• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Sam Johnson's BAT Bunker

Started by Sam Johnson, February 09, 2010, 12:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sciurus

I can't believe it! :o :o &apls &apls It's BABULOZIWAD!!! &apls &apls &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Ciuu96

Holy [insert word here]! :o I also saw that preview that mightygoose was talking about in ST, but I never thought that it would be this amazing, BAT is absolutely magnificent and the lotting is beautiful!  &apls &apls &apls Probably the best BAT/LOT for a long time!

Also, it seems that you confused me to noahclem in your replies. Not a big deal but I decided to mention it just to avoid this in the future. :thumbsup:
Has it really been almost 2 years?
Must return. :)

peter007

WoW after the Lever House the best BAT in my mind. really Wonderful  &apls
Great Lotting and BATting.  ;)

Aaron Graham

Great job on those bats, I know it took you a long time to make that huge building. Keep it up. &apls
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Sam Johnson

At first I'm really surprised about all these positive comments, thank you for that :)

art128: Well I think there shouldn't be a problem to change the ground texture with the Lot Editor ;)

Girafe: The Building is just too huge to render it as one building, so I decided to split it up into 4 parts. The biggest part is the main tower at the center, then the big wing of the building with its two small towers and then the both outer wings. It was also needed to split the building up because, the Lot would have a size of 32x20 tiles, and this way the object limit per lot would'nt allow to create a good looking lot. The object limit is set at ~1200 objects, with objects are base textures, overlay textures, props, teh building and everything else on the lot meant. And with a lot size of 32x20 only the base textures would take 640 objects. So I also splitted up the Lots, now I'm having 3 Lots, one lot has the size 14x20, and two lots with a size of 9x20 tiles.
About the nighlighting, well I did this in 3dsmax 9 with chrisadams bat4max and I used only simple techniques like placing and adjusting spotlights and omnis, like it's done on every BAT :D Only for the windows I used the technique of a night library ;)

@ciuu96:Oh I'm sorry that was my mistake. Of course I will avoid this in future  &ops

And again thank you all :)

Evillions8

Have you gone mad?! ?=mad)=  You're making me crazy!!! %BUd% 

It's too good for me to look at it!! ()lurker()

Not even these smilies can describe how talented you are!  That's a monster BAT!!!

:'( &apls :'( &apls :'( &apls :'( &apls

Fresh Prince of SC4D

You have found the college of epicness.  &apls How far are you into this project?
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

io_bg

Now this looks absolutely awesome. Bravo! &apls
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

deadwoods

WOW, that Moscow University is the most amazing BAT I've seen in a long time. The detail, the texturing, the sheer scale of the thing. Well done.
David, aka deadwoods

noahclem

Glad things are progressing  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Ciuu96 on December 27, 2010, 11:22:04 AM
Also, it seems that you confused me to noahclem in your replies. Not a big deal but I decided to mention it just to avoid this in the future. :thumbsup:

Understandable mistake to confuse two NAM associates from Finland with animal avatars i suppose  ;D

mattb325

Wow! This is a monumental undertaking. Just the massive size of the BAT and the wonderful texturing and detailing...it leaves me rather lost for words  &apls

Sam Johnson

Wow, I just have to say thank you again for all these words of praise  :)

Quote from: mightygoose on December 29, 2010, 12:00:19 PM
question, what next  :D

This  :P

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

hkboondoggle

Well Акула is meant to be big buddy; after all it holds 20 SLBMs.
Btw Sam this is a great choice, as only a few would focus on the Russian arsenal. The first sight looks epic, just wonder how it'll look in game. Keep it up man!  :thumbsup:

Evillions8

Ok, now you want me to go make historical cities now.  :P  Please make more Soviet Era commerical offices / services because we're lacking alot of those!  I love that new project!  &apls &apls

StanislavSoltys1

Would you be able to finish your Kremlin walls? I'd very appreciate it!

ivo_su

Whoa this would be the building of Moscow University. Oh look amazing  and dazzling. please keep doing is excellent. But in Moscow there are so many  good sites that have a place  in Sim City .... (fountain of nations and the park around it)

Ivo

Queen of Saigon

wow the Moscow state university is just Breathtaking :aplause:

any news on the Kremlin walls ? anyways i love your work