• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Paradox Interactive announces Cities: Skylines

Started by Tarkus, August 14, 2014, 03:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catty

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

joshua43214

Thanks catty. The folks over there are being much too polite and not asking hard questions lol. It's almost like they are afraid the game will vanish if they ask tough questions.

I actually registered and tossed in my 2c. worth. Hopefully they will respond. They are getting far too much enthusiastic gushing in exchange for being pretty vague about some key details.

catty

Read your post   &apls

You haven't got an answer yet unfortunately, I must admit when they talk about "leveling up" a building I kind of assumed it would be something like some of the buildings they have in CIM1, with those you have one building that you can plop but when you did each time it would be a different colour and if you looked at the file it contained more than one model of the building each a different colour, I'm guessing you could use the same principle to have the building change to look better or worse ...

that's just a guess and probably completely wrong.

-catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

catty

Quote from: joshua43214 on October 09, 2014, 07:22:34 PM
...I actually registered and tossed in my 2c. worth...

Have read the rest of your posts    &apls   its a pity you haven't got an answer from one of the developers ...

catty

I've posted this information about farming over at CB, so before I forget I'll post it here as well

;D

QuoteThe spawning system of zoneable buildings (this includes farmlands, too) is designed to work best with lots the size of 4x4 and smaller. This is partly due to the freeform nature of the world and the way the game tries to fill the zoneable areas most efficiently. Therefore having larger spawnable buildings could lead to them spawning rarely due to their size as the game would try to find suitable locations for them to spawn and at the same time make the areas so that there would be as few left-over cells between the different buildings as possible. However, we are talking about the possibility to remove the fences between the different farm plots to make it visually more appealing.

Nexis4Jersey

I'm watching this game closely.....abit disappointed with the farms hope they expand them.

catty

Quote from: Nexis4Jersey on November 03, 2014, 03:50:49 AM
.....abit disappointed with the farms hope they expand them.

I think we all are, but at least they are doing farms, animals and also forests   :)

CahosRahneVeloza

Just had to necro on here because you people definitely need to share your opinions regarding multiplayer gaming and how it can potentially ruin this upcoming game.

Seriously, a lot of the people posting on these two threads...

http://steamcommunity.com/app/255710/discussions/0/610573751157797940/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/255710/discussions/0/610573751152060412/

...need to hear the opinions of people from a bigger City Builder genre community as SC4Devotion, Simtropolis and Simpeg.

threestooges

=============
While I'm pleased to see some discussion going back in this board, particularly with the release of this game coming up in a couple weeks, I'd ask that the discussion stay productive. Prompting discussion about how something would specifically ruin the game is largely unproductive. If you all have ideas about whether it's something you would like to see or prefer not to see, that's fine, as well as if you have ideas for how to implement certain aspects. As with any thread here on SC4D, intentional flaming of a topic is frowned upon.
=============

For my part (having gotten the formal admin-y thing above out of the way), I think, as long as there is a stand-alone single player option, a multiplayer experience that was apart from that could prove interesting. It's something we've seen several city building games try with varying degrees of success, but one that none of them have really seemed to nail down. Simulating a market economy is an interesting concept, and having real players engaging in it adds that much more realism (but it's nice to disconnect from that now and then for some basic, fundamental single player city building).
-Matt

catty

Quote from: CahosRahneVeloza on March 02, 2015, 10:28:11 AM
......need to hear the opinions of people from a bigger City Builder genre community as SC4Devotion, Simtropolis and Simpeg.

One of the Paradox Account Managers is active and posting in this topic over at Simtropolis

http://community.simtropolis.com/topic/64798-what-do-you-want-in-cities-skylines/page-2#entry1553962

and if you look at their last youtube video or the modding guide they put out recently, sorry I'm at work so I'll just give you the link to where I last posted this information

http://www.city-builders.info/cb-groups/item/16-cities-skylines-group

I'm reasonable confident that anything they come up with, will be a vast improvement on SimCity 2013.

-catty

catty

Copied from Simtropolis and posted by Paradox

QuoteWe're hosting a quick model contest with some nice prizes involved! It's being hosted on our forums, but we certainly want all of you amazing Simtropolis people to show us what you can do!

Here's a link to the contest page:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?840333-Custom-Building-Competition

And a link to the discussion page:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?840335-Grand-CBC-discussion-thread

Hope to see your entries!

:)

threestooges

Thanks for that Cathy!

That said forget the copy paste. If you all are interested in discussing the game, have a look at this new thread here. We were fortunate enough to get in conversation with one of the community managers with the game. Feel free to voice your thoughts with someone who has their finger on the pulse of the game.
-Matt