• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

POST HERE If you cannot access the LEX

Started by jeronij, January 20, 2007, 02:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Quote from: slimjim6502 on June 06, 2022, 01:54:32 AMHi, I signed up yesterday as slimjim6502 but haven't received the activation e-mail?

Thanks!
I've just manually activated your account.  Hope you enjoy the LEX!

-Alex

zbjaf44

zbjaf44
[removed email for your safety - Tarkus]

xcGABOcx

Hello, i dont remember my user name, i want reset my password but dont receive the email.
Thanks

Tarkus

Quote from: xcGABOcx on June 29, 2022, 06:21:29 PMHello, i dont remember my user name, i want reset my password but dont receive the email.
Thanks
I've just attempted to find an account using the email you have registered here on the forums, and there does not appear to be an account.  Based on your situation, I'd recommend just starting a new account.  If you encounter any activation issues with the new account, let me know, and I can manually activate it for you.

-Alex

xcGABOcx

Quote from: Tarkus on June 30, 2022, 12:15:17 AM
Quote from: xcGABOcx on June 29, 2022, 06:21:29 PMHello, i dont remember my user name, i want reset my password but dont receive the email.
Thanks
I've just attempted to find an account using the email you have registered here on the forums, and there does not appear to be an account.  Based on your situation, I'd recommend just starting a new account.  If you encounter any activation issues with the new account, let me know, and I can manually activate it for you.

-Alex

thanks for your time. I tried to register but it gives me an error

One or more errors occurred while processing your request..
An account with this username and/or e-mail already exists. If you forgot your password, please use the password reset form on the index page.
Click here to go back and try again.

If you have difficulties logging in, please stop by our Discord server, or our official LEX support thread on the SC4D forums, where our staff can assist you.

Tarkus

That's . . . really bizarre, because the email you have registered here on the forums doesn't show up at all when I do a user search.  I'll be at work the rest of the day, so I won't be able to look at it until later, but I may see if I can brute force an account into existence for you when I return.

-Alex

xcGABOcx

Quote from: Tarkus on June 30, 2022, 01:34:43 PMThat's . . . really bizarre, because the email you have registered here on the forums doesn't show up at all when I do a user search.  I'll be at work the rest of the day, so I won't be able to look at it until later, but I may see if I can brute force an account into existence for you when I return.

-Alex

Again thank you very much for your time and your work, I will await instructions

Tarkus

Quote from: xcGABOcx on June 30, 2022, 04:29:33 PMAgain thank you very much for your time and your work, I will await instructions
I'm back now, and have sent you a PM with details.

-Alex

xcGABOcx

Quote from: Tarkus on July 01, 2022, 02:12:39 AM
Quote from: xcGABOcx on June 30, 2022, 04:29:33 PMAgain thank you very much for your time and your work, I will await instructions
I'm back now, and have sent you a PM with details.

-Alex

I can get in Now. Thanks you very much man

epictab23

I registered yesterday as "epictab" but have not received an email to activate my account yet. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Tarkus

Quote from: epictab23 on July 02, 2022, 11:06:59 AMI registered yesterday as "epictab" but have not received an email to activate my account yet. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Just manually activated your account--hope you enjoy the LEX!

-Alex

martinez202076

Hi
I registered yesterday as "martinez202076" but I can`t sign in to LEX Exchange I can`t register
please help

thx

nbrookslee

Hello. It has been a while since I logged into LEX File Exchange, so I could not remember my password to LEX File Exchange. My username is Nbrookslee, and I followed the steps to receive a temporary password. However, when I enter the password it says invalid. Help me out, please.

TomK

Its been a while, I cant remember my username/password for the lex

Tarkus

@martinez202076 @nbrookslee @TomK I've just manually reset all of your passwords, and sent you PMs with details.  Hope that helps!

-Alex

Jmueller

Not getting any emails back, and it won't let me in.

Email is [removed so you don't get hit by spambots]. Not on spam

Tarkus

Quote from: Jmueller on July 07, 2022, 03:21:14 PMNot getting any emails back, and it won't let me in.

Email is [removed so you don't get hit by spambots]. Not on spam
Just sent you a PM with details.

-Alex

Tarkus

As we've been getting inundated with requests for manual activation over the past couple days (mostly over Discord), I've done some testing, and verified that the emails were not sending at all to Gmail accounts.  I suspect this is the source of a number of issues with password resets for both LEX and forum accounts as well.

I'm still diagnosing why Gmail is having issues with SC4 Devotion emails (thus far, I've not been able to find our domain on any blacklists).  However, in the meanwhile, I've gone ahead and eliminated the activation process altogether on the LEX, which I've been wanting to do for awhile.  As soon as your account is registered, you can now log in immediately with it, without having to wait for an activation email that may or may not come.

Additionally, if you are registering just to download SC4 Mapper, note that it is no longer necessary, as it's possible to download it here from the forums, as a guest.

-Alex

Raymo

Howdy. Do not receive an E-mail for password recovery and would appreciate some help.