• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

More diagonals

Started by z, July 06, 2008, 09:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

z

One feature that I think would be very useful for adding to the realism of the game would be puzzle pieces that would allow networks to be laid out diagonally at angles other than 45 degrees.  Based on the existence of the current curved puzzle pieces, this doesn't look like it would be very hard to do.  For example, a standard diagonal road moves one square to the side for every square it moves forward; a very useful puzzle piece would be a 2x3 piece in which the road moved one square to the side for every two squares forward.  To give the user even more flexibility, I would also recommend even gentler diagonals with 2x4 and 2x5 puzzle pieces.  This would be especially useful to those of us trying to model real cities; even a city like Chicago has its share of non-standard diagonal roads.

I think it would also be useful considering applying this idea to other relevant networks.  Personally, I would be interested in seeing it additionally on rails, el trains, viaduct rail, and avenues (in that order).  Comments are invited.

thundercrack83

Hello, z!

I think you may want to check out what David (dedgren), Alex (Tarkus), and some others have been doing over at Three Rivers Region (3RR)--I think you may like what you see!

And while you're there, leave a post if you'd like. David loves to hear from new folks!

Take care, my friend,

Dustin