Menu

LEX File Exchange
EA Support Files
SC4 Wikipedia
Network Addon Mod
Dependencies
Chat
Welcome to SimCity 4 Devotion. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2022, 03:20:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Downloads

Recent posts

Network Addon Mod (NAM) / Re: NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE...
Last post by LucarioBoricua - March 28, 2022, 01:42:49 PM
Yes, that is correct! Do a full installation and check if everything's running. All your selected option should appear and work in the game, including the RealHighway. You shouldn't get crashes from the game lacking memory to function.

If not, check the properties of your shortcut, or your launch settings. Make sure the game is set to run on 1 core or thread. If you use the Properties > Shortcut tab option, make sure you have -CPUCount:1 on the target text box.
Last post by nitramka - March 28, 2022, 12:35:20 PM
The 4gb patch is installed correct by the *.bat .
https://ibb.co/cXXxk2d

Also did it manually as suggested:
https://ibb.co/qD4RTgD

64-bit, 8GB Ram
https://ibb.co/YQZk4Gm

Steam version (dont know what to right here exactly. Bought and installed with Steam.)

When the patch is applied and 8GB are installed in the PC, NAM should be working with the full install option ?
Last post by LucarioBoricua - March 28, 2022, 11:30:43 AM
Some questions:

• Are you running the game through Steam, or is this a plain standalone digital copy (ex. GoG, Amazon)?

• Did you try applying the 4GB patch manually on the SimCity 4.exe application?

• Do you know if your operating system is 64-bit, in addition to having the 8GB of RAM?

You should be able to run a full installation of the game with as little as 6GB of RAM, provided you could apply the 4GB patch correctly. It is also correct that using the low RAM controller means the RealHighway won't be available, as this controller doesn't contain the code required to operate the RHW, cutting its size by nearly half.
Last post by ulisse99 - March 28, 2022, 11:27:10 AM
Quote from: nitramka on March 28, 2022, 11:14:51 AMMy question is: Are 8gb of RAM not enough or is the issue somewhere else?

Installed the 44 version with the "z_NAM_Controller 4GB Full" on a Windows 7 Professional 64-bit system with 8 gb RAM.
SimCity 4 Deluxe by Steam. Without any other mods.

The mod was installed with the bat file, including the 4gb patch.
Game starts but when I try to load an empty tile or any title from London,Berlin,.... the tile doesnt load. Nor does the game crash.

So I uninstalled it and deleted the leftover files and reinstalled with the LowRAM_noRHW option.
Game starts and is now loading tiles (takes around ~20 seconds) but without RHW.

Took me some time to figure out that this option doesnt allow RHW to work properly, just saw LowRAM .... ^^
https://ibb.co/qgdHjXf

We know that the bat file is failing for some reason. The best procedure to install the 4GB patch is to do it manually. I recommend you watch this video on how to manually apply the patch

Last post by nitramka - March 28, 2022, 11:14:51 AM
My question is: Are 8gb of RAM not enough or is the issue somewhere else?

Installed the 44 version with the "z_NAM_Controller 4GB Full" on a Windows 7 Professional 64-bit system with 8 gb RAM.
SimCity 4 Deluxe by Steam. Without any other mods.

The mod was installed with the bat file, including the 4gb patch.
Game starts but when I try to load an empty tile or any title from London,Berlin,.... the tile doesnt load. Nor does the game crash.

So I uninstalled it and deleted the leftover files and reinstalled with the LowRAM_noRHW option.
Game starts and is now loading tiles (takes around ~20 seconds) but without RHW.

Took me some time to figure out that this option doesnt allow RHW to work properly, just saw LowRAM .... ^^
https://ibb.co/qgdHjXf
Last post by Tarkus - March 27, 2022, 01:35:13 AM
Quote from: Jaxtraw26 on March 26, 2022, 08:39:54 PMI just installed the latest version on Mac and am running a Steam version of SimCity. I have white rectangles over certain sections of RHW network. Now this screenshot was made on an old city I imported into my new install. The original network was built on NAM32 on windows. On this Mac version I could not even find a RHW 6S level 0 started piece, only a level 1.

Photo of white boxes
The white boxes are an issue related to the Mac version's reliance on OpenGL for the graphical engine.  The OpenGL implementation used in SC4 is . . . rough, and it occasionally has quirks like that.  We don't really have a solution to it, but it does appear to be an issue that is sporadic.

As far as the missing L0 RHW-6S starter piece, it's not actually missing--when Aspyr updated the game to be 64-bit (and thus, capable of running on newer versions of macOS that dropped 32-bit support entirely), for some reason, they screwed up the process of cycling through TAB Loops.  Using the normal TAB or Shift-TAB on a Mac will cycle through, but it will often skip every other item in the loop.  In order to access every item, you'll need to use Ctrl-TAB or Ctrl-Shift-TAB to cycle through everything.  With NAM 44, we updated the menu button descriptions for most of the non-deprecated (and non-about-to-be-deprecated) items to make mention of this Mac-specific quirk.

-Alex
Last post by Wiimeiser - March 27, 2022, 12:36:52 AM
I'm more concerned about what looks like a missing avenue. To me it looks like the old pre-FLEX SPUI piece (plus connecting TuLEPs) or something from the NWM is missing.
Last post by Jaxtraw26 - March 26, 2022, 08:39:54 PM
I just installed the latest version on Mac and am running a Steam version of SimCity. I have white rectangles over certain sections of RHW network. Now this screenshot was made on an old city I imported into my new install. The original network was built on NAM32 on windows. On this Mac version I could not even find a RHW 6S level 0 started piece, only a level 1.

Photo of white boxes
NAM Creations / Re: RHW (RealHighway) - Develo...
Last post by Haljackey - March 26, 2022, 04:26:35 PM
Thought I may as well share a couple new creations that show off NAM 44 content for the RHW network.

1- tighter loop ramps. The 3x3 curve gives you this:

2- RHW-2 turn lanes on this 'almost trumpet' design:
Network Addon Mod (NAM) / Re: NAM 44 Now Available
Last post by Jack_wilds - March 26, 2022, 03:17:17 PM
5/5 well done over all   &apls

:satisfied: