• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Lost Treasures of the BAT Gods... Can You Help?

Started by Serkanner, May 16, 2007, 01:56:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooker1

Thanks Barby, you are the best!!   ;D

Robin   ()stsfd()
Call me Robin, please.

glocK_94

Hi !
I don't know if the Las Vegas hotel "The Mirage" is missing. It was made by Torre-mayor. I found a lost (?) link while trying to find the Opéra Bastille.
Here's the link : The Mirage

I hope you'll upload the Opera soon! I've been looking for it everywhere. Besides, Torre-mayor files are partially online so i don't think he'll mind if you just provide "working links".

BarbyW

I am having problems with how to deal with the torremayor works. The lots as provided by torremayor are pure landmarks and there are no inherent problems with them so far as I can see so there is nothing to "correct". I shall upload them as is from the original zip files so anyone who wishes can use the models from there to make their own lots. I am prepared to provide base lots from the X Tool for ploppables with jobs and growables for anyone who wishes. It seems that there is no way to contact torremayor so they will be uploaded by the BSC Custodian until he can be contacted.
If anyone has any comments on this before they are uploaded please make them here. I will leave it until the weekend to upload which gives you all  plenty of time to comment.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

rooker1

This is fantastic news.  I can't wait until the weekend, what a great weekend it will be now.  Thanks Barby, and the others for all the help in making this possible.

%BUd% %BUd% %BUd%

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

fantnet

Thanks BarbyW thats great news! keep up the good work!

praiodan

Hey there... I have got some GREAT news for all of you... I just received an answer from torre-mayor and he was totally glad that we make his BAT's available on the LEX :)

M4346

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Badsim

God ! what a new you praiodan ! .... reply  him (if it wasn't already done ) that many people remember him , are grateful for his wonderfull BATs or are impatiently waiting for . ;)

Does he intend to make a come Back ?

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

praiodan

I already told him, that he and his BAT's are still very popular among the community and of course remember him ;)

Unfortuatly he made clear, that he doesn't want to have to do anymore with SC, so he won't come back I think, which is a real shame, but at least he was so genorous to give full permission to BSC for his BATs :)

Badsim

Yea , what a pity .  &mmm

Thank you Lars for have been so ... persevering . ;)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

jeronij

I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Serkanner

This is indeed fantastic news and proves that with a bit ( much ) effort some great results can be achieved to preserve some of the, almost lost, great work for the whole community. I salute you Praiodan  :thumbsup:

BigSlark

I am also glad to see Torre Mayor's work available again. Now if the great goddess of SC4D would make them CAMpatible it would be a great reason for a party!  Pretty please, Barby? ;D

Cheers,
Kevin

BarbyW

There are plenty of lotters around who can do this if they ask for the basic lots.

Travis

Somebody ask for a lotter?  ;D

If you would like me do a a lot for a few of Torre-Mayor's excellent creations, I'd be happy to oblige.  :thumbsup:

EDIT: If you could e-mail the files to me it would be great. Thanks in advance, Barby.  :)

BigSlark

I'd like the lots, please. My email address is in my profile.

Thanks Barby!

Cheers,
Kevin

BarbyW

NOOOOOO, let me know which basic lots you want - ie CO$$ for Bank of America. landmark with CS$$$ jobs for Pearl Continental etc - and I will do the basic lots and send them to you. I shall epxect to see them appear in the LEX candidacies thread for upload though ;D
I have four more individual files to upload and then will post the three model only packs as we have permission to do this.

glocK_94

Thanks so much for making these jewels avaible!  &apls

rooker1

Thsi is awesome, thanks barby.  I have them all now and you will soon see them in my MD in a future update.

&apls &apls &apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

BarbyW

I made a decision after receiving requests for basic lots. I am making a set of basic lots for most of the models for CO$$, CO$$$, CS$$ and CS$$$ and will upload them later today. I will also include a ploppable with CS$$ jobs for The Mirage and the Opera Bastille. As most of the buildings fall into the "megalot" category - i.e. they are over 6x6 - I have allowed one extra tile in each direction and the growth stages reflect that. If you want to change the lot sizes you will have to do that in Reader as LE will not allow a growable larger than 6x6 - see my tutorial on Making a Megalot if you have problems. If you change the lot size then the growth stage may need to change as well so let me know if you need any changes making.
If you want ploppables making into Rewards you will need to send me the finished lot with what you want as conditions for it to be rewarded. I can then do the script and other modding and send the lot back to you.