• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW-2 Textures

Started by Nique, January 21, 2009, 09:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Nique, as far as automatically adding props to the side of the road, the way to do that would be through Type21 exemplars.  Swamper77 did a tutorial, which you can find here.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Nique

Quote from: Tarkus on January 22, 2009, 11:10:42 PM
Nique, as far as automatically adding props to the side of the road, the way to do that would be through Type21 exemplars.  Swamper77 did a tutorial, which you can find here.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Cool, thank you.

I'm currently just doing this road to 'learn'. When i got this finished, i will look if i can do something more for international purpose) I think we shouldn't underestimate the RHW2 road. Such roads are very popular in less populated area's. Even it can handle a lot of traffic. I saw all the attention goes toe RHW4 and higher.

I have also a question about path's. I want to change the RHW4 -> RHW2 Transition path by switching the lanes to 'a more realistic' way. The right lane is mostly the lane for freight trucks and slower cars, but at the end on that transition they have to go to the 'faster' lane to merge on a RHW2 road.. and thats kinda weird ;)

(sorry for my English)

This is the closest i can get.. It seems that not only the gamma is weird, what about the 'hardness' of the picture. This ruins alot :P

Proudly developer of

Nique

Quote from: dedgren on January 22, 2009, 10:40:09 PM
As for the dashed lines between pieces- change every S3D subfile EXCEPT FOR THE PREVIEW S3D in the puzzle piece using the reader as shown in the pic below.

The properties screen to the right comes up under the "Mats" tab.  Starting from "Flags" down, every S3D Mats tab should look just like this.

The preview S3D can be recognized by its having multiple Mats entries.  It will likely also not have an IID ending in 0-4 or A-E.  In the above example, the preview S3D ends in 5.

This fix, which was developed by our great friend ebina, should solve the problem.

Hi,

I don't understand what you mean by this. I do not have S3D files for the RHW (only bridges) tiles
Proudly developer of

Swamper77

Nique,

Any of the textures you come across should maintain their ID's in future versions of the RHW. In the very early versions of the RHW, the texture ID's were scattered all over the place in random ranges. Since then, the NAM Team has grouped them together in specified ranges to keep like items together. For example, all the RHW2 textures for the drawn sections are in one range of ID's and all the draggable RHW4 is in another range of ID's. Alex has been making sure the ID's don't get changed much.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Nique

Quote from: Swamper77 on January 23, 2009, 01:14:05 AM
Nique,

Any of the textures you come across should maintain their ID's in future versions of the RHW. In the very early versions of the RHW, the texture ID's were scattered all over the place in random ranges. Since then, the NAM Team has grouped them together in specified ranges to keep like items together. For example, all the RHW2 textures for the drawn sections are in one range of ID's and all the draggable RHW4 is in another range of ID's. Alex has been making sure the ID's don't get changed much.

-Swamper

Okay, thats very good!

Who (from NAM team) does organizing this? There must be sort of a list or it will be terribly hard to work with :P Im looking for such a list.

For RHW2 i have done it like this::

RHW2 Double offramp  ( /|\ )
=====================================
-??????????- -0x5CEA050A- -??????????-
-??????????- -0x5CEA051A- -??????????-
-??????????- -0x5CEA052A- -??????????-
Proudly developer of

MandelSoft

Wow man, and I thought that there's no-one doing this! Sweet!

By the way, can you make a version without the green solid line? These are more regular here in Zuid-Holland.

Keep it up!
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Nique

Quote from: mrtnrln on January 23, 2009, 06:34:51 AM
Wow man, and I thought that there's no-one doing this! Sweet!

By the way, can you make a version without the green solid line? These are more regular here in Zuid-Holland.

Keep it up!
Maarten

Yes, it is possible,

in fact.. i used one PSD file to put all pieces in. I just have to make the 'green' line layer invisible, and voila, no green line ;) But first i finish this one. (by the way, they will make those green lines more often, also in south holland, just a matter of time).

I updated the texture's to make the sidelines more visible (not blurry anymore).. Still need to update 2 pieces although

EDIT: Ohh i see i made a mistake, the 'tiretracks' at the ramps are not very realistic as i used the dark texture to create the track :P .. omg i have to invert that.

(als je mij wilt helpen.. kan jij toevallig beetje 3d modellen maken? (sketchup ofzo), ik wil graag die kilometer paaltjes toevoegen.)
Proudly developer of

Jonathan

Wow your very good at making textures :thumbsup:

I'm not 100% sure but I think the RHW-2 IIDs are the same as the road except the first 2 numbers are 5E.

You can get a list of all the road textures in the reader by going to Tools then Texture Veiwer, and selecting a zoom and then Road on the left pane.
You can also right click these textures to save as a FSH file.

Jonathan

Nique

Quote from: Warrior on January 23, 2009, 08:53:28 AM
Wow your very good at making textures :thumbsup:

I'm not 100% sure but I think the RHW-2 IIDs are the same as the road except the first 2 numbers are 5E.

You can get a list of all the road textures in the reader by going to Tools then Texture Veiwer, and selecting a zoom and then Road on the left pane.
You can also right click these textures to save as a FSH file.

Jonathan

Thank you!,

Well i can only see the textures in Windows XP, and im running Vista. So i use 'sometimes' virtual pc to get in XP to view, but its very very anoying ;) besides that the loading time is huge.
Proudly developer of

Nique

Quote from: Warrior on January 23, 2009, 09:30:01 AM
I am running Vista and it works for me.

Jonathan

Yea but those are just maxis roads, cant see any RHW files in there.
Proudly developer of

Nique

Major changes at the Ramps.. New masks created & little texture improvements

Proudly developer of

dedgren

QuoteI don't understand what you mean by this. I do not have S3D files for the RHW (only bridges) tiles

Ahh- I see.  I read things too quickly and for some reason thought that you were creating "puzzle piece" ploppables.  So, never mind.  It looks like very nice work, though.  Good Luck!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Nique

Quote from: dedgren on January 23, 2009, 10:43:24 AM
Ahh- I see.  I read things too quickly and for some reason thought that you were creating "puzzle piece" ploppables.  So, never mind.  It looks like very nice work, though.  Good Luck!

David

Well, in the future i plan to make a longer ramp section for the RHW2, so the width of the ramp is 5 instead of three

⋅⋅↓↑⋅⋅
⋅↓↓↑↑⋅
⋅↓↓↑↑⋅
↓⋅↓↑⋅↑
↓⋅↓↑⋅↑

In this case the puzzle piece = 5 tiles width and 5 tiles long

And what about a 'one way' splitters for RHW2 that you can extend to a highway ramp?
Type A
↓⋅⋅↑
↓⋅⋅↑
↓↑
↓↑

Type B
↓⋅↑
↓⋅↑
↓↑
↓↑

Type C
↓⋅↑
↓⋅↑
↓↑
↓↑

About indexing the pieces: pieces i found so far:

Ramps

RHW2 Double Arm Ramps ( /|\ )
-??????????- -0x5CEA050A- -??????????-
-??????????- -0x5CEA051A- -??????????-
-??????????- -0x5CEA052A- -??????????-

Transitions

RHW2 => RHW4 ( |\ )
-0x5E140000- -0x5E140100-
-0x5E140010- -0x5E140110-
-0x5E140020- -0x5E140120-
-0x5E140030- -0x5E140130-
-0x5E140040- -0x5E140140-
------------ -0x5E140150-

RHW2 => RHW4 ( /| )
-0x5E140200- -0x5E140300-
-0x5E140210- -0x5E140310-
-0x5E140220- -0x5E140320-
-0x5E140230- -0x5E140330-
-0x5E140240- -0x5E140340-
-0x5E140250- ------------
Proudly developer of

MandelSoft

Quote from: Nique on January 23, 2009, 07:58:59 AM
(als je mij wilt helpen.. kan jij toevallig beetje 3d modellen maken? (sketchup ofzo), ik wil graag die kilometer paaltjes toevoegen.)

Tuurlijk!

I have made a lot of signs, so this shoulnd be that hard. Also T21-exemplars are my terrain.

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Nique

Teaser  :D (It's NOT finished yet).. just a lot of work done!

Proudly developer of

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Nique

More screens.. I'm almost finished with RHW2

Transition with normal Road:

Straight Piece (dashed):

Straight Piece (long line) _ no ID yet as this will be a cosmic piece!:

The RHW2 Double Sided Ramp:

My masterpiece so far, RHW2 to RHW4 transition (North to South):

RHW2 to RHW4 transition (South to North):
Proudly developer of

dedgren

Those are excellent textures.  Masterpiece, while often overused, is a perfect fit here.

Way to go, Nique!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

JoeST

yes indeed, they are very nice textures :)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms