• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your... City borders/edges!!!

Started by GDO29Anagram, September 26, 2010, 09:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDO29Anagram

I thought of creating a thread like this, and besides, no-one thinks of how well one city matches up with another at their borders.

One city may be a bustling metropolis, and another adjacent city may be an industrial wasteland. Or you may have an island of agriculture in a metropolitan sea, and you want to show the "coastline" of the agricultural island...

Maybe the border is like mine: one city is highly developed, and the other is underdeveloped...

This here is my best city of all time. Sadly, I lost the data for it, since the hard drive it was stored on got corrupted...  :'( Oh well, next one...  ;D

A little explanation: I built the city to the right and dubbed it "Snake River Town." As I said, it was one of my best cities, population 250K, large city tile. To the left of it, right past the city edge, is the city of Kensington, one of the Maxis's pre-made cities. (I did a lot of work on it, though...)

--
The basic premise of this thread is simple: Photograph the city edge of one city, photograph the SAME edge of an adjacent city, erase the blue-grey background and the ground layers of both images so that you can actually put the two images together, then actually combine the two city edges together. (It's best to use the neighbour connection arrows or the actual road networks for that.)

With all that aside, let's see your city borders/edges!!! Is there a massive difference between the two, or do they mesh together so well, it's impossible to tell that they're two separate cities?
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Catalyst

In this picture you can see a dump build on a fault line.

figui

this has always been one of my points of interest when developing a city tile. i usually try to get a good looking region view, so the edge work is a very decisive matter.

besides being a 4 year old thread, only 1 reply has been made, i should try to get some pics to contribute..  &ops
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

Themistokles

That's an amazing image, Catalyst! &apls

And for anyone interested, I'd like to indicate this mod: http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/29051-no-more-neighbour-connection-arrows/ that removes the neighbour connection arrows. That way there'll be even harder no way to find the fault line. ;)
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

vortext

That's nicely done indeed Catalyst!  :thumbsup:

Don't have any border images yet as I'm dragging my feet growing farm fields specifically to 'connect' different city tiles, visually at least. It has to be done some time though. .  ::)
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Kaslo

vortext

Seamless.  ()stsfd()

And welcome to SC4D Kaslo:)
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Kaslo