• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

High Speed Rail Project (HSRP)

Started by Jonathan, August 19, 2007, 02:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan

EDIT: MIncroabl I can give you a diagonal prop which is un textured?

Sorry I haven't had any progrees with the diagonal pylons, You mentionede SimGoober had a monorail pylon as a prop, do you know if he has a diagonal and if possible can you get it, I'm tried up with paths and a bit of RL (grandma from South Africa).
Thanks Patfirefghtr.

Any news on the paths?

MIncroabl

An untextured model will work fine, provided that when you eventually add textures to it the IDs remain the same (= it is the same prop). That way, I can finish the T21s with the untextured model and need not to redo them for a textured prop. You have my e-mail address, if you send the prop I'll get to work tomorrow.

Jonathan

OK I will tommorow probably as I reinstalled gmax and BAT but then BAT couldn't run gmax so I'm reinstalling them again ::)

Anything with the paths?

dragonshardz

i can't really say anything as the @#$% Parental controls won't let me put the .dat where i want. i'll tell you when i can test it.

Yes i have Vista.

Jonathan

Vista won't let you put anything in the Program Files folder or sub-folder?
I'm sure there was a way I disabled that. I'll check it out if you haven't already done it.

Yes I have Vista too.

EDIT:Prince anything on the transition?

dragonshardz

there's a way and i know how to do it but i'm don't have admin rights on my PC. there fore i can't do anything in he program files because it might "compromise the computer's security".  ::)

O well. as soon as i get my plugins folders back on the pc i'll test it and tell you. might be useful to have input from a different vista system.

Jonathan

Prince: What's the status of the transition please? (sorry I couldn't think of any other way to word it)
And any luck with RHD testing?

The RULs for curve 2 and end stubs are done. But I really need someone who can or knows someone else who can, UV map in the reader.

Olasz

My personal opinion only: that is one the things I did not like at ST - old, dead topics with no progress stickied on the top, pushing live boards down and forcing you to load a next page on a disturbingly slow site. Why? Were they containing essential information? Some. Were they so exceptional? Some. But the actual look of the forum became very worn, like nobody maintained the boards - even if somebody was actually.
I would vote on leaving decision to the admins - and hope it would not be used so excessively as over there

- no offense, just my opinion -

Jonathan

Seeing as I'm constantly hitting walls with GHSR I'm going to make a start on seperate HSR which I will need to do anyway after I would have made GHSR, This will be easier because the models, textures and UV mapping is already done I only have to make the starter piece and RUL everything, which I find easier, in some cases than modelling, textureing, and mapping.

I know I ask a lot of things but I'm learning and as I said before not good at modelling and texturing, but if someone could come up with flat models with a texture applied, it can be the original one, it will mean once I have finished HSR I can start on GHSR. If there are no models GHSR will have to simply be the HSR models lowered 15m.

I didn't particulary want this to happen but it seems the best way to do it, even though it seems most people who can BAT/make textures are busy.

Thanks to the NAM team who have helped me, especially JPlumbley who helped me to get into RULing and starter pieces and thanks for allowing (?) me to join the NAM team.

I don't take any offence, I quite understand what you mean.

dragonshardz

o, will switches work in UDI? because they don't with the current model, the already released beta that wasn't done by Warrior.

Jonathan

Hopefully the switches will work.
I have now done the striaght HSR, 1 + 2nd curves, RULs and paths (modles from the original modd)
Unfortunatley my hard drive has another error ::) And a rather annoying bit of RL is stopping me from trying to fix it :bomb:

dragonshardz

Jonathan

Yea it does.

As I type the software I just bought is recovereing all my files to an external HDD ( I hope it has room now that I think about it) although it is sooooo very slow :sleeping:  161MB out of 6GB and thats just one little folder :bomb:

I also have 2 english homeworks to get in my way, so probably the next time I get to do some with HSR is the end of the week/next weekend.
Sorry, but unforunatley (most of the time) Real Life is more important :sleeping:

dragonshardz

yeah i have to read and analyze 20 chapters of "The Scarlet Letter" by tuesday.  ()sad() Why are english teachers so sadistic?

no offense towards any english teacher(s) reading this...  :thumbsup:

BigSlark

I'm an English Teacher in training...in a year's time I'll have my own class of high school students.

And I feel for you having to read The Scarlet Letter. I'm not a fan.

Cheers,
KEvin

dragonshardz

like i said, no offense, but english teachers are sadistic. of course, all my english teachers have been women, so i can't say all english teachers are sadistic.  :thumbsup:

y'know, it's a good thing that this isn't peg's site. this discussion would be off topic 3 months ago. still we're getting off topic, but o well.  :P

Jonathan

Funny I was just wondering why popl would want to be english teachers, I don't mean offence just gneeeeerally wonderd.
Yes it is getting a bit off-topic, so Just to let everyon know, My HDD still has an error, I have tried reinstalling Vista but no such luck, wiping out the HDD, repairing the partion table, and master boot record, still no luck.

I have how evr beeen able to rcovr the files, including the HSR fils, so I will continue working on it on the family PC, this means I will have even less time as ther are othr poeple to use it.

Should have a proper update today

Sorry about the multilple "e"s and "e"s missing it seems there is someing wrong with that key.

JoeST

I do sense a lack of "e"'s in that post lol

I am purely guessing that your harddrive is scratched or one of the HDD circuit boards is cracked or something, maybe your cable is snapped or a pin is bent, it would be a good idea to test it on another pc

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Jonathan

Thanks I will try another cable, I can't check on this PC as it hasn't got any SATA ports/places where you plug it in (?)

EDIT: It seems using another cable worked, it then told me there was an error with the partition table and that was easily fixed then I found a backup disk from January 07 and used that, the computr started working, but because the computer was effctively put "back in time", Windows Genuin thing pops up asking for me to activate it :angrymore:, and then of course it doesn't recogniz the wireless network, be that out of range or it being exeptionally dumb. Which means I have to moveeeee my PC downstairs = massive job, so tommorrow eveeeerything should be back to normal.

Sorry about the "eeee"s again :bomb:

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms