• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Railyard textures for the Real Railway

Started by eggman121, December 26, 2014, 10:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carlfatal

I am totally wowed.  :bnn:
I remember me asking for something like this some time ago, and different from what I´ve heard then, there will be an override for NCD´s wonderful textures. I am much more than only pleased, cause his work was not only the first attempt to build real railyards, it also was a very clever made set with a lot of oppertunities. I really would have missed it, and the use of his stations was a serious reason to avoid RRW for now.

Luckily this will have an end.  :thumbsup:

So you deserve a KP...  :)

rivit

great stuff Eggman and thanks for the plug. These are indeed epic sets of great utility (and size)

You'll be pleased to know that I've made a significant start on all of the Doc Rorlach Lot rail textures - since I made the originals I figured I should do the RRWs of them. About 80% through them now.

It is my intent to make them a part of RRW for RUM v4 to coincide with the next RRW release. 

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

mgb204

Cheers to both of you (Eggman and Rivit)...

I'm sure that making a huge bunch of existing content compatible with RRW will be of huge benefit to everyone. Not to mention giving us yet more textures for new projects too. I know the packs by NCD are not exactly small, so all your hard work is really appreciated. Hopefully this will encourage some hold outs to convert to RRW too.  :thumbsup:

vester

Great work, Eggman.

Rivit: Good to hear

Andreas

Sweet, I've been wondering if someone would create an "update" for NCD's rail textures, as it seems to be a logical step, considering how often they were used on various rail lots. Looking great so far! :)
Andreas

Jack_wilds

really think this is an awesome project, updating all t eh rails to RRW-texture spec...

luv the transformation with NWG rail sites... its a well done in progress   :thumbsup:

is there a plan as to how or when the updated textures will be bundled?...  ???

standing-by, watching the progress   :popcorn:

'nough said for now  :satisfied:

eggman121

Thank you all for the kind comments and Thank you carlfatal for the KP!  $%Grinno$%

Here are some more teasers for the NCD RRW Texture pack. Took a bit of wrangling but I think it is worth the wait  ;D

And Closeup

Now for the packaging stuff. Is there anyone out there that can write a Cleanitol File for replacing the NCD Maxis Texture packs with the NCD RRW texture packs?

Both texture packs have been overwritten.

That said these are not yet complete in the way that there are some Lots that use mix and match texture sets. Some are from BSC and I do not intend to re release already released work asides from editing the textures in question. So they will have to load last.

Keen to hear thoughts.

-eggman121

mgb204

I've never had occasion to make a cleanitol file. But I don't think it's anything much more than a .txt file containing the filenames of what is being replaced. Check out an existing one, there is nothing especially complex going on there so far as I can see.

Great to see the new textures :). If I can help you with packaging or anything, just let me know.

eggman121

Ok I have uploaded the NCD BSC Update Texture pack for the RRW.

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3350

If you have any questions please post here!

-eggman121

carlfatal

You´re my hero! From today on I´ll play with RRW! A huge, huge thank you!  &apls &apls &apls

kbieniu7

That's impressive amount of work  &apls Thank you very much!
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Mikey Knox

Simmer2

Its finally a reality!

Well done Stephen  &apls

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

CT14

Thanks for a great job on a much needed project! It really opens up a whole world of content to RRW players.

I think I found a tiny bug - in the LEX download's Readme, it says:
QuoteBoth the Original BSC Texture Packs can be Literally replaced.

(*)The BSC Texture Pack is still needed since only a few textures where updated! So Please keep this file in
your plugins folder!

Seems the first reference is meant to be to the two NCD texture files.

As pointed out already, the Cleanitol file is just a .txt file named something descriptive, like "RailyardTexturesRRW_Remove.txt" containing names of files to be removed, sans file extension. Example:
Railyard Texture Mega-Pack Vol 1
And another line for whatever the other file name is - I don't have it installed to refer to.

Thanks again, really stellar release!  :bnn:

compdude787

It will be nice to finally be seeing the proper textures on railyards. Do these textures simply override NCD's textures on every lot that uses them?
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

CT14

Quote from: compdude787 on March 18, 2016, 02:07:07 PM
It will be nice to finally be seeing the proper textures on railyards. Do these textures simply override NCD's textures on every lot that uses them?
They do indeed. The results are quite nice, especially for simpler lots:

I've had some issues with more complex or unrealistic layouts on certain lots. I wonder about the possibility of further overrides, although it seems some lots just won't ever work well with RRW due to insanely tight curves.

eggman121

Thanks for all the feedback everyone  :)

I have not had a chance to answer any questions due to RL.

Yes both the packs should override the textures that are part of the NCD Texture packs and I am so glad people are picking this package up.

The packaging was done in a bit of haste so I do apologize there. This package would not have been possible without mgb204 and Rivit's help! It was a major undertaking to make these textures since there was some width change that added to the complexity. I do plan to update more texture pack quite comprehensively in the future.

But for now enjoy  ;D

-eggman121

CT14

Thanks again Eggman! Here are some more pictures of this mod at work  :bnn:

Classic Jestarr lots and some others:

Currey PetroChemical

Hoof and Mouth Glue Factory

Unknown (UI in game shows "Custom Ploppable")

Owosso Beet Sugar Factory (I think some textures are not NCD originally)

Redwing Mill

BSC Freight Rail Station 8x4

North Country Dude's own lots:

Medium Freight Rail station:

Inner City Freight

Last but not least:

BLAM Modular Railyard!

I know I had one lot that really didn't work right, but I couldn't find it! So enjoy these pictures of working lots instead.  &apls

Alan_Waters

Excellent! &apls
"Золотая бочка"?! :o