• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedgren

A week to go!

One of the things that's kept me off the radar the past few days (besides getting another TTR puzzle piece a day or so done) has been all the preparations for 3RR's 6th birthday, on the 12th of this month.  We're going to have a cyber-party here, with (hint, hint) gifts and a lot of good old 3RR fun to be had.  Everyone, of course, is invited- it will, I warn you in advance, though, be a No Lurkers day.  I hope to see most all the Regulars* show up at some time during the festivities.

To that end, I'll be emailing invitations to the first 100 3RR Regulars who are members in good standing here at SC4D.  These folks are

Acefanatic02
Air6
Ajax
Alek King of SC4
Alfred.Jones
Antoine
asturianu
Badsim
barnatom
bat
beskhu3epnm
BigSlark
Bishop Hawke
Bongoswimp
bulldog2010
CabraBuitre
Cali
cameron1991
chocolatemax
Craiggles
CrazyChickenSC12
Darmok
Eddie
Elektra
emilin
Enzo
exodus101
Flipside
Fred_Ginger
Gaston
Giligone
glepet
GMT
Grneyes
Heinz
hogs29
iamgoingtoeatyou
jacqulina
jeronij
jestarr
joelevan
kalanc69
keithsed
kimcar
Kokopelli
KooriSim123
krbe
kwakelaar
Livin in Sim
Low Light
LP_Green
M4346
mattb325
Meastro444
meinhosen
meldolion
Menotyou
metasmurf
mightygoose
mjig_dudy
nedalezz
NikNik
nova vesfalo
Owen Luby
Pat
petercintn
pickled_pig
purpledaddy
pvarcoe
Rayden
rw0381c
sandrasim1
Schulmanator
sebes
seemurray2
Serkanner
SgtJoeDes
Shadow Assassin
Silur
sim1234
SIMMANIA
stewart_garden
swi21
szarkoz
Tarkus
TheTeaCat
Thornton
threestooges
thundercrack83
tkirch
Traff
Travis
Unkles27
vab423
vegeman
wouanagaine
Yoman
your_adress_here
Zaphod

A lot of nics there bring a lump to my throat seeing them again- great folks!  A few have been here in the past several days.  Many, though, have not posted here or at SC4D in years.  I'm hoping with the invitations that a good number of early Regulars will show up.  If you are not on the list, though, don't worry.  You are just as invited, and are just as special.

I am doing my best to make it a day for all to remember.

David

* A 3RR Regular, of course, is anyone who has ever posted at least once in 3RR here or over at 3RR-ST.  See you at the party!

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

rooker1

I see some really good people on that list and it would be great to hear from them again.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

Battlecat

Great idea, I look forward to the 12th!

The DTRW is an unexpected bonus to this project.  I didn't see it coming but it looks very useful!  Love the three way switch a couple pages back as well!

kalanc69

David,

I'm looking forward to chatting with everyone again...it's been way too long!

Will12

Woo Hoo PARTY Time! Nice work on the RAM work! TTR, DTR-W can't wait!

bakerton

I will be there David. 6 years is a long time for a project like 3RR and I am glad that it is still around.JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

Gaston

Thanks for still including me my friend.    I did not get the e-mail.    :(   But I will still do my best to drop by.     &idea   Maybe I'll bring some chips and dip.    ;D

Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Grneyes

mike3775

Is this party going to be rated G(kid friendly) PG (no small kids should be around), PG-13(no non teens), or R?

We needs to know so we can BYOB the proper stuff   $%Grinno$%

girlfromverona

6 years! That is truly an amazing feat. &apls

Not sure if I'll be able to make the party, but I'll certainly try!

dedgren

Back from preparing for tomorrow's trial.  I threw my camera in the back seat, and shot a few pics that are all taken within a five minute drive of where I live.

We've had a lot of snow here this year in South-Central Alaska.

In Anchorage, which is south of my hometown of Wasilla, they are about five inches/12.5 centimeters short of the all time record of 132.8 inches/337.3 centimeters set back in the winter of 1954-55.  There's about 30 inches/.75 meter in my front yard right now.  And it's supposed to snow again on Friday.

We live at the base of the Knik River and Matanuska River valleys.  Less than 10 miles/16 kilometers away, winter will linger into June.  The road across Hatcher Pass, a little further to the north, will not be cleared of snow until early to mid-July.

Snowy mountains surround us here like the walls of some colossal castle.

The peaks stand like silent sentinels.

Trees give little hint now of the foliage that will burst forth from bud to leaf over a few days in May.

Our few farms also sleep peacefully under winter's blanket.

And if the moon knows that spring is around the corner, it isn't telling.

Six days until the party!  We'll almost certainly be halfway along our journey from 900,000 to a million page views before midnight tonight.

Don't fret if you are one of the first 100 3RR Regulars* and haven't received your email yet.  I'm still working on them.

More party info coming up, but the biggest part is a surprise.  See you there!

Noah (noahclem)!  Happy birthday from 3RR!

David

* A 3RR Regular is anyone like our great friend Al (Gaston) who has commented on 3RR here at SC4D or over at 3RR-ST at least once.

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Silur

Hi, David ....
Excellent and fantastic photos of nature ... &apls
Waiting 1 000 000  !!!

FrankU

We just crossed 950 000!  &apls

mike3775

I envy you David, actually getting snow when you are supposed to.

Connor

Beautiful pictures David. 1,000,000 views really is getting close now, and what an incredible feat that will be  &apls

Rayden

There was time I used to comment every single post of yours, sometimes more than once. But that doesn't mean I don't follow your thread all the time, and like now, and specially after posting that beautiful photos, I had to drop a few words. Of course I'll be here for the birthday bash and most likely I will comment again. :)

kbieniu7

Wow, what a marvelous landscape! Sometimes I wish, that someday I could visit Alaska  :D
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

gn_leugim

Trip to Alaska in the  "$Deal"$? * check :thumbsup:

dedgren

Just stopped in to let you know that we are down to

I'm on a break from trial.  I'll catch you up on some things after I get home this evening.

iPad and iPhone users: ios5.1 is out today.  Get ready for half your apps to be broken for a while.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

calibanX

A party eh? I'll be there David! And you mentioned a surprise. I love surprises. Really, we should be throwing you the party though. I wish we had some of that snow down here in Minnesota. I work at a country club with a golf course and we're talking about opening our driving range in a week.

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together