• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Ben's Top Ten: Time Machine

Started by benedict, November 02, 2013, 09:57:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swordmaster

Another one of my favorites debuting here--Whitefall. Very good!

Thanks Ben.

Cheers
Willy

benedict

Hi, Swordmaster. I am always astounded at what people were creating more than 5 years ago. And there I am, trying to make my cities look good with no mods/cheats.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
The BTT SC4D birthday month celebrations continue with another trip in the Time Machine to 2007.

The Heartland is back at number one.

AntigOne's Project and AK's Custom Content Showcase are in.

Click on the banner to celebrate!

threestooges

I'd love to see some of your works around here Benedict. Perhaps then we'll see you on your own lists. I remember The Heartland by meinhosen. Wonderful MD. Sorry to see it trail off like it did so suddenly.
-Matt

Swordmaster

I second Matt's thoughts.

Well, not all of them of course; the ones regarding your work I mean.

Cheers
Willy

benedict

Hi, threestooges. My efforts in the MD area are very basic vanilla... not sure how well they fit in with the amazing aesthetic here.

Hi, Swordmaster. I'd much rather see more from Port St Claire :)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
It's the final day of the BTT SC4D birthday month celebrations, so here's another trip in the Time Machine to 2007.

A great way to end the month - AntigOne's Project is number one for the first time.

Whitefall, Alancy and The Imperial Republic of Elytheria are in.

I think I've managed to update one of the 2 BTT threads every day this month - now it's time for a break!

threestooges

One of my favorite MDs was one back from ST: Digby by lewellan223 or something like that. It had a great presentation, looked great, and was stunningly vanilla. He actually found a way to integrate the Maxis palm trees into his East Coast-ish city's story. Aesthetically, I think your stuff would fit in fine here as long as you're happy with it.
-Matt

benedict

Hi, threestooges. Digby was also one of my personal inspirations - my own CJ over at ST is largely based on lewellan223's 'Dirty Little Secrets' updates. I have been running Time Machine BTTs over at Simtropolis, and Digby was number one many times. The first time it was number one is here, and it also topped the year end chart for 2004 here.
Now that the birthday month is over, the Time Machine will be updating approximately weekly. We're still in 2007...

Tristania is in at number one this week.

Also in are Eyecandy, Blackwater, Calderwood and Stagnation or Prosperity.

rooker1

Incredible work!
Brings back some old memories.....Stagnation or Prosperity? by marcszar. Would be great to see him around again.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

benedict

Hi, rooker1. There are some really great CJs from the past - it is a lot of fun going back through them to mine the data, just sad that many many images are no longer there. Glad you're enjoying the show.
The Time Machine is patrolling 2007...

Cities is in at number one this week.

Also in: The Neo Byzantinian Empire.

benedict

Osturland is number one this week.

In this week: Nova Vesfalo, Whitefall, Travels down I-85, Union Town and Watersford.

Merry Christmas from BTT!

rooker1

Great work on the Time Machine Stats....it's always fun to remember the first MDs here.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

benedict

Hi, rooker1. Thanks. I have been really enjoying looking through the past of SC4D MDs. Happy New Year!

And Happy New Year to everyone from Ben's Top Ten and the BTT Time Machine!

Osturland continues in the number one spot. No more images left there, so the bonus image is from Blackwater.

Major changes from last week, with 7 changes: Jen's Random Cities, Cities, Liaane, Paradise Falls 2, Aspire, Capporth City and Waterfalls joining the Top Ten.

benedict

Blackwater is number one, and the bonus image is from Jen's Random Cities.

In this week: Grand Canyon, Tales at Teatime, Nova Vesfalo and Lars' MD.

benedict

AntigOne's Project is in at number one.

Also in this week: Desert Ofalla, Pardise Falls and Valtio.

benedict

Osturland is back at number one. The bonus image is from Blackwater.

In this week: Capporth City, Bliss and London.

benedict

Tales at Teatime is the new number one.

In this week: The Paradise of Walker's Island, Whietfall, The Nation of Ankara and Desert Ofalla.

benedict

Tales at Teatime is number one again.

In this week: Liaane, AntigOne's Project, The Kngdom of Royal Cytheria and Fort Lauderdale.

rooker1

Now there's a great list of oldies!!!
Great work as always Ben.
Call me Robin, please.

benedict

Hi, rooker1. I'm having a blast looking through all these vintage MDs as I compile the data - so much talent over the years. It would be amazing to see what some of these inactive authors would create with the current mods/bats.

One of my favorite all time SC4 places, Urland, is in at number one.

Also in this week: Tarkusian Cities and Province of Contarf.

benedict

Tarkusian Cities is number one for the first time.

Schifenburhg and Nova Vesfalo are in this week.