• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Ben's Top Ten +10 @ SC4D

Started by benedict, January 03, 2012, 07:41:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schulmanator

I am pleasantly surprised to see that the NCR has showed up at all in the list, since it is so young still. Woo hoo! 72 this year and we'll work on topping that next year! :D
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Framly

Great work Ben! Looking forward to the Top10 :)

Thanks &apls

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

benedict

Hi, Schulmanator That's the benefit of the BTT formula - the new MDs can compete with the established ones.

Hi, Framly. Glad you like it - we'll get to the top 10 for year 6 next week.

The BTT thread recently passed 10,000 views - thanks, everyone, for making this endeavor a success!!!

It's Friday, so we'll take a break from the year's top MD and OSITM threads to bring you a contest update. These are the twenty MDs currently in contention for the big Birthday Month prize:

Alba Ceann mu Dheas by rambuckel
AntigOne's Project by Badsim
Casper's Portfolio
District of Wenzel by packersfan
Emerita Augusta by DebussyMan
Empire Bay by RickD
Federal Republic of Belleny by nas-t
Hiroshima region by art128
Holt District by sim_link
Med Inspirations by OI.S / Benoit
Mind Scape by rooker1
Nagagonia by nbvc
Pense by WannGLondon
Port St Claire by Swordmaster
Republic of Arinsia by feyss
Rondnoir by Framly
Schulmania: National Capital by Schulmanator
Siilijoki by noahclem
The Deltan Empire by apeguy
Windows on the World by kelis

Keep those updates coming, and good luck,

Have a great birthday month, everyone! :party:

Click on the banner to celebrate!

Schulmanator

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

sim_link

Wow, Holt District made it to the list. Cool. :) Congrats to all on the list, and good luck.

wallasey

I have a confession...never been on this thread before! Sorry!!

Thanks for your listing of Featherstall a page or so back! It's great to be recognized alongside some of the greatest MDs we have on SC4D.

The mosaic truly is a work of art and really does encapsulate what Sim City is. Great work there!

WannGLondon

Call me Warren.

benedict

Hi, Schulmanator No. Although when I think about the options - money in hand, vs sifting through all the MDs and entering all the data... hmmm....

Hi, sim_link. Good luck for the November contest.

Hi, wallasey. No problem, it isn't like this thread is required reading ;) Thanks - I'm glad you like the mosaic. In addition to what Sim City is, it is also a reflection of what SC4D is - when I look at all those images they are of a stunningly high quality - bordering on art in my opinion.

Hi, WannGLondon. Thanks for your comment.

Let's get back to the finale with numbers 51-60. More tomorrow!

Schulmanator

benedict

Hi, Schulmanator I am offended that you think I am that cheap! You'll just have to be happy to see Monkey Island at #41 for the year.

Today reveals the next ten on the year-end finale. At #43 is the first of several Hall of Fame MDs - Mind Scape.

Swordmaster

()what()

Didn't expect to see PSC on here! #45 is a stunning result for an MD started October 8th. Now the pressure's on me to keep it up

Thanks Ben!

Cheers
Willy

threestooges

Quote from: Swordmaster on November 20, 2012, 07:50:11 AM
()what()

Didn't expect to see PSC on here! #45 is a stunning result for an MD started October 8th. Now the pressure's on me to keep it up

Thanks Ben!

Cheers
Willy
Really fun seeing where all the MDs fall on the list. It'll also be fun seeing what you have in store Willy.
-Matt

sim_link

Quote from: benedict on November 20, 2012, 07:23:40 AM
Hi, Schulmanator I am offended that you think I am that cheap! You'll just have to be happy to see Monkey Island at #41 for the year.

Holt District would be happy to offer you a large piece of land which you could in turn sell... with property values rising it may be worth your while to bump us up. Drop us a line... :P
(jk for those who can't tell hehe)

Nice work, everyone. Always fun seeing who places where after a year of MDing! :)

benedict

Hi, Swordmaster Every MD and OSITM thread that made it into BTT +10 this year is on the list. Good luck for next year :)

Hi, threestooges. Thanks! I enjoy doing the end-of-year list like this - it is fun for me, too.

Hi, sim_link. You'll just have to be content with your spot for the year - I'm holding fast to the no bribery rule!

There are three Hall of Fame MDs today: Region of Pirgos (#32), Tales at TeaTime (#34), and Commonwealth of Marathon (#39).

Tales at TeaTime is the first of thirteen MDs on the list that reached number one this past year.

More tomorrow.

sunv123

Ah, now i am noticing some MDs that i have heard of. :) Also, i thought that only MDs could get in the list. ::) I need to know more about this. :D
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

benedict

Hi, sunv123 Every MD and OSITM thread that made it into BTT +10 this year is on the list. This includes some non-MD threads that were OSITM.

On today's portion of the year-end list there are three MDs clustered at #21-23 that hit number one: Santa Barbara County, Republic of Karasem, and Adara. Adara is also in the Hall of Fame. The Winding River Project (#26) is the highest ranked MD that didn't quite make it into the Top Ten, and BSC - VIP team is the highest non-MD thread at #30.

If you're in the US, have a great Thanksgiving.

RickD

Santa Barbara County on 21.  :o Wow.  :)

Thanks for this list, Ben.  :thumbsup:
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

kelis

You are doing an amazing job Ben, I like so much this BIG list. I can't wait to see the next positions  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Girafe

BSC - VIP team is the highest non-MD thread at #30.  ::)

Thanks a lot for this ranking really appreciated  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

vortext

Oh wow, this one month OSITM landed me at #47! Pretty cool.  :D

Awesome idea Ben and nice artwork too. Curious to learn who is #1.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana