• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Metasmurf's lotshowcase

Started by metasmurf, May 01, 2007, 12:15:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriots1228

you should definetely upload these somewhere, i would love to have them.

i came into the lotting section to get a good laugh, usually lots are just a bunch of buildings smashed together.

instead ive seen some incredible lotting keep it up!

Gaston

metasmurf,
    The gardens look great,   That is what I meant.   Basically just something to feed the family with.    Excellent.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

mattb325

Excellent farms metasmurf. These are very believable :thumbsup:

metasmurf

Sure I can release them in this thread, but beware the dependency list will be pretty big

sebes

Quote from: metasmurf on May 04, 2007, 01:42:59 AM
Sure I can release them in this thread, but beware the dependency list will be pretty big

The more... the better  :thumbsup:
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

BarbyW

Quotei came into the lotting section to get a good laugh, usually lots are just a bunch of buildings smashed together.

Patriot1228:If that was your idea of lotting, then you have no idea of what lotting entails let alone modding afterwards to ensure it is a game asset. I suggest you learn abit about lotting by looking at these carefully and also some other threads. Look at what VillaV has done with Kwakelaar's buildings. Lotting is a skill and without it BATs are just buildings.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

meinhosen

Metasmurf- the farms are coming along nicely.  I like the addition of the garden in the back of the lot(s)- it adds a nice flair to the whole lot.  I'll jump for joy if you choose to release these.  :thumbsup:
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

Gaston

Quote from: BarbyW on May 04, 2007, 02:54:03 AM
Patriot1228:If that was your idea of lotting, then you have no idea of what lotting entails let alone modding afterwards to ensure it is a game asset. I suggest you learn abit about lotting by looking at these carefully and also some other threads. Look at what VillaV has done with Kwakelaar's buildings. Lotting is a skill and without it BATs are just buildings.
I think I agree with you Barby.   I have to admit something though...    I don't have a clue what modding is.   I have heard the term alot but never asked about it because I didn't want to feel stupid.    Well around here everyone knows I am lets say less than knowledgeable about things, so...    What the heck IS modding?     Are there tutorials about it?
  &ops
    (Stands in front of the room.)   "Hello my name is your name here and I am still a NooB."   LOL

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

BarbyW

Modding is short for modifying and is anything that changes properties of lots or the game - like the CAM or NAM. Lotting is the cosmetic side of production and modding the technical side.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

dedgren

QuoteLotting is the cosmetic side of production and modding the technical side.

Or, LOTting is like hairdressing and MODding is like liposuction.

...Shimmer is a floor wax...No, it's a dessert topping!!!

Whatever, I'm glad there's all you experts out there to do it so well.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Tarkus

Quote from: dedgren on May 06, 2007, 11:32:39 PM
Or, LOTting is like hairdressing and MODding is like liposuction.

Hmm . . . so I'm a plastic surgeon, eh?  Dr. NAM-0210 . . .   ??? :D  (okay, that was a truly atrocious one ::)).

Back on topic, those farms look absolutely incredible, metasmurf! :thumbsup:  Very realistic, I might add, with the farm house and the barn, with the dirt road leading up to it.  I concur with Barby that there is definitely an art to lotting, and it seems to me that you're very good at it.  Keep it up!

-Alex

jacqulina

wonderfull work i love the farms &apls

Glenni

You asked me on MSN if i could do some boat props for you, as you told me you needed some, though, since my modeling skills on things such as boats and vehicles are crappy i found a temporary solution, i exported some models from gta, and rendered them for you. I am having some problems with the 5th boat prop though, it only appears in one of the 4 angles,  and looks rather skewy.

From top to bottom, the boats with their GTA names.
1. Marquis
2. Jetmax
3. Speeder
4 Reefer, with some editing so that i could use it for two boat props.
5. the one on the left, reefer, original model version, though that's the one i'm having problems with.

As soon as i got them all rendered succesfully i'll send them your way, i don't think i want to upload these on the STEX or LEX as they aren't mine , and from a licensed game...

EDIT: nevermind, i fixed the error.

Just waitin for ya on msn. ;)

skyjuice

M4346

Quote from: Patriots1228 on May 03, 2007, 04:14:06 PM
i came into the lotting section to get a good laugh, usually lots are just a bunch of buildings smashed together.

Hahahahaha! Now that was a good laugh!  :D

God if only opening up the LE was so, I don't know, brutal! I could assure you it would be less painstaking and a whole lot quicker!  ;)

So, I echo the sentiments of our LEX Goddess up there.   ;D
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Swesim

Jag får väl återgälda hövligheten genom att säga att dina bondgårdar ser kanonfina ut (det gör de verkligen)!
Your farms look very good Metasmurf, keep it up!
If possible it would look more Scandinavian if You used some of Kwakelaar´s stuff, especially his barns look very good...

City Builder

All very nice looking can you tell me where you found the information to make these into growable farms?
When your tired of games of destruction, come to CityBuilderGames.com to discuss games of Construction!
Oh!  Thanks for the negative rep, I love you too!

metasmurf

It's been a while :P Anyway, I've started to compose some slope conforming farm lots. They're still in the first phase though.

It seems that there are no more foundation props to go with any other barns, so I guess it's up to someone with bat knowledge to make more  ::)

buddybud

hey nice lots.

I've never worked with foundations before but i'm sure there must be some info on how to do that. It really can't be much more than a textured box....hmmm

metasmurf

Prolly by rendering it underneath the base line (don't know which of x,y,z). Yes, it could be done but then I would have do know the size of the barn I would make a foundation for, and that's where the problem arise. So, I guess I would have to make a barn then :P