Menu

LEX File Exchange
EA Support Files
SC4 Wikipedia
Network Addon Mod
Dependencies
Chat
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

January 20, 2022, 10:57:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: MGB's Mods and other stuff  (Read 98007 times)

Offline Seaman

Re: MGB's Mods and other stuff
« Reply #300 on: February 22, 2019, 10:08:38 AM »
Seriously, do you read minds?
Just a couple of days ago I thought: "hey, wouldn't it be amazing to have something like this?" And now it's here...  :thumbsup:

Thx for sharing!

Just a shy question. If I do already have your Filler Set v1, do I delete/replace it by v2 or are they intended to go alongside each other?

Unrelated to the above: I really like your underbridge set. I have a situation, where I have two 2-tile bridges next to each other, separated by a single tile median. Maybe you like the idea of adding lots with a 2-tile overhang or a lot that hangs over on both sides one tile, in case you are revisiting the release.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 10:44:47 AM by Seaman »

Offline mgb204

« Reply #301 on: February 24, 2019, 07:28:47 AM »
Just a shy question. If I do already have your Filler Set v1, do I delete/replace it by v2 or are they intended to go alongside each other?

You should remove the original, since the IDs will otherwise conflict. Keeping the old ones could mess with the item ordering, icons and even mean you have the old lots which aren't as well modded.

Unrelated to the above: I really like your underbridge set. I have a situation, where I have two 2-tile bridges next to each other, separated by a single tile median. Maybe you like the idea of adding lots with a 2-tile overhang or a lot that hangs over on both sides one tile, in case you are revisiting the release.

Originally I only had the 1-tile versions since I figured by using two you could span a 2-tile bridge. You aren't the first person to request 2-tile ones for these setups, I'll see what I can do there.

Offline Seaman

« Reply #302 on: February 24, 2019, 08:04:19 AM »
Thx for both answers. Keep it up :)

Offline pontiff ofchrists

« Reply #303 on: March 20, 2019, 08:39:18 AM »
Are those industrial streets available for download?

nvm, I didn't realize NAM includes them now
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 08:59:56 AM by pontiff ofchrists »

Offline Alan_Waters

• Old man
  • Forums Governor
  • Industrial forever!..
    • ВКонтакте
« Reply #304 on: December 26, 2021, 01:35:11 PM »
Something seems to have gone wrong. Perhaps I missed something, but these two mods do not work quite correctly for me:
https://disk.yandex.ru/i/Z0P0bZ_jE-1yjg
https://disk.yandex.ru/i/DxvRK8eTvocEwQ
NAM version 43
« Last Edit: December 26, 2021, 01:38:08 PM by Alan_Waters »

Offline mgb204

« Reply #305 on: December 27, 2021, 04:30:56 AM »
Sorry but those links aren't working for me, I've literally no idea what your problem is. Could you either explain the problem or post those images somewhere I can see them.

Offline art128

• ~\.Failed Haibane./~
  • Administrator
  • Forums Legend
  • CL: Chocolarte
« Reply #306 on: December 27, 2021, 10:23:15 AM »
I've uploaded Alan's picture on my imgur. I had to convert them though somehow as imgur was saying invalid file type on a jpg file...?

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Offline mgb204

« Reply #307 on: December 27, 2021, 12:14:26 PM »
Thanks art128, I was just getting a black screen, maybe the site doesn't support Safari or something?

The first issue with the RHW barriers looks like you've perhaps installed both the Barrier and non-Barrier T21s, which may cause the barriers to move about as you click around. Make sure only one type is kept in Plugins.

As for the E-RRW, those textures should be covered by the RRW ReSkin I used to create it. It's important that this mod loads after the NAM folder, which if you've used the defaults it should. I'll double check those pieces too myself, maybe something went wrong and wasn't noticed before.

Offline mgb204

« Reply #308 on: December 27, 2021, 01:11:11 PM »
Check you have the file RealRailway_Textures_DTR_ERRW.dat, it's part of the default install and has all the relevant E-RRW textures included. The screenshot attached shows it working fine for me so if it's there, perhaps you have a NAM file loading after it or some other mod interfering?

Likewise in the attached screenshot, you can see the effects of keeping both these files in Plugins:

RHW Light and Barrier Mod for RH-6_8_10S.dat
and
     RHW Light Mod for RH-6_8_10S.dat

You should only use one set of three possibilities, for each supported RHW network, either:

• RHW Barrier Mod for XXX
  • RHW Light and Barrier Mod for XXX
  • RHW Light Mod for XXX

From what I see in your screenshot, at least one of the outer pieces kept the barrier and a light, whilst the others didn't. This is what happens when you have multiple conflicting T21 files, essentially they will be overridden in the order shown above. But, because T21's are unique, often they don't override one another, but turn the T21s into a kind of 'Prop Family', where on or the other is chosen from every time a piece is refreshed.

The instructions cover what files need removing, so maybe check through it again and adjust your install as required.

Offline Alan_Waters

• Old man
  • Forums Governor
  • Industrial forever!..
    • ВКонтакте
« Reply #309 on: December 27, 2021, 02:00:57 PM »
Thanks! I figured out the reskin; translation difficulties.  ;D
But with barriers it does not work very well. What should remain in the "LRMUSL Support" folder?

Because I only left the mod for barriers and light, but the problem remained.
Can the mod "RHW-6C_Steel_Barriers" somehow conflict with your mod?

I also found this:
« Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 03:06:21 PM by Alan_Waters »

Offline mgb204

« Reply #310 on: December 28, 2021, 05:41:27 AM »
But with barriers it does not work very well. What should remain in the "LRMUSL Support" folder?

Because I only left the mod for barriers and light, but the problem remained.

If you have LRM or USL lighting mods installed, only ONE of those files. If you aren't using either mod, you can remove the folder entirely. The readme details exactly how this works in more detail.

Note too that T21s like this don't automatically change, you have to click on the affected pieces to refresh the T21 data, that should fix up the barriers.

Can the mod "RHW-6C_Steel_Barriers" somehow conflict with your mod?

If any two mods both change the same pieces, then they will conflict with each other.

However there just may be another thing happening here, because that mod certainly isn't appearing in your screenshots at all. I'm thinking between the release date and the following information in the Mod's description:

This mod is NOT compatible with the following mods: 
"RHW Lights and Barriers" from Xyloxadoria
"RHW 6C Mast Lighting" from Xyloxadoria
The RHW-6C/8C High Mast T21 files from
"High Mast Lights and RHW-6C/8C High Mast Light T21" from Blue Lightning

These need to be deleted in order to make this mod to work properly.

It would seem this mod was designed for the pre-P57 RHW ID changes, just as those mods that are mentioned as not compatible were. I've manually checked and indeed this is the case for all four of these mods. Essentially all these old T21 mods use an ID scheme that hasn't existed in the NAM for many years now (since NAM 30). In other words, there is no point in installing such mods at all, since they simply no longer work. Which is why they aren't actually showing at all on your RHW. As such they also don't conflict with my mod, because I've used the new ID scheme.

I also found this:

Provided you selected the option for the RRW Ramp override during install, you should have the correct file - RealRailway_ReSkin_MGB Ramps.dat. So if it's not updating, it looks like the RRW Ramps themselves are loading after the override file. You can fix this by moving the ReSkin file into the same folder where the file RRW Ramp_Resource.dat is, note you'll have to rename the file to zRealRailway_ReSkin_MGB Ramps.dat so it still overrides the original.

Offline Alan_Waters

• Old man
  • Forums Governor
  • Industrial forever!..
    • ВКонтакте
« Reply #311 on: December 28, 2021, 10:09:11 AM »
Thanks a lot! Everything worked out  :bnn: