• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

City-building strategy game in development - Ostriv

Started by Yevheniy Yermolayiv, October 18, 2016, 10:41:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seaman

Quote from: Yevheniy Yermolayiv on October 18, 2016, 10:41:23 AM
– roads modeling
Dirt roads are formed in a natural way at places, where people move the most. You can build paved roads for more comfort and better aesthetics, but they'll be used only in case of reasonable placement.

oh.. I do like that concept! Not just a neat feature for a natural looking roadmap but it may also help beginners to place roads efficiently.

[That reminds me (though almoust completly unrelated) at the 2010 winners of the ig Nobel Prize for "Transportation planning". Working with Japanese scientists, Mark Fricker and Dan Bebber at Oxford University used slime mould to model an effective railway network. In the experiment, cities were represented by porridge oats that were linked to one another as the slime mould grew. In result, you do get a pretty "natural" looking transportation network :D.
Here's a cool video from that experiment.]

Yevheniy Yermolayiv

A year is coming to the end so I decided to review all the years of the development.
See the full article at: http://ostrivgame.com/three-years-summary/

Yevheniy Yermolayiv

Ostriv development news: Advanced farming and customizable buildings
Talking about some new gameplay decisions and new features added to the game in last couple of weeks

vortext

Yeah that looks pretty friggin' awesome. .  &apls

minor quibble. . no leaves on the ground during fall. . ?  ::)

sorry, couldn't help myself, looks seriously amazing.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

vester

Second what Eric is saying.

Frigging awesome  &apls &apls &apls

minor thing, the leaves on the ground ..

mak

(Don't know how I didn't catch this thread earlier...)

Everything looks amazing — especially considering Ostriv is an indie game! Looking forward to the next update :thumbsup:

Yevheniy Yermolayiv

Thanks to all! And, yes, there will be leaves on the ground. I just didn't make a good texture for it yet.

vortext

Quote from: Yevheniy Yermolayiv on February 03, 2017, 12:58:21 AM
Thanks to all! And, yes, there will be leaves on the ground. I just didn't make a good texture for it yet.

%BUd%  :bnn: 
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Yevheniy Yermolayiv

Hey, guys! I need a bit more of your help on Steam Greenlight:

Yevheniy Yermolayiv

Hey there! As the release of first public alpha is approaching, you can now pre-order Ostriv to support the development and make sure you don't waste money on anything else before the release:) Also check out the updated gallery:
https://ostrivgame.com/

speeder

The author of this disappeared, but  I would like to point it that it was released as Early Access and seemly it is doing well!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/773790/Ostriv/