• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Arthur's Gallery

Started by art128, August 11, 2012, 07:23:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

Hello everybody!  :)
Today I'd like to start my thread about my trip to Oslo. (Where I am actually and will come back for tué 20th)

Most of the pictures I'll post here are going to be shot on films with a Nikon FE and a 35~70mm Nikkor lens. All my films are set to 200asa (three 36 shots films) and 400asa (one 24 shots film)

Some other pictures will be shot with my phone camera (Htc explorer) and some others with my point and shoot camera ( Samsung digimax S700).

photos will be shot mainly around different areas in Oslo, around thé fjords and at thé Holmenkollen ski jump.

I hope you'll have a good time watching my photos.  :satisfied:

For starter just à picture I took around Olso city hall. (Which is the brown building at thé left.)

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Flatron

Have some nice days in "Olso"  :D

WC_EEND

Looking forward to seeing your pictures :thumbsup:

Xander

Also good to see you got a new phone :P
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

art128

Quote from: Flatron on August 11, 2012, 08:07:10 AM
Have some nice days in "Olso"  :D
Corrected. Thanks.  :P  $%Grinno$% I am writing on my phone so it's not really easy.. %confuso

Quote from: WC_EEND on August 11, 2012, 09:05:48 AM
Looking forward to seeing your pictures :thumbsup:

Xander

Also good to see you got a new phone :P

Yes indeed! I'm going to give him good care!  :D

Props & Texture Catalog

Kitsune

A Nikon FE? Film? Thats an old school SLR ! I look forward to the pics... and I have great respect with people who still use SLR's because I need take the shot 5-6 times just to get it perfect at times  :D (I use a pentax k-x..)
~ NAM Team Member

noahclem

Tromso looked better  ;D Look forward to more and maybe I'll share a couple of my pics with you soon. How're the prices over there?   ::)

art128

Quote from: Kitsune on August 11, 2012, 11:34:01 AM
A Nikon FE? Film? Thats an old school SLR ! I look forward to the pics... and I have great respect with people who still use SLR's because I need take the shot 5-6 times just to get it perfect at times  :D (I use a pentax k-x..)

Yes indeed! I find film photography funnier and more exciting than digital photography. The time you wait the films to develop while thinking that you may have failed them, that's what I like! I usualy just take one or two shots from the same angle (maybe with a diffèrent position) This time it'll be harder than before because I have nobody to give me advice, tips. Back then I had my dad to tell me If I had forgoten something. But here I'm with my older sister and it's like I'm alone. She never talks to me or anything. So I have to make it on my own.  But it's better that way I guess.

Quote from: noahclem on August 11, 2012, 01:51:56 PM
Tromso looked better  ;D Look forward to more and maybe I'll share a couple of my pics with you soon. How're the prices over there?   ::)

Tromso seems like an interesting city indeed! I don't have any plans on going there though.
As for the price, if you don't go around like the perfect tourist, you don't have to spend a lot of money. For exemple in the guides you hear about the "Olso pass" which gives you all the museums for free as well as some transports I think. This one is 60-70 euros for 3days. The funny is that most of the museums in the guide are aleady free! We took a seven days transport pass with student reduction. For the food. Well as we are at family's friends (my dad knew them for like 30years) we don't really have to buy lots of things.  But if you have to, the Kiwis are not too expensive.
A nice nice to hear about your photos. You can post them if you want to.  :)

Okay today just à couple pictures I took with my phone around the waterfalls. I may have lost the film I was using: I think it turned nothing when I took the pictures. And later on when the film was "finished" it rewinded too fast. We'll see. That is the main downside of film photography.

Okay here are the pictures.

Props & Texture Catalog

gn_leugim

hmm trying to give Baters new ideas? XD

ehhe, enjoy the days there :D

io_bg

Those are some nice pics, keep it up! :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

noahclem

Great pics with the waterfall and building  &apls  It's great that you're able to travel cheaply there  :thumbsup:

WC_EEND

those are quite good shots for what is in essence a budget smartphone (even more so because the camera has always been HTC's week point along with battery life). Looking forward to seeing more :thumbsup:

My LOT thread                                    

art128

hehe, thanks guys!

Tomorrow I am going to scan all my photos ( 36*2-24), I'll post them after! :D

Props & Texture Catalog

art128

Okay, here I am !

Today I've got the pictures I took in Hovedøya, a small green island just 10 minutes by boat from Central Oslo. Here you can swim, take some free time and benefit from the nature.

See them Here
Hope you liked the picture.  :)

More when I have some replies.  ;)

Props & Texture Catalog

gn_leugim

Very nice, a lovely place I have to say :D

That cannon could see some use though ^^

art128

thanks Gn!

Here are some more pictures:

See them Here

I hope you liked these pictures today!

Props & Texture Catalog

WC_EEND

I sure did, it's really unique to still see somebody shooting with film instead of digital (other than a few urbex blogs I read, I know of no other people that still use film).

Xander

My LOT thread                                    

gn_leugim

that's true actualy.

I like the photos very much, the city looks very nice and the river very clean and pure with great wilderness arround, awesome! :)

Mr.Lin

Beautiful city!I hope you have a pleasant stay!
THE CITY OF DANYARD ! SCCN
THE CITY OF DANYARD ! SC4D (Click on the pictures below)

人们都知道的,是生活;人们不知道的,才是艺术

art128

Thanks guys!

Mr.Lin - Yeap, I head a pleasant stay!

Okay today some pictures I took aboard a boat when we went to Oscarborg Festning. This fortress at the start of the Fjord destroyed a Nazi boat at the start of the WWII when they tried to take Norway by night.

See them Here

Okay, that's all folks!  $%Grinno$%

Props & Texture Catalog

Shark7

The scenery is beautiful, hope you really enjoyed your stay.  :)