• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragonshardz

Restricted Area? what restricted area?  ;)

Pat

Hmmmm OK now im wondering what in the world is going on maybe its my curiouse nature that is getting the best of me here David but dang nabit i must know....  Anywho I will sit in my truck and wait!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

threestooges

Well, Tincup's history is interesting regardless of the location of that sign in the photo. It is an abandoned (ghost) town after all...

But if photography is prohibited...where'd the photo come from?

Finals are done and Justice Thomas was great. My uncle got his book signed, and I attempted to take a photo (which doesn't appear to have recorded on the camera for some reason) as they shook hands. But enough of that for now. Give Murphy a good pat/hug for me. Hope the vet visit was just routine. Talk to you later.
-Matt

dedgren

Well, well...

Looking east across Twin Glacier Valley, December 2007

There seems to be a bit of a buzz these past few days, and I'm really gratified that, almost a year after we got 3RR started here at SC4D, interest still seems pretty high.

Heather and I will be working pretty much nonstop starting this afternoon getting ready for our 3:00 a.m. trip to the airport tomorrow, where we'll be off to Helena, Montana to see the boys over the holidays.  The first day we're down there will be the 20th, which also happens to be a year to the day from my first post here.

Who knows what might be happening- you might want to stop by and take a look.

Take care.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Pat

David as long as you post here and keep working so hard we will always be here in our home 3RR!!! Im proud to be a native 3RR resident............

NB: David I forgot to wish you and Heather and the boys a very merry christmas!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

dragonshardz

Home is where the heart is, and my SC4 heart lives in 3RR. As long as we can count on another post from you, David, we are content. And when something happens and 3RR stops, we will salute you.

Anyway, have fun with your boys David. See ya whenever!

Jmouse

Best wishes to you and your family, including Murphy, for a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Just beware of conspiracy theories and you'll be fine! ;)

Until next time...
Joan

Bishop Hawke

Driving in down town Seattle yesterday I happen to notice a commerical truck that was stopped in from of me. The company that was on the back panel of the truck read "Three Rivers Plumbing and Fixtures".

David  you branching out?

Wished I could have gotten a picture of it for you.

threestooges

Well according to your last post, you should be in Montana by now. Hope all is well with you and your family. Congratulations on one full year here at SC4D (not surprising in the least). Unless you post before the 25th, Merry Christmas. Enjoy the holidays and relax with the family.

thundercrack83

Hello, David!

I hope that you and yours are doing well in Big Sky Country, and I wish you not only a Merry Christmas, but also a Happy 1st Birthday to 3RR! If the first year is any indication, we're in for one heck of a ride!

Take care, my friend!

Dustin

dedgren

I know I told everyone to take a look here today- it is 3RR's first anniversary on Jeronij's great SC4 site.

So have a piece of cake.

I think by this time pretty much everyone knows Heather and I have two very special kids, who live right now far away from us in Montana.  We get to visit them every three months or so, and hope that they will be coming home sometime in 2009 if all goes well.

There's Josh...

...and Tristen (here snoozing on Heather's shoulder).

3RR is dedicated to them- and so was today.  We went to their holiday program, among a bunch of other great activities.  As you can see, Tristen wasn't up to performing, but Josh shows promise as a 'Vegas-style belter.

So that's what we did today.  The big anniversary posts and announcements, despite my best intentions, are going to have to wait until the weekend.

...but they're coming- I promise!

Just a couple of asides.

-How do you figure out which way is north when you are in Helena?

Why, look for the Sleeping Giant on the horizon, of course.

-Bishop Hawke, my friend.  You and I were in Seattle at the same time!  I was out at the airport, where we'd flown in from Anchorage waiting on the flight to Helena.  Didn't see that truck, but I have been compiling a stack of amusing RL "Three Rivers" pics as I come across them on the web.  In any event, someone sent me this, for all you roadgeeks (me included).

The northern end of I-41... Who'd of thunk it?

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Silur

Hi, David ...
Best wishes with 3RR's first anniversary here.

bat

Also from me congrats on one year of 3RR here!!

meldolion

Happy anniversary of 3RR!!!!

And of course I send you my best wishes to you and your family David :)

Luca

Ryan B.

3RR DOT has something to add as well, based on the photo that David posted:

The Three Rivers Region Department of Transportation's Board of Trustees has hereby resolved to congratulate one David Edgren on one year of excellence with this project.  3RR DOT will also take this opportunity to designate a stretch of highway (which highway is yet to be determined) as the "Edgren Expressway".

From our family to yours, 3RR DOT wishes you the happiest and safest of holiday seasons.

Pat

David that is fantastic and I hope you, Heather, Tristen, and Josh are having a fun

mightygoose

jeez, there is more convincing evidence for the existence of 3RR than Idaho, you should submit an wikipedia entry... :P
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

dedgren

The long-awaited 3RR database is now online [linkie].

Here's the "places" part.

This will allow efficient completion of the Gazetteer- it's "one stop shopping" for a lot of info.  The elevations are the main remaining item to complete, as it takes a while to get them from the actual quads.  There's other data still to come as well, but that will go in more quickly.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Pat

Owen Luby

I haven't been in to visit 3RR for yonks...
Hope your Christmas is merry and your new year is happy!

::)wen
I want SC4 back!!