• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SFBT Releases

Started by Andreas, April 27, 2007, 04:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas

No, unfortunately, I didn't have time to finish the mod for automatic placement so far, and at the moment, I doubt that I ever will find enough time and dedication for this project.  &mmm  The sheer amount of junctions and curves makes it extra hard to create T21 exemplar files for them, and if you run four or more parallel tracks (two tiles and more), as it is common around large stations, the result might look extremely weird. I think the reason why you cannot place trees on those lots is because they don't have a base texture.
Andreas

Swesim

Ok, thanks for Your quick reply!

I´ll just try to mess with them in LE then and see if I can add a decent base for the Rails.
I did it for the GLR for a city of mine, so I suppose it should be fairly simple.
Thanks for Your contributions so far Andreas!

allan_kuan1992

that was the fastest response ever ::)

i was just about to quote what you said from another thread.

- Allan Kuan

Stewey

Hi Andreas, I'm having a small problem with the soundwalls. I have installed them correctly along with the SFBT essentials (July 2008) as it says in the readme file. Most props show up but one prop doesn't, and I am guessing that perhaps a tree prop is missing from the essentials pack or something.

Here is a picture to show what I mean:

Edit to add: Sorry, I hadn't realised that I had forgot to install Pegs MTP dependancy for the SFBT Essentials.

Just ignore this post. :-[

Andreas

On a side note, you don't need to install any dependencies just for the tree prop files that are included in the SFBT Street Tree Mod (and that are now included in the SFBT Essentials, since they were used for quite some lots already). Simply uninstall/unselect all Cycledogg/PEG tree prop families, then the lots will show only the regular Maxis trees. :)
Andreas

Stewey

Thanks for that Andreas, I decided I wanted all of them for more variety so went for all the tree props.  :)

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Andreas , how far is royal's  ;) little project from compeletion?
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

Andreas

Well, I said it will take a while. ;) Swamper77 is (or was) on vacation, so not much progress was made.
Andreas

Andreas

SFBT's newest member, voltaic, has shown an incredible talent with his first BATs, taking into account that he creates 3D models since quite a few years. Being from Switzerland, his first three releases are some Swiss farms - making them the first I-R releases by the SFBT. :) voltaic modeled them after real examples, or photos that he found in the net. All three lots share the same texture and prop resources, so they should look fine together. There's one lot for each of the three farming stages, which should give you a nice variety as well. The stats have been balanced with the X-Tool. Also included in each download is a ploppable landmark lot with jobs, so you can create proper European villages that usually have the farm buildings within the community border, whereas the fields are outside the village. Enjoy! :)

SFBT Old Farm by voltaic

SFBT Swiss Farm by voltaic

SFBT Western Swiss Farm by voltaic

Andreas

papab2000

Very impressive lots voltaic  :thumbsup:

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Visit my mapping thread: linkie
Post pic's of your NHP Mapped Regions linkie

CasperVg

Nice BATs, and the lots look splendid as well.  :thumbsup:

downloaded...
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

art128

awesome work on these farm Andreas  &apls :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Fatsuhono

Beautiful work Andreas-san! :thumbsup:

vester

Andreas: Thanks for bringing voltaic's work to us. Please tell voltaic that he have done some BEAU-TI_FUL work.

Simpson

These farms are looking splendid  &apls
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Vario80

The farms are really well done. Love the little details on the lot.  :thumbsup: &apls
Avatar: Atlantic Hotel Sail City- The new landmark of Bremerhaven

Fresh Prince of SC4D

much too needed.....thanks &apls
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

arpo67

Hi

First I just want to say your creations are all much appreciated  &apls! The question I had though was with the Anger-Crottendorf embankment station - do you know how I can lose the 'no road connection' zot without dragging a road up to the height of the station?

Thanks
Andrew

Andreas

You have to be a bit creative when using this station - I guess I should have explained that better in the readme file. ;) The "no car access" zot appears because it provides some civic jobs. Use the green grass pedmall tile on the embankment, and place a bus or subway station next to it, like it is shown in the first pic. The former will remove the zot, since it connects the station to the road network, and the bus stop will provide access for the commuters, at is it shown in the second pic. Other configurations might be possible as well, such as creating an "invisible" bus stop that looks exactly like the grass pedmall (a lot with transit switch properties and just a green base texture). If you need the station just for eyecandy, you can leave out the bus stop, though.

Andreas

arpo67

Wow :o, thanks for the quick reply Andreas! Should be able to get sims into my stations now.

Regards, Andrew.