• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Re: Waterfalls a New Journey... MD by Pat_Update # 219

Started by Pat, March 13, 2007, 01:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lilojame

PAGE 48 &hlp  &apls

Hi there again! I am glad you managed to squizz in an update. Looking good, looking good. =) I shall return to see how it goes on.

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

Pat

yuppers that is right here is Monday's update to Waterfalls... I am going to make this rather short tonight as this my wife's 34th Birthday and well yea and anywho enough chattering tonight... So without further ado here we goooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

so that is it for Monday's Update and stay tuned for Tuesday's special Vets day!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

blade2k5

Looking good Pat :thumbsup:  But it's making me thirsty for water :P

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

bat

Nice pictures there! Looking forward to the water, too...

Lilojame

I am joing with same comet as bat has posted.   :)

Visit my MD Rainbow Falls or check Rainbow Falls Out of the Box or maybe check on my bats&lots visiting Lilojame´s Corner or if you wish go to Lilojame´s Candidacies.

"Be thou the rainbow in the storms of life. The evening beam that smiles the clouds away, and tints tomorrow with prophetic ray."  (Byron, 1788-1824)

Simpson

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Pat

World War I, then normally referred to simply as The Great War (no one could imagine any war being greater!), ended with the implementation of an armistice [temporary cessation of hostilities—in this case until the final peace treaty, the infamous Treaty of Versailles, was signed in 1919] between the Allies and Germany at the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of November, 1918.

November 11: President Wilson proclaims the first Armistice Day with the following words: "To us in America, the reflections of armistice Day will be filled with solemn pride in the heroism of those who died in the country's service and with gratitude for the victory, both because of the thing from which it has freed us and because of the opportunity it has given America to show her sympathy with peace and justice in the councils of the nations..." The original concept for the celebration was for the suspension of business for a two minute period beginning at 11 A.M., with the day also marked by parades and public mettings.

On the second anniversary of the armistice, France and the United Kingdom hold ceremonies honoring their unknown dead from the war. In America, at the suggestion of church groups, President Wilson names the Sunday nearest Armistice Day Sunday, on which should be held services in the interest of international peace.

Congress passes legislation approving the establishment of a Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Arlington National Cemetery. November 11 is chosen for the date of the ceremony. According on October 20, Congress declares November 11, 1921 a legal Federal holiday to honor all those who participated in the war. The ceremony was conducted with great success.

Congress adopts a resolution directing the President to issue an annual proclamation calling on the observance of Armistice Day. Throughout the 1920s and 1930s, most states establish November 11 as a legal holiday and at the Federal level, an annual proclamation is issued by the President.

Congress passes legislation on May 13 making November 11 a legal Federal holiday, Armistice Day. The United States has no 'actual' national holidays because the states retain the right to designate their own holidays. The Federal government can in fact only designate holidays for Federal employees and for the District of Columbia. But in practice the states almost always follow the Federal lead in designation of holidays.

1941- 1945
1950- 1953

World War II and the Korean War create millions of additional war veterans in addition to those of the First World War already honored by Armistice Day.

On June 1, President Eisenhower signs legislation changing the name of the legal holiday from Armistice Day to Veteran's Day.

Congress passes the Monday Holiday Law which established the fourth Monday in October as the new date for the observance of Veteran's Day. The law is to take effect in 1971.

1971-1975

The Federal observance of Veterans Day is held on the fourth Monday of October. Initially all states follow suit except Mississippi and South Dakota. Other states changed their observances back to November 11 as follows: 1972- Louisiana and Wisconsin; 1974- Kentucky, Arkansas, Connecticut, Georgia, Maine, South Carolina, West Virginia; 1975- California, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, Utah, West Virginia, Wyoming

Legislation passed to return the Federal observance of Veteran's Day to November 11, based on popular support throughout the nation. Since the change to the fourth Monday in October, 46 states had either continued to commemorate November 11 or had reverted back to the original date based on popular sentiment. The law was to take effect in 1978.

Veteran's Day observance reverts to November 11. So as it be Today is now the day that we remember all who have served our great lands!!! We honor them on this day as well...

Tomb of the unknow simsoldier...

The Prayer of the soldier......

A Soldier's Prayer

Almighty Father, Whose Command is over all and Whose Love never faileth,

let me be aware of Thy presence and obedient to Thy will.

Keep me true to my best self, guarding me against dishonesty

in purpose and in deed, and helping me so to soldier and to live

so as to stand unashamed and unafraid before my fellow soldiers,

my loved ones, and Thee.   

Protect those in whose love I live.

Give me the will to do the work of a man and to accept my share

of responsibilities with a strong heart and a cheerful mind.

Make me considerate of those entrusted to my leadership

and faithful to the duties my country has entrusted to me.

Let my uniform remind me daily of the traditions

of the Service of which I am a part.

If I am inclined to doubt, steady my faith;

if I am tempted, make me strong to resist;

if I should miss the mark, bestow upon me courage to try again.

Guide me with the light of Thy truth ~ and keep before me the life of

Him in Whose example and deliverance I trust.

In the name of my Lord,

Amen.

Now lets continue with a tour of the simnation army base....

So that is it for this Tuesdays Update and also concludes the Veterans Update!!! Till Tomorrow's Update!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

threestooges

Pat,

That was a truly splendid history of today's holiday and a very touching update. I would be interested in seeing more details of the army base as well as perhaps a description of what all is what. It looks like quite some effort went into its creation, and from the looks of things so custom lotting too. Well done, and thank you for making this tribute
-Matt.

blade2k5

You Sir, are a true Patriot.  Whether you agree or disagree with what's going on in the war fronts today, support for those men and women who sacrificed their time and lives for our freedom is paramount above all else.  Thank you for this tribute Pat.  My hat is off to you my friend &apls

Threestooges pretty much said the same thing I was thinking when rading through your Veterans Day tribute.  Look forward to see what you give us in your next update.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

Simpson

Hi Pat
Your new update is very good. The army base is looking perfect, second picture is my preferate &apls
And also I'm looking forward to the next update my friend  :thumbsup:
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Schulmanator

A fitting tribute! And nice SimMilitary stuff. Where did you get that double barrelled missile launcher lot from? It rocks!
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Jmouse

What a wonderful tribute, Pat! Few if any pass through this world without being touched in some way by the sacrifices men and women of the military make for the love of country and their fellow countrymen.

Thank you for reminding us that they should be in our thoughts every waking moment of every day.
Joan

TheTeaCat

An appropriate Tribute to those who gave so much.

Nicely done too I may add.  ;)

:satisfied:
TTC

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

thundercrack83

What a fitting tribute, my friend--you did a fantastic job!

Dustin

kimcar

&apls &aplsGreat tribute Pat. I don`t know if is because you are an soldier  ( against fire ) but only a big heart think to do some move like that .  :thumbsup: Thanks for those heros and great base btw. :thumbsup:

Lilojame

Well, well... I am kindda speacless. I can say you came up with a very nice tribute.

The army base you made looks intriguing and well composed. I have to say that in this specific case the grid has its purpuse and looks great.

Overal very good job!  :thumbsup:

catty

A very appropriate update for Armistice Day

I especially like the Tomb of the Unknown Simsoldier it has a certain look about it ... very respectful 

I'm used to NZ Army bases and your army base looks so much better than a RL one.

In New Zealand while we remember Armistice Day, ours and Australia's day of remembrance is ANZAC Day on the 25th of April.

QuoteAnzac Day is commemorated by Australia and New Zealand on 25 April every year to honour members of the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps (ANZAC) who fought at Gallipoli in Turkey during World War I. Anzac Day is also observed in the Cook Islands, Niue, Samoa and Tonga.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

tooheys

I think this may be appropriate:

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

Lest we forget

Fitting update Pat. Nicely done.

Dave

bat

Nice work on that update! Nice pictures, too, Pat! :thumbsup:

Pat

I want to personally thank you all for supporting our troops no matter where you are and no matter where your troops are at!!! As long as you support your troops I am proud of you and today for Wednesday update I will give you all water!!!

Tomorrow On thursday I will get to all the personal replies that I owe and I will get to them I promiss!! but lets get on here with the water... So without further ado here we gooooooooo!!!!!

so that is wednesday update a wee bit late and I am sorry about that and remember that Thursday is Double Shot Thursday!!!!