• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Ben's Top Ten +10 @ SC4D

Started by benedict, January 03, 2012, 07:41:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

benedict

Ben's Top Ten +10 @ SC4D is a weekly list of Mayor Diaries ranked according to a formula. The main component of the formula is non-author, unique replies to author post ratio. The formula does reward consistency, and uses a four week rolling average - the current week has the most influence, with influence decreasing from the three previous weeks. Each week the top ten MDs will be featured with a background image from the number one MD. I'm also tracking positions 11-20 - these will be noted as the +10 in numerical order.

As with my other Top Tens, I am going to start by back-tracking very slightly to 22 Dec 2011...

Congratulations to the first number 1 -  Corsica! I wish that was where I had spent Christmas...

I'll be back in a few days with more. Please don't hesitate to inform me of any typos, spelling errors.

Ben's +10

Nagagonia by nbvc
Just Gloria by DerChrischi
Mind Scape by rooker1
Tarkusian Cities by Tarkus
Eloaria by Kergelen
Sandalwood County by _marsh_
The Winding River Project by mrbison
Santa Barbara County by RickD
Kolbrów by kbieniu7
Aldrin by Neofita

Click on the banner to celebrate!

rooker1

Very interesting list Ben. 
Must have taken you a bit of time to apply that formula to each and every MD. 
Great work!

Robin  &apls
Call me Robin, please.

Dai9988

Yeah, I see BTT is finally also on the Sc4devotion! ;D Brilliant!
Slovakia!

Girafe

Looks good idea.

I would put only the 5 first MDs as there are few MD still alive and I afraid of seeing always the same MDs in disorder in this ranking
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

rooker1

Good idea Girafe, but unfortunately Ben's Top Five doesn't have the same ring to it as Ben's Top Ten
I would agree with excluding the 11th position and on though.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

art128

Quote from: Girafe on January 03, 2012, 11:36:32 AM
Looks good idea.

I would put only the 5 first MDs as there are few MD still alive and I afraid of seeing always the same MDs in disorder in this ranking

Don't exagerate, Antoine, there's quite some MDs active around there. ;)

Good idea, Ben. I've seen your thread over at ST and I liked the idea.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Kergelen

Interesting idea! :thumbsup:
I have recently seen at Simtropolis, but there I don't know most of the MDs. Here I know almost all the MD so I'll follow the topic. :)

Links to SC4 websites

Schulmanator

I am excited to see this here and look forward to watching it grow!

:satisfied:
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

bat

It's nice to see this here, too! :thumbsup:
And congrats on being the first number 1, Yan077. :)

benedict

Hi, rooker1 and Girafe. Thanks for your comments. Over the last 4 weeks around 40-50 MDs have been active, which I feel justifies the +10. I'll see how things go and assess trends over time. When I started my second BTT over at ST the same CJ was number one for the first 13 weeks - and it was competing with 200 others, so you never can tell what will happen which is all part of the excitement. The formula is also set up so that even a brand new MD can compete with a Hall of Famer.

Hi, Dai9988. Thank you for your support!

Hi, art128. I think you'll like today's update even more  ;)

Hi, Kergelen. Thanks for your comment and support.

Hi, Schulmanator. I am excited, too - always fun to start something new, and it will be interesting to see how it works out.

Hi, bat. Glad to see you here, thanks for the support.

Ben's Top Ten

Going back just a week ago and Homura Region jumped up to be the new number one!

There are two new entries: Nagagonia in at 9, and Tarkusian Cities in at 10. 

I'll be back in a few days with this week's update.

Ben's +10

The Region of Pirgos by io_bg
Eloaria by Kergelen
Dragon Islands Cities by Skimbo
New Holland by Paul 999
The Winding River Project by mrbison
Rondnoir by Framly
Okatabawashi by Tokugawa
The Federated States of Llithustania by Republic
Mind Scape by rooker1

art128

Well well, that's a surprise! I'm very pleased and honored to be the number one this week!

Though I know i'll not be the number one for .... 13weeks...( that's insane).. ;D

Props & Texture Catalog

rooker1

Congrats Arthur and thanks Ben for another great list.

Robin &apls
Call me Robin, please.

DerChrischi

Thanks, i go one up!  ;D
I don´t understand your list, my english is to bad. But i see my MD! That ist wonderful!   :D

bat

Congratulations on winning the second week, Arthur!
And looking forward to the first winner of 2012... ;)

benedict

Hi, art128. It may have been a surprise, but it was clear from the results last time who the crowd favorite was.

Hi, rooker1. Thank you for your support again, Robin!

Hi, DerChrischi. Well, if your MD is popular during the previous week it will go up, otherwise down. Glad you liked it.

Hi, bat. I was also looking forward to seeing the first winner of the year... wait no longer!

Ben's Top Ten

Just like last time, there are two new entries and a new number one!

Congratulations to AntigOne's Project! Most of the time when I choose the image for BTT I have a favorite in mind, but badsim made it very hard - far too many great ones to choose from!

The two new entries are The region of Pirgos at 7, and Santa Barbara County at 9. 

Have a great week, everyone!

Ben's +10

The Sultanate of Kalu Sabah by Sky Guy
Eloaria by Kergelen
Tarkusian Cities by Tarkus
Mind Scape by rooker1
Kolbrów by kbieniu7
Nagagonia by nbvc
Berlin by peterycristi
Sandalwood County by _marsh_
The Federated States of Llithustania by Republic

Dantes

I discover this ranking until now.  :P My MD has room 4 or 5 That's good. I think my MD's space 7-8.  :P A great idea. I like competitions do not like the list to me anyway.  $%#Ninj2

art128

Looks like i'm stuck in the podium once again! :P Good job, benedict! And congrats Cédric!

Props & Texture Catalog

Kergelen

wow, the first week 15, then 13 and today 12! Very good for my region. :)
I like that you include BTT +10, thus some regions that aren't in the Top Ten, know where we are.
The top ten are great regions!
Fantastic job benedict! :thumbsup:

Links to SC4 websites

Pat

Ben you are doing some awesome tracking here congrats man!!! Congrats to all who have made the the #1 spot  :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Framly

Welcome on SC4D, Ben :thumbsup:

Great to see you here :)

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team