• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The SFBT Advent Calendar 2010

Started by Andreas, November 30, 2010, 03:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas

We can only release what's ready so far. ;) But rest assured, there are quite a few goodies left until Christmas. For those with huge plugins folders - time for some "winter cleaning"! Anyway, since you apparently liked yesterday's Berlin landmark, I decided to upload yet another one:

SFBT Frederick the Great Statue by peterycristi

peterycristi's detailed statue of Frederick the Great, king of Prussia, is located on the famous "Unter den Linden" boulevard in the center of Berlin. It's one of the most important sculptures of the 19th century, marking the transition to very detailed and realistic sculptures. During WWII, it was immured in order to protect it, and since Frederick was riding towards the East, the statue was relocated to Potsdam-Sanssouci after the war. It was finally erected at the old location again in the 1980s, after a thorough restauration.

Andreas

Girafe

Fabulous Statue very detailed great Art &apls &apls
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

cubby420

bap

Thanks for the exciting sequence of excellent releases, Andreas. SFBT keeps it high standards!  &apls   &apls  &apls

mrbisonm

Friedrich der Grosse, also known as "Der Alte Fritz". Funny, my father named me after him, when I was born in Gelsenkirchen/Germany. He had the same name as Frederick The Great's father, Friedrich-Wilhelm, and thought it would be nice to stay in the same line-up. I was raised in the Aachen area (aix-de-la-chapelle) though, more or less close to Andreas' area (north of him). Now I'm in Canada since 40 years.
lol... I have a picture of the statue in Berlin with me beside it, when I was barely 6 years old, in 1958.....absolutely have to find that picture....
This seems to be very well done, have to see it ingame though to confirm. Looks very stunning and I love those well chosen textures. Downloaded.

Thanks SFBT.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Andreas

SFBT Modern Bus and Tram Stops by Fluggi and khoianh94

From Berlin to Munich we go today, presenting a very nice set of bus and tram stops, made by Fluggi and khoianh94, who are not in the SFBT (yet?), but nevertheless, their work is excellent, and together with some modding touches, the lots certainly deserve the SFBT logo, which indicates high quality BATs, lots and mods from our German SimForum community. :) This set contains a total number of 17 bus and tram stops, inspired by those that can be found in Munich, Germany. Apart from "regular" bus stops, we also included a couple of road-top stops, a diagonal version, and two lots that were designed for the Fractional Angled Roads (FAR). You might recognize this set from the STEX, if you already have that one, we recommend to remove it from your plugins folder (don't forget to bulldoze the lots first) and get this thoroughly updated version. Oh, and finally: the bus and tram stop shelters and the other props are rendered in HD. :)

Andreas

travismking

i love these stations :D Use them all the time, but think i will stick with the ones i already have, cuz im not going through every city bulldozing every bus stop :p

Andreas

Yeah, that's probably better if you used them a lot in a city already. What I changed was (apart from some minor budget settings) the Transit Switch Entry Cost - now calculated to the formula that the NAM Team members worked out and the visual appearance in the menu in particular. Also, the additional props will now "highlight" if you move the cursor over them (and display the hover query). Plus, the diagonal and FAR lots got diagonal signs and ticket machines now. :)
Andreas

travismking

Ahh so i definitely dont need them then, as I changed the Transit entry cost myself, and the other things changed are not important to me :) Still, I really like these models, enough so that they are the only bus stations I ever use, although mine look much different now, as I relotted them

Andreas

SFBT Storehouse by voltaic

Yet another building that has been "on hiatus" for a while, but nevertheless, this is a nice addition to the set of historic Switzerland houses that voltaic created so far. I decided to make this one (apart from the usual landmark version) a stage 1 R-$ building, so you can use it as an initial lot for a small farming community.

Andreas

cubby420

How quaint and rustic? I love it.  :thumbsup:

mrbisonm

very original and well done, another one in my villages. Love the details!

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Andreas

SFBT Rail to GHSR Converter by Nardo69

Admittedly, this is probably the smallest and simplest lot that we will upload for the SFBT advent calendar this year. Nevertheless, it is a lot that was requested over and over by many HSRP fans when they saw it in Nardo69's "Urland" MD or elsewhere. But nevertheless, this Rail to GHSR converter lot can be very useful if you want to connect your "classic" rail network to a high speed line. It works similar like the Maxis El-Rail to Subway transition, or the Tram to Subway converter that we released a few days ago - railway passengers are simply converted into HSRP (or monorail, actually) passengers, and while you can't use it in UDI mode, and automata will not be able to cross the lot, it's fully functional, and integrates seamlessly into the game.

Note: We also updated the SFBT Essentials with some new items that are needed on future lots; the Rail to GHSR Converter is the first one that needs the new version, so please make sure to update your current installation.
Andreas

Fresh Prince of SC4D

BIG help. Thanks Nardo and Andreas  :thumbsup:
Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

travismking

extremely simple lot, yet extremely useful too :) Nice :)

Andreas

SFBT Kivogradskaya Apartments by Sam Johnson

Sam has been pretty busy this year, and after the large factory building, this is the second batch for the SFBT Advent calendar - one of the countless examples of Russian pre-fab architecture in the fast-growing suburbs of Moscow that have been erected over the past centuries. Please don't forget to dowhload the new playground props (see below), too.

SFBT Playground Props by Sam Johnson

This is a rather extensive set of playground props, specifically made for the Moscow lots, but certainly a good choice for any Plattenbau quarter or other R-§ developments. It contains about 100 props with various playground equipment, grouped into several prop families with different colors. It's a dependency for today's BAT, but also for a couple of other lots that will be released soon.

Andreas

io_bg

Fantastische Arbeit! :thumbsup: ::) This'll certainly come in handy! The playground props are great, too.
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

rooker1

Now that's a very nice looking building!!
Thanks.  I think I'll be looking for a place in my city tonight for this one.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

noahclem

Nice building and nice playground props! It's been a good season so far for the SFBT  &apls

Evillions8

Quote from: Andreas on December 08, 2010, 03:17:49 PM
SFBT Kivogradskaya Apartments by Sam Johnson

Sam has been pretty busy this year, and after the large factory building, this is the second batch for the SFBT Advent calendar - one of the countless examples of Russian pre-fab architecture in the fast-growing suburbs of Moscow that have been erected over the past centuries. Please don't forget to dowhload the new playground props (see below), too.

SFBT Playground Props by Sam Johnson

This is a rather extensive set of playground props, specifically made for the Moscow lots, but certainly a good choice for any Plattenbau quarter or other R-§ developments. It contains about 100 props with various playground equipment, grouped into several prop families with different colors. It's a dependency for today's BAT, but also for a couple of other lots that will be released soon.

Now that's what I call a Russian Block!!! &apls &apls &apls