• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The SFBT Advent Calendar 2010

Started by Andreas, November 30, 2010, 03:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciuu96

All the releases have been great, but my favourites are these two soviet buildings, the paris-styled corner building and the small but still very useful GHSR to rail connector. Thank you really much for all of this stuff, and looking forward to even greater creations!  :)
Has it really been almost 2 years?
Must return. :)

peter007

Great stuff.
I'm wondering which R$ peoples would sleep there  :D

Girafe

Sam Johnson is amazing, his soviet buildings are impressive
Thanks for sharing  :thumbsup:
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Andreas

SFBT Signalboxes by royal

The "model railroad" fans will like today's upload, two new signalboxes, created by royal. Both models have been rendered in HD, the Koblenz-Lützel signalbox is using an overhanging prop. On another note, the SFBT Semaphore Signal Props have been updated with a HD version. The set contains about 100 German railway props, now all in HD, too. Also included is a special update file, so you don't have to edit your old lots. The replacement mod will update existing signal models to the HD version "on the fly".

Andreas

peter007

Yihaa, Thats what I need for my cities. Good Job  &apls

Andreas

SFBT Campground by der Gammler and Andreas

Today's download started as a private set of lots that der Gammler featured in his village competition entry at SimForum last summer, and which got quite a few responses back then. While we have seen certain campsites with tent props and the like before, a typical European campground with lots of caravans, the obligatory sanitary building, the trademark barricade at the entrance and the like was still missing. For a public release, I stripped a few dependencies, and merged the several lots into one large version for easier placement, and the result was a pretty large 12x8 lot. There are two versions in the download, one "classic" ploppable lot in the park menu, and a growable R-$ lot of the same size, which I think somehow makes sense, since most campgrounds also have a couple of permanent residents over the year.

And for completeness, here's a larger overview pic across the whole lot, showing all details:

Andreas

cubby420

Well this certainly is something. It will not be long until pics of this campsite are popping up all over the site.  &apls  I must admit I long for the more modular set of lots as well though  ;D

Andreas

Well, it was not really a "more modular" set, it was just about the same basic layout if you managed to puzzle them together in the right order. ;) However, a more modular approach is certainly a good idea, but there's nothing that should stop avid lotmakers from giving it a try, using the included camping prop pack.

SFBT Bauhaus Series by Mathe Man

Yet another set of European small residential buildings to spice up your neighborhood, this time from the famous Bauhaus era. This set includes three slightly different models in five colors each, and two lots, a R-$$ and a R-$$$ version, for a good amount of variety, but yet a somewhat uniform look for a typical housing community that was developed in the 1920s, and renovated/repainted later.

Andreas

dedgren

All these things are wunderbar, but the campground lots and playground set have made my Christmas!  Thank you to all the great folks at SFBT!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

noahclem

Beautiful stuff Andreas! I need a little more trailer park in my life! (I mean that with a surprising amount of seriousness after spending 3 summers of a great job in company housing that consisted of trailers)  &hlp

I've not commented on every entry in the SFBT advent calendar but after missing days i still manage to catch up on downloads and don't forget where credit is due. SFBT on SC4D has been an amazing attribute to the site  &apls

metarvo

The many gaps in the game are continuing to be filled, and the work I've seen and downloaded from the SFBT Advent Calendar has gone a long way towards the accomplishment of this goal.  Keep up the good work!  The campground is outstanding!

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

metasmurf

That last batch of houses has got to be the best release so far  &apls Functionalism is definitely under represented in the game. I absolutely love it!

Ciuu96

Can't say that I'm fan of suburban functionalism (mid- and highrises then again are completely different thing, I'm a commieblock fan ;D), but the homes are very well done and gonna also probably use them in-game, especially if I get my CJ/MD started (been in plans for a long time). Very well done!
Has it really been almost 2 years?
Must return. :)

WC_EEND

Dieses Haüser sind sehr schön (I hope it's somewhat right, my German is a bit rusty)

Quote from: Ciuu96 on December 15, 2010, 05:21:19 AM
especially if I get my CJ/MD started (been in plans for a long time).

That sounds all too familiar ;D
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

Andreas

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like the uploads so far. :) I wish I had the time to play a bit again, too - maybe I'll finally manage to do that over the Christmas days or so...

SFBT Büdchen by Fluggi

Today's upload is a small one again, a little landmark from Wermelskirchen, a city between Cologne and Dortmund, located in the Bergisches Land, a hilly region south of the Ruhr area. "Büdchen" is a typical rural dialect, meaning a small booth where you can buy newspapers, snacks, tobacco and the like. Due to some "urban renewal", it got removed from the original location on the market square of Wermelskirchen, but luckily, the historic architecture could be preserved by some local activists, and the entire building got erected again in a nearby open air museum.

Andreas

Jack_wilds

These Christmas treats sure have been delightful... thank-you SFBT... does the 'Budchen' serve ice cream too  ()what()

Andreas

I bet it does - after all, there are some small café tables, so you can enjoy your snacks right there. ;)
Andreas

mrbisonm

Echt, das Buedchen gefaellt mir richtig. I like it.

I also downloaded the campground, I had to do some changes to it, because I don't have those Peg files in my plugins, but it came out pretty good the same.Thanks.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Andreas

SFBT Pre-Fab Elementary School by Sam Johnson

The SFBT has released quite a few pre-fab lots in the past, and right from the beginning, there were plans to release a series of rewards that are based on those lots. This pre-fab school is the first of this kind; it gets unlocked once you have more than 10 SFBT mega lots or 4 SFBT modern pre-fab lots in your city (which shouldn't be too hard to achieve). The building comes in four different colors, which are selected randomly via a prop family. Since prop families appear to lack the preview mechanism, we also added a special preview prop that works similar to the SFBT park sets - the preview will show during the placement of the lot, but then disappears forever, just leaving the "normal" prop.

Andreas

Gringamuyloca

I love the treats I discover here each day...

Thank you for sharing your 'blood, sweat and tears'!

Happy Holidays  and Best Wishes for the coming year!
Tamara