• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.
Main Menu

Recent posts

SC4 Tool / Re: Is the program source avai...
Last post by Andreas - April 11, 2023, 11:54:15 PM
No, the source is not available.
SC4 Tool / Is the program source availabl...
Last post by doug_wesson - April 11, 2023, 11:11:34 PM
I would love to recompile to run under dotnet 4
SC4 Tool / When trying to run program it ...
Last post by doug_wesson - April 11, 2023, 09:57:13 PM
Am running windows 10, i installed dotnet framework 1.1.

When program startup it show the File Meger dialog Box nothing seems to work here.
When i close this dialog box the program just  hangs

Please help
SimCity 4 General Discussion / Re: Need help with SC4PIM
Last post by Ulisse Wolf - April 11, 2023, 07:16:38 PM
Quote from: doug_wesson on April 11, 2023, 03:52:07 PMI tried on the SC4PIM Forum but have received no replies, so am hoping someone in this forum may be able to help me.

Downloaded Sc4PIM yesterday and installed it. However when i try to run the program I get the following errors recorded in the log file

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SC4PIM.py", line 1, in ?
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 96, in ?
  File "wx\__init__.pyo", line 45, in ?
  File "wx\_core.pyo", line 4, in ?
  File "wx\_core_.pyo", line 12, in ?
  File "wx\_core_.pyo", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

May thanks in advance if you can help

Read this post

https://www.sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=9279.0
Network Addon Mod (NAM) / Re: NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE...
Last post by CaptCity - April 11, 2023, 05:32:47 PM
Yes, there is some redundancy in the two features. This issue was just a result of my desire to get every last option that NAM has to offer. It was probably inevitable that old would eventually conflict with new.
SimCity 4 General Discussion / Need help with SC4PIM
Last post by doug_wesson - April 11, 2023, 03:52:07 PM
I tried on the SC4PIM Forum but have received no replies, so am hoping someone in this forum may be able to help me.

Downloaded Sc4PIM yesterday and installed it. However when i try to run the program I get the following errors recorded in the log file

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SC4PIM.py", line 1, in ?
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 96, in ?
  File "wx\__init__.pyo", line 45, in ?
  File "wx\_core.pyo", line 4, in ?
  File "wx\_core_.pyo", line 12, in ?
  File "wx\_core_.pyo", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

May thanks in advance if you can help
NAM Inactive threads / Re: Disable Maxis Steam Freigh...
Last post by Simulation City - April 11, 2023, 07:41:06 AM
Quote from: Tarkus on April 10, 2023, 06:31:30 PMMost attachments on the forums are currently broken, as a result of the SMF 2.1.3 upgrade (which we needed to do in order to prevent the forum from getting destroyed by spambots), even though they're still actually on the server.

Rather than getting flooded with requests to reattach things on a piecemeal basis, I'm attempting to address the larger problem, though so far, have not had any success.

-Alex

Quote from: mgb204 on April 11, 2023, 05:18:53 AMI'll also note that quite a few Steam Engine replacements exist, so you aren't limited to the options mentioned.

Take a look at Rivit's content here (STEX), I'm sure they exist there.

Otherwise I recommend Vester's fantastic automata.

Dragonsteincole has also been knocking it out of the park recently, especially if you are interested in UK rolling stock (I am :D).

Thanks guys. Glad to hear from the NAM team members themselves.

I prefer to directly remove the steam engine rather than replacing it with anything else like models in the 50s/60s since I am planning to simulate modern cities. Is it possible to achieve that by removing bat/dat files or manipulating data using the ilive reader (still a beginner at using that)?

By the way thanks for pointing to rivit's mods page. The catenary add-on interests me a lot. (Tried to use it but seems like doesn't work with the latest NAM. No catenaries showed up after installing and accounting for the loading sequence (to be loaded after NAM)) 
Last post by mgb204 - April 11, 2023, 05:25:41 AM
The Auto Avenue Turn Lanes were left as a legacy option because users made a huge fuss when we removed the Road based versions, so we didn't feel we could remove it completely. However both the ATLs are features no forward looking NAM team would have ever considered including to begin with. Back then no one could predict how far the NAM would go, but their existence can basically mess with anything Ave based, that we might otherwise want to override/alter. So it doesn't surprise me one bit to see problems like this if you've decided to include them.

Honestly, I never found the Avenue ATLs all that useful and they are so easily replicated with the FTLs, best removed IMO.
NAM Inactive threads / Re: Disable Maxis Steam Freigh...
Last post by mgb204 - April 11, 2023, 05:18:53 AM
I'll also note that quite a few Steam Engine replacements exist, so you aren't limited to the options mentioned.

Take a look at Rivit's content here (STEX), I'm sure they exist there.

Otherwise I recommend Vester's fantastic automata.

Dragonsteincole has also been knocking it out of the park recently, especially if you are interested in UK rolling stock (I am :D).
Last post by dyoungyn - April 11, 2023, 04:10:32 AM
All,

SUCCESS, and thank you for the WONDERFUL recommendation of not installing the Auto Turning AVE Turning Lanes and again, SUCCESS and the 90 degree Flex Ave Curve DOES NOT turn red and rather normal to plop.  Thank you again so much. :bnn:  :bnn:  :bnn:  :bnn:  :bnn:  :bnn: