 2012, 05:20:12 AM
Well, I guess the lower 48 lost out on snow this year.  They're saying it's been the warmest winter in years...

In some ways after last year, this year was a blessing.  My area last year received the most snowfall in one season in over 35 yrs, straining most city and town budgets because of plowing and salting costs, plus the price of road salt jumped big time due to a shortage.  Last year, my area recieved 30 inches more than average, this year, we are well below average and have set numerous records for most days with above freezing temps(33+ degrees) and most 40+ degree days.  Yesterday and the day before, it was 68, 69(with high winds) here, and today its only going to be 45 and raining. 

I already put away all the snow clearing stuff, which means in the next couple weeks I am going to get hammered with a brutal winter storm  :)

I also cannot wait for these things to be released, its gonna be nice

metarvo

I suppose that's true.  :)  People have really been able to get out and enjoy the nice weather.  Ski resorts have taken a hit, though, and I hear that we're going to pay for it this summer when it gets super hot really fast and the water and electric bills skyrocket due to drought and heat.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.

Silur

Hi, David ...
3RR have now "Read times" from 12 March 2006:
951 341 (on SC4 Devotion) + 105 448 (on Simtropolis) = 1 056 789  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

dedgren

The invitations are on the way out!  Here's yours.

I'm planning to be on throughout the day.  It's BYO beverage, but we'll have a great selection of 3RR beers and mixers for your pleasure.  Cake will be cyber-served.  There's a lot of stuff we have for you to have a look at, and towards the end there'll be a big announcement or two about some things you might find of interest.  I'm hoping that every 3RR Regular* will join in the conversation and fun by posting, and that we'll see many former lurkers join the ranks.

We'll see.  My bet is on a great time for everyone!

David

* A 3RR Regular is a former lurker who saw the light by posting on 3RR either here at SC4D or over at 3RR-ST.

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

JoeST

Quote from: dedgren on March 08, 2012, 09:56:49 PM
It's BYO beverage, but we'll have a great selection of 3RR beers and mixers for your pleasure.  Cake will be cyber-served.
I hope Derry is on for brewing :D I'll bring a kettle just in case

CANT WAIT :D <3
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

metarvo

No offense to Derry, but I sort of prefer coffee.  ::)  Tea's OK, though.

mike3775

I have been told my margaritas are to die for.  Of course I no longer drink em(recovering alcoholic), but I can still make em  :)

QuotePeople have really been able to get out and enjoy the nice weather.  Ski resorts have taken a hit, though, and I hear that we're going to pay for it this summer when it gets super hot really fast and the water and electric bills skyrocket due to drought and heat.

That is so very true.  I was disappointed that I only got to play with the snowmobile(and pulling the kids on inner tubes behind it) a couple times this year(both times we got enough snow to use it, we got 1 day out of it before the snow started melting), and I can only imagine what the summer is going to be like.  Last summer wasn't that bad here(we only hit 90 5 times) but we had craploads of high humidity days where even 80 felt uncomfortable. 

pvarcoe

Hiya David

Thanks for the invite.
Sounds like good times, I'll be sure to drop around.

Phil

TheTeaCat

Don't worry I gone out and got a large catering kettle esp. for the day :D. Capacity 250 cups at a time.  :D Should be enough I think

I'll even purchase some coffee for those who need it :o
Chocolate too if that's your drink :thumbsup:

Not turn up to 3RR's Bday Bash  $%Grinno$% not me of course I'll be here ( well you got cake ;D)

Derry
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

noahclem

Thanks for the birthday wishes David! Very much appreciated  :thumbsup:

Off and on internet outages have kept me from replying previously when I tried but better late than never  ;D   And I'll certainly be around for the party to celebrate the birthday of 3RR! Should be a day to remember!

Beautiful pictures by the way. I love those mountains in the background--can I ask around how high they are?

Nardo69

Hi David!

I haven't shown your Alaska pics to my wife. She comes from the tiny hot part of Turkey and is freezing all over when temperature falls belwo 18°C ... We had -15 to -20°C with very little snow here this winter and she almost died because of the "cold" ...  :D

Six years - time is running quite fast ... or is it that we just got a bit old by now?

Take care my friend!

Bernhard :thumbsup:

mike3775

so 3RR is going to be 6 now?  3RR is officially a big boy now.  3RR gets to go to full day school(around here kindergarten is only half day) and the parents get a free taxpayer babysitter for 3RR.  Great times are ahead  :)

Ryan B.

I look forward to making an appearance at some point throughout the day!

Lowkee33

All I need is 100,000 views per day  :D

Those time outs really esqeued things, though I think Vortext is still a little late. :)

mike3775

Quote from: Lowkee33 on March 09, 2012, 07:55:19 PM
All I need is 100,000 views per day  :D

Get a bot to auto refresh every 2 seconds, you get it in no time   ;D

dedgren

Busy...busy...busy...

See you tomorrow!

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]