• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

DAMN Manager

Started by Yild, November 11, 2012, 01:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernestmaxis

Do you have the simcity.exe also out of the App folder in c: programfiles/maxis/simcity/app folder?

Try to place it in de maxis/simcity folder so it is out of the app folder.
Hope it works

jschlegel48

Quote from: Ernestmaxis on January 18, 2017, 01:28:25 AM
Do you have the simcity.exe also out of the App folder in c: programfiles/maxis/simcity/app folder?

Try to place it in de maxis/simcity folder so it is out of the app folder.
Hope it works

Yes.  That's the first thing I did.

John

alice

I'm running a GOG version SC4 on a macOS Sierra using wineskin. The game, LotEditor and Reader work perfectly for me (except for loading s3d which conflicts with 3d rendering over OS X/*nix).
When I tried to run DAMN Manager in wine/wineskin I encountered the same problem as running over Windows: The Manager tool works well, but entering the game I got nothing but only the 3 buttons in the news. Even the buttons that supposed to be hidden in the vanilla sidebar are still there to be shown.

I have tested several times, such as using wineskin instead of wine, removing all DAMN directories and re-install DAMN, creating a soft link in the game's root directory pointing Apps/Sim City 4.exe ... , but nothing changed.
I also tried to pull the SimCity 4.exe off the Apps directory and relaunch a test, but the game crashed immediately.

Is there still a possibility to use DAMN in macOS/*nix?

Thank you!

scoty

Hello, as you can see in the picture, some icons in the DAMN menu (in the game) disappear! Of course, the icons exist (PNG in .sc4lot) and are visible everywhere else: in the DAMN manager, or in the game menus in "normal" mode (without DAMN) ...
The Exemplars of these Lots seem quite correct (in my opinion ;-)). I also looked at the Exemplar recreated by DAMN, and don't see what is going wrong!
Is this a DAMN bug? Have any of you encountered this problem and know a way to fix it?
... that's my pixel, click away!