• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

'Most Recent Posts' gone from 'home' section

Started by Simcoug, January 15, 2014, 11:28:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simcoug

Howdy y'all - long time poster, first time subscriber.  $%Grinno$%

Anyway, is there anyway to bring back the list of the most recent posts when I hit the 'home' tab?
After becoming a subscriber, that feature is replaced with a 'shout' page, which is fine and good, but I really liked seeing the most recent posts on the site at a quick glance. 

I'm guessing there is something I can switch in my profile settings, but I have come up empty handed.

Thanks!

catty

You will notice a number of small square boxes at the top of the screen, but below the banner, some will have pluses in them, others a minus, click on them and it will change the page layout, keep clicking on them till you are happy with the layout.

hope that helps

-catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

APSMS

SimCoug,

I noticed the same thing when I subscribed. Now, this may work differently depending on your browser (which do you use?), but for me, if I click on the home button at the top of the page, or go directly to sc4devotion.com/forums/ in my browser (usually Firefox, but also Chrome), it takes me to the shouts page if I am logged in.

However, if I only type in sc4devotion.com (let redirecting do the rest) or click on the SC4Devotion banner in the top left of the page, it takes me to the Most Recent Posts section you're pining for. For some strange reason, this fails 100% of the time on my smartphone/Dad's tablet, so you may have varying success. I haven't had it fail yet on my computer, though.

Hope this helps!
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Simcoug

Quote from: APSMS
However, if I only type in sc4devotion.com (let redirecting do the rest) or click on the SC4Devotion banner in the top left of the page, it takes me to the Most Recent Posts section you're pining for.

Yay, the magic link!  Thanks APSMS - everything is now right with the universe  ;D
(BTW, I was using chrome... worked like a charm)

whatevermind

This disappeared on me a long time ago, and just recently reappeared. I just figured it was lost to site redesigns. Good to know there's ways to get it back if it disappears on me again.  :-[